View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 2
Rank 2

In 2021, XStoryPlayer is somehow the only erotic game that I'm aware of to achieve a believable level of interactivity. The vast majority of adult games are soulless cash grabs.

The top adult games in 2021 are still 10-year-old Bethesda games, and they provide little more than staged scene setting. There's some fun to be had there, but it feels detached. If I want that, I'll just use that infamous free version of the most popular sex-scene creator poke-the-doll game on the market.

The other projects that I've seen come even close still pale in comparison for what I'm looking for.

I loved how in these games (3.5 especially), your movements and actions comprised the actual sex. You could play with the physics and clothes. It was immersive.

I've been one of those silent observers who held out hope that one day I would check here and see 4.0 released, or at least some extra content or source code for 3.5.

I mean, their support team emailed me and helped me to retrieve a code in 2020, and the game's developer posted a small update in 2019 saying that they were still hard at work on the game.

I would honestly just be happy with different models, more options, more clothes, more scenarios etc. The mods that are available are pretty scarce but also fun to toy with. I especially enjoy the Love Party mod. It's a tragedy that the modding community died out for this game before it ever really got started, seemingly due to a lack of streamlined tools and continued vague promises that a new version was in the pipeline.

I understand most of the concerns about any further content being released from XMoon. I only have my hopes left. It's hard to believe that a developer that genuinely cared about their niche game would go two years without even addressing the niche fanbase that wanted so badly to support them.

No Patreon or anything? It's most likely a lost cause.

But there's always a sliver of hope. You had champions of the forum like Eskarn who have insisted that the new version is still coming. You still have an at least semi-active support team, and the website is still online. I can still login with my ID on the game's "Accountmanager" and play it, as well as download it.

It's been about a month since anyone has posted in these forums, confirming my worst fear that the most ardent supporters have all but abandoned this game.

Why am I posting here now after all these years of ghosting? Just to try to keep the forum alive. Just to let Xmoon and Xpad know that there is at least someone here waiting for any nugget of information about the potential follow-up to a little-known, but absolute gem of an adult game that I don't believe has been topped to this day.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:46 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Eh… this website officially has snake aids, R.I.P Xmoon. Had high hopes but you shit the bed big time, and xpadmin.. I’m not angry, I’m just disappointed…

Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:15 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

It seems like a dead project, agreed. I still hold out some hope given what I've seen, but mostly I just wish someone somewhere with more talent for game design than me would continue in the direction of the interactivity of XStoryPlayer.

Really, xpadmin probably moved on. Life probably happened. Got a woman who didn't want him designing BDSM fuck dolls with his spare time? New career that ate up all his time and energy? Ambitions became too overwhelming? Yakuza assassins showed up in his home to cash in on his mounting gambling debts?

I just wish the modding community had gained steam at some point, but now it's pipe dreams. There wasn't ever a user-friendly toolset for this one, so the learning curve is too steep for most users.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:31 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

Throwaway wrote:
Life probably happened. Got a woman who didn't want him designing BDSM fuck dolls with his spare time? New career that ate up all his time and energy? Ambitions became too overwhelming? Yakuza assassins showed up in his home to cash in on his mounting gambling debts?

Hah! Yeah, I think the Yakuza assassins arc is the only plausible storyline. He could at least find time to pop online and tell us about it if it was just every day life stuff. Not that he has an obligation to, but you have to be a bit of a dick to not tell people anything at all. Even the most hardened workaholic can find a couple of minutes to write a few words on a forum.

Maybe he could made the game open source and moddable so he could redeem himself. At least then if he ever DID come back with a new project, he'd have a fan base to sell to instead of a bunch of disappointed people who can't trust what he says. I assume it's a he, as I've never met a woman who's this good at ghosting.

Sort something out for us please XPAdmin - at least a little something to make up for the 5 Christmases you've let us down for?

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:59 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

I've said it before and I'll say it again: XMoon don't give a shit about their fans anymore. They've gotten rich and fat on the pre-ordered game versions and decided to leave everyone and everything behind.

Abandon all hope. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:57 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Yeah open source would be great! I'm not sure why this never happened.

Don't think fans and money are a primary factor for xpadmin. If he did care about those things, he would have a Patreon or something. Or a way to make more money.

Like, the game could be way more popular in 2021-2022 given the state of the adult games market, which means that there's still money to be made. So the beneficial thing to do would be to do or say something.

Crazy.

Hope is hard, but I still keep a little bit open for this series unless a better interactive game comes along.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:54 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

Throwaway wrote:
In 2021, XStoryPlayer is somehow the only erotic game that I'm aware of to achieve a believable level of interactivity. The vast majority of adult games are soulless cash grabs.

Try VirtAMate or a pretty realistic new game "Some Modeling Agency". It has the best interaction/reaction I've ever seen.

Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:07 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

IIT0NE wrote:
Razorsharp wrote:
What gives...

literally watched Jeff Bezos go from millionaire to billionaire

He was worth 10 billion in 1999. Would you please use your time machine and travel to 2050 and see if the game is finished.

Im joking im glad you lost the weight and met a new girl, im just choosing to have hope as long as the site is up cause it means somebody is paying for it and it isnt completely dead and abandoned

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:17 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

timmez wrote:
Throwaway wrote:

Try VirtAMate or a pretty realistic new game "Some Modeling Agency". It has the best interaction/reaction I've ever seen.

It's not a game. It's a creative software where you can create characters and pose or make 'movies'..

Saiko: "I hate you"

(ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)

Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:01 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

Verybad wrote:
timmez wrote:
Throwaway wrote:

It's not a game. It's a creative software where you can create characters and pose or make 'movies'..

A software where people made whole stories, interactive scenes, reactions.
I have it to play other people's scenes, not to create my own. Exactly like this game here.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next