View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 17
Rank 17

Verybad wrote:
Unreal Engine is the most moddable and flexible engine on the market. Unity isn't too far behind either, but still not there yet.

I have been working on my own UE4 game for almost 2 years so i know my way around UE4 a bit and i have made plenty of mods for XStoryPlayer.

UE4 is a very nice established engine that is easy to make games for however making mods for those games is hard (making mod's is easy but designing the system to enable mods is hard).
Take ARK for example, they need to release a cut down version of the UE4 editor to enable mod making and you don't have access to a lot of C++ functions.
ARK's editor is currently 190GB

Meanwhile XStoryPlayer can be modded using notepad and making mods is very easy once you learn your syntax and functions.
You are still limited to modding with the exposed values and functions but there's a lot of functionality and will be more in the future i presume.

The best part is how simple it is, I can get a character to walk to a spot, talk, do a hand stand, strip down and run away all in one notepad.

Verybad wrote:
For example. If you sell a game using the Unreal Engine, and your game becomes popular, and you sell x amount, you'll have to pay x percentages to Epic.

UE4 is really cheap in terms of royalties.
5% of gross revenue after $3k per 3 months.
So if you earn $4k in 3 months then you need to pay EPIC 5% of $1k ($50).

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:02 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

Eskarn wrote:
Verybad wrote:
Unreal Engine is the most moddable and flexible engine on the market. Unity isn't too far behind either, but still not there yet.

I have been working on my own UE4 game for almost 2 years so i know my way around UE4 a bit and i have made plenty of mods for XStoryPlayer.

UE4 is a very nice established engine that is easy to make games for however making mods for those games is hard (making mod's is easy but designing the system to enable mods is hard).
Take ARK for example, they need to release a cut down version of the UE4 editor to enable mod making and you don't have access to a lot of C++ functions.
ARK's editor is currently 190GB

Meanwhile XStoryPlayer can be modded using notepad and making mods is very easy once you learn your syntax and functions.
You are still limited to modding with the exposed values and functions but there's a lot of functionality and will be more in the future i presume.

The best part is how simple it is, I can get a character to walk to a spot, talk, do a hand stand, strip down and run away all in one notepad.

Verybad wrote:
For example. If you sell a game using the Unreal Engine, and your game becomes popular, and you sell x amount, you'll have to pay x percentages to Epic.

UE4 is really cheap in terms of royalties.
5% of gross revenue after $3k per 3 months.
So if you earn $4k in 3 months then you need to pay EPIC 5% of $1k ($50).

God Eskarn i hope you are right and we will finally see a new version of XStory Player.

Over all these years NOTHING, i repeat NOTHING has come close to the quality of experience/complexity that XStory player has. Not even the three "best" adult games out there imho of the recent years can deliver what XStory Player has.

The Last Hope: Has many good elements but all position of the characters are fixed during the undynamic animations. No true interactive elements. Could use better models and better graphics. But overall one of the more pleasent adult games.

Sexaroid Girl: Extremely well made when accepting the scope of the game. I wish the developer did more with his game and expanded it, giving it more "story" elements and giving the player to move about.

Virt-A-Mate: Extremely clunk unfinished animation player basically with no fluids, extremely terrible UI and extremely greedy community who do not share custom content without asking for money. No WASD movement, no AI, no nothing other than its shitty character models and animations.

Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:58 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

Christmas is coming ... who knows, maybe Santa will bring us a new version :lol:

Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:44 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

xebat wrote:
Eskarn wrote:
Verybad wrote:

Verybad wrote:

God Eskarn i hope you are right and we will finally see a new version of XStory Player.

Over all these years NOTHING, i repeat NOTHING has come close to the quality of experience/complexity that XStory player has. Not even the three "best" adult games out there imho of the recent years can deliver what XStory Player has.

The Last Hope: Has many good elements but all position of the characters are fixed during the undynamic animations. No true interactive elements. Could use better models and better graphics. But overall one of the more pleasent adult games.

Sexaroid Girl: Extremely well made when accepting the scope of the game. I wish the developer did more with his game and expanded it, giving it more "story" elements and giving the player to move about.

Virt-A-Mate: Extremely clunk unfinished animation player basically with no fluids, extremely terrible UI and extremely greedy community who do not share custom content without asking for money. No WASD movement, no AI, no nothing other than its shitty character models and animations.

I never heard of any of these.

:oops:

Thanks for mention. Last Hope is fun. Besides the complete lack of physics power XStory has it feels similar in its gameplay.

And considering that most steamy action in XStory involves controlling three keyboards and two mice simultaneously while positioning the view at the furthest point away from the actual action to move to the next position while praying that the player not humps the chains instead of the girl in it ...again (... maybe a tiny bit exaggerated :P ) having the scenes play out without interaction but full view on the action is not that bad of a trade off.

Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:33 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

JustAPerv wrote:
And considering that most steamy action in XStory involves controlling three keyboards and two mice simultaneously while positioning the view at the furthest point away from the actual action to move to the next position while praying that the player not humps the chains instead of the girl in it ...again (... maybe a tiny bit exaggerated :P ) having the scenes play out without interaction but full view on the action is not that bad of a trade off.

No. It's bad. Many, a fuckton of games have animations and only let you control a camera. The most prominent advantage (and for me - the selling point) of XStoryPlayer is it's interactivity and physics-based gameplay. Remove it - and it's just another animation viewer, we have literally hundreds of those.

Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:03 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

greyhound wrote:
JustAPerv wrote:

No. It's bad. Many, a fuckton of games have animations and only let you control a camera. The most prominent advantage (and for me - the selling point) of XStoryPlayer is it's interactivity and physics-based gameplay. Remove it - and it's just another animation viewer, we have literally hundreds of those.

Nono, nothing about removing anything. Its far to fascinating to see where it goes and already can be seen between XS2 an XS3.5. Would not hang here if I would not like it. But there are (an this is not exaggerated) several scenes; mostly in XS2; in which the action can not be seen because of the way the controls, camera and partial bodyless player work. Like said. 2 to 3.5 was a jump. Whatever the next thing will be called; I'm dead curious to see what they apply there. Hoping to be still alive when it comes that is.

Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:14 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

One of the things i asked XPA for (and i think we might get, have to wait and see) is the ability to lock and animate the player.
If anyone remembers my Night Out story and where Saiko drugs the player and rides them on the bed... do you know how much tape holds that scene together.
The players mass is x100 and there's collision cubes all around the player to try to keep them in place.

Having the game only be first person and players control everything is ok.
having the game be only animation is ok as well.
Having both in a hybrid system... thats the kinda shit that allows for some really dynamic and immersive story's.

Lets make some random story and say its in VR.
The goal of the story is to immerse the player in the world and evoke certain emotions and feelings.

The player wakes up in bed and can explore the apartment, after done exploring they wander into the kitchen to see Saiko cooking dinner.
(Player choices matter)The player can "Play" with Saiko as she makes dinner or help out.

After dinner is made then its taken to the table and the player is Locked to the chair. (arms and head free)
Eat food, Drink wine and perhaps even drop a fork off the table to have the player animate under the table but still locked.

After foods done then Saiko washes up and again player can help or fondle but is now free .

Saiko then wants to have a bath and you can join her or not... players choice.

Lock the player to sitting in the bath and have Saiko on top, have all the fun naughty scenes.
Then take Saiko to bed where its a mix of Free and Locked depending on the positions.

Then you lock the player cuddling with Saiko until the player falls asleep.

Next day Saiko sets some tasks, clean house and find job.
Congrats its now a RPG game where you have to manage stats and keep Saiko happy... or not (Players Choice)

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:11 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

Thought this may be a suitable place to post about this. Recently discovered and bought this neat game. My only complaint about it is that the devs seem incredibly silent. This seems like the place to be looking for v4.0 news, but I'm not seeing any.

Is there anywhere else I can go to for news on active development?

Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:38 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

bgts wrote:
Thought this may be a suitable place to post about this. Recently discovered and bought this neat game. My only complaint about it is that the devs seem incredibly silent. This seems like the place to be looking for v4.0 news, but I'm not seeing any.

Is there anywhere else I can go to for news on active development?

:lol:

No, this is it. The game has not been updated for years. There may be a short "yes we are alive and still working on it" message from devs, or second-hand rumors with similar message, once or twice per year. I think the most reasonable (and/or charitable) assumption is that they are working on it on their very limited free time, with no new release in sight for the foreseeable future. Checking here (this very thread) once every three months or so is more than sufficient. People sometimes post here also info about new adult games though (on the appropriate boards), so that might justify checking in more often. On the other hand there are probably better sites for just that.

Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:19 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

Was hoping I'd pop on here and see xmoon had a christmas surprise for us again like they did a few years ago.

Oh well, Merry Christmas all!

Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 84  Next