View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Daughter of Essence RPG Maker Game [New Content Update!] 
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Weekly & Alpha: v0.116!

Hi everyone!

Last week, I mentioned we would start tying off loose ends this week, and that's what I've been working on.

We have a lot of returning old faces you can touch base with again, many of whom can be recruited depending on your choices up to now. Next week there will be more of the same, with Chapter 9 will be wrapping up very soon. Then I'll be getting started on the "final" chapter!

Which means... it's just about time for a new public release! I'll be posting more details about that soon, but you should expect it coming before the month is over.

As always the public release will be available at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

As always, thanks for checking us out and we hope you enjoy the new content.

Best,

Nym

Version 0.116 - 1-10-2020

Added new dialogue to the cove
Added a new area to the cove in Ch. IX: the garden (must have recruited Marilea)
Updated the cove’s upper area in Ch. IX if the battleship was salvaged & added a big new housing complex
Added new lighting to the rear cave areas
Mercy’s Luck now increases the odds of getting better mining results
Attempted to fix a random issue where mining can cause a crash
Adjusted the dusk lighting in Emerald Flats
Revised the Hawk’s Keep Minron dialogue and concluded (it if you completed the flame cultist quest)
You can recruit Elif or Ramesh in Ch. IX, depending on your choices prior
You can recruit Ramses, Henry and Lucas in Ch. IX, depending on your choices prior
Fixed some text run-off issues
Fixed some typos

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:40 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: v0.117!

Hi everyone!

Version 0.117 is available to both weekly and alpha patrons! This is primarily because version 0.116 will be going public NEXT FRIDAY, and I want to make sure all patron builds stay ahead of it.

But beyond that, just the nature of the build's content, the amount of fixes from last week, and the additional testing I'd like to get done before it all goes public just warrants an extra alpha release.

Hope you enjoy!

- Nym

New to the game or want to become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.117 - 1-17-2020
Added a new encampment to Mar’Liore in Ch. IX for reinforcements (if you still have Roald - WIP)
You can now deliver messenger birds to various points across the world in Ch. IX (WIP)
Updated the quest journal to catch back up to the current content
Added the option to purchase lumber from Esterholt in Ch. IX (if you didn’t salvage the battleship)
Delilah can be recruited from Witchdale in Ch. IX (if Mercy pursued her previously)
Witchdale has been updated in Ch. IX to reflect the passage of time (post Emerald Flats)
Added a few additional cove expenditures, since Mercy has been behind on crew payments
Fixed an issue where Marlan and Dalkon could get stuck on Bell’s arrival
Fixed an issue where a cutscene in the Oldlight palace repeats when returning
Fixed a portrait-related crash on the overworld
Fixed some passability issues in the cove
Revised some dialogue for better formatting and continuity

Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:35 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

PUBLIC RELEASE: CH. IX

This new release features hours of new content, new places, new characters, new voice acting, new conflict and, of course, new erotic adventures. And beyond just the new stuff, there are also dozens (or hundreds) of fixes, QoL improvements, revisions, and more.

Chapter IX is the penultimate chapter, as far as I'm able to tell. Everything you do now is leading up to the final moments in Chapter X, so take your time, enjoy, and as always, if you can't wait for the next chapter, join us here on Patreon to get that new content injection every single week: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:08 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Weekly Release: v0.118!

Try the brand new public build or become a patron to access more content at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.118 - 1-24-2020

Depending on your actions until now and a number of different variables, the amount of reinforcements from Mar’Liore will vary drastically. The results of all that is finally tallied, though not all of it will be revealed immediately.
It is now possible for Bennie (new character), Monday (new character), Lara, Kylie and Kobe Jones to join the reinforcements from Mar’Liore, depending on your actions until now. They will also appear in the cove if recruited.
Added a new cutscene with Marlan and Petrova
Added a new cutscene with all the new arrivals in the cove
If the red moth ejderha was encountered in Grey Clarion, it will appear again at the cove at the end of Ch. IX
Two new rooms were added to the 5th floor of the residential area, where Monday & Bennie reside (if they arrive)
Peacekeeper Leland can now be recruited in Ch. IX
Added more updated dialogue to Witchdale in Ch. IX
Mercy can now give the lumber purchased in Ch. IX to Gorps, who starts working on the new housing
If Roald left before Ch. IX, he will now send a letter advising Mercy to visit Gov. Willard. This quest, or the quest where Roald accompanies you, are now both required for narrative progress
Fixed an issue where Elijah and Franz could appear in two places at once in the cove
Fixed a portrait issue in Shiveworth
Fixed an issue where Ginny’s dialogue with Beatrix would repeat
Fixed an EVAL error in the General/Finder fight that could cause a crash
Fixed an issue where the “confront Van Ritter” dialogue played when Mercy chose to withdraw
Fixed some passability issues
Fixed an issue where the siege “total infiltration score” and the “2-man infiltration team” scores were conflated for a number of different checks, including whether it was required to purchase lumber & whether Gorps had built the new housing
It is no longer required to have met with Mirelinda Kreel in Carvannah in order to do the Flame Temple quest in Ch. IX (WIP - some of the dialogue may still suggest a prior meeting)
After the siege is finished, checking Mercy’s notes on the meeting table will now reveal the “total siege strength” value, as well as a letter grade for the results
Fixed some typos

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:29 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: v0.120!

Hey everyone, thanks again for helping the new public release go smoothly and for everyone who came to the discord to help report issues.

new or returning to the game? Become a patron or download the public build at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

We're looking really clean and stable right now, and I'm feeling good about the latest releases, which is great because all that smooth sailing is about to CRASH AND BURN, starting next week.

Because, folks.... we're finally here. The big moment of truth. The ultimate showdown (of ultimate destiny). Everything that you've been building towards is all preparing to converge right now, and it is not going to be a smooth process with easy-to-release builds in between.

I'm going to keep my head down for now and keep grinding just to see where we end up next week, but something tells me it might not be worth releasing until it's all playable.

On the other hand, it's probably going to need a lot of playtesting. We'll just have to see where I'm at with it all as we go and play it by ear.

Whatever happens... thanks for hanging in there.

As for the release right this moment, I'm giving you everything that's functional, just before the shit all hits the fan. There are some nice new features baked into this build that I think will make a lot of people happy.

Version 0.120 - 2-7-2020
Added a new boss encounter
Added a new side-quest (contingent on your choices so far)
You can now skip right to Mercy room or Beatrix’s office from the Dorms entrance (and visiting Beatrix heals you automatically)
You can now interact with the bed in Beatrix’s office, and Beatrix will heal your injuries.
Added more new dialogue to the cove
Fixed an issue where Beatrix could appear in Ch. IX even if she had died in the siege
Fixed some passability issues
Fixed an issue where Captain Bell could remain in the cove after leaving for Emerald Flats

Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:29 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Weekly & Alpha Release: v0.121!

Hey everyone!

This has been an excruciatingly time-consuming and complicated build to get out, but I'm very pleased to announce that the hard part is finally over and we're back to the more exciting stuff!

The new system developed for assigning units during the coming battle is vastly more sophisticated than the iteration from the previous siege, to say nothing of the fact that there are twice as many people now, so development on that created a lot of new challenges. I hope it works well, and I hope people don't find it too laborious to assign so many different roles, haha.

Aside from the big system implementation, we also wrapped up a few important plot-points and had time to squeeze in a brand new sex scene.

Next week's build is going to be all about diving into battle... so I hope everyone's ready!

Want to try the public build or become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.121 - 2-21-2020
Added a new NSFW scene (M/F, size difference, pregnant, romantic)
Added a new meeting sequence where the cove gathers to go over the battle plans
Added a new cutscene with Holden’s arrival
Added the Esterholt hunters to the cove (if recruited)
Added Mirelinda Kreel to the cove (if recruited)
Added the unit assignment system for the final battle, allowing Mercy to assign everyone in the cove a role, as well as the reinforcements, however desired. The scores are calculated now but won’t be revealed until later
Fixed an issue where skipping the first chapter could result in a soft-lock later on
Fixed some Orus-overlap issues

Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:22 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: v0.122!

Hey folks, this week we got a lot of new cutscenes with multiple branching paths wrapped up, and I plan to flesh them out a little further next week.

Also added the big packed-up final cove area, you'll be able to chat with everyone in the cove one last time before the big day, and in a lot of cases, get a bunch of new backstory on your fellow residents.

This is a WIP for now, going to take a whole lot of work to squeeze everyone in now that there are something like 80 possible members.

Anyway, thanks for playing and thanks for your support. Enjoy!
- Nym

New to the game? Want to try the public build or become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.122 - 2-28-2020
Added Oldlight ship conference room scenes
Added Oldlight ship doctor’s office scenes
Added Oldlight ship deck scenes
Added Grey Lions ship deck scene
Added new packed-up Cove areas (WIP)
Added new backstories for a handful of cove residents
Added the (embarrassingly) absent instructional line in the Emerald Flats mines about how to sense for essence by pressing F
Fixed an issue where the cove stands didn’t appear to be correctly packed up for the siege in Ch. IX if defenses were upgraded
Revised some of the chapter 1 dialogue for better quality and more seamless continuity
Revised the strategy meeting to include Megaera’s return

Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:51 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: v0.123! Whoa!

Hey everyone!

We've got another new weekly build for you, this time with a comfortable blend of secret, invisible math and much more interesting, perfectly visible new character dialogue.

The cove is a crowded place now, and adding everyone in to the new areas and giving so many characters the chance to go deeper into their backstories was fun and rewarding, but also time-consuming!

Not much to say about the build beyond that. Things are shaping up, and we're chipping away at the big pieces little by little.

Thanks for the support!

- Nym

New to the game? Try the public build or become a patron-- https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.123 - 3-6-2020
Added virtually every possible cove resident to the new packed-up cove areas with hundreds of lines of new dialogue and back-story
Began the calculations for Oldlight’s attacking strength based on your choices until now, and how those calculations will match up against your unit distribution scores
Fixed some passability errors
Fixed some typos and text runoff errors
Fixed an issue where some characters in the cove could appear or trigger cutscenes/dialogue even if they were supposed to be dead

Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:46 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: Version 0.124!!!

Hey everyone! We're back again with a cool new release, featuring a surprise new WIP area I'm excited to share.

It's been a lot of work on sprites and tiles this week for the mapping, but I mostly like how it came out in the end and I'm excited to keep building on this area further, since it's interesting and reveals a lot of new lore.

We'll be back next week, so stay safe in the meantime, hunker down with Daughter of Essence, and for God's sake, wash your hands often and thoroughly.

New to the game or want to be a patron? The public build and patron rewards are at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.124 - 3-13-2020
Added a brand new dungeon area to the game (WIP)
Added several new mini-boss encounters to the game (WIP)
Added new lore segments to the game in the new dungeon area
Added a new cutscene to the cove
Added more characters to the final cove areas
Fixed an issue with an image overlay in the final cove area
Fixed an issue where Ralph could appear in the cove even if he wasn’t recruited
Fixed an issue where Brandis could appear in the cove even if he had died in the siege

Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:50 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hey folks! We have a weird special giveaway for you!

Reply to the tweet (link below) with pic or video of you washing your hands, and we'll send you a free copy of the latest patron release of our erotic RPG, Daughter of Essence!

Share & Follow for a chance to win BONUS game content!

https://twitter.com/IndoorMinotaur/stat ... 80610?s=20

Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next