View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 HTC Vive support added to XStoryPlayer 3.5 
Rank 6
Rank 6

hmmm... I dont know. The attached screenshot is my file list of the root directory. (I just installed XSP fresh, applied the patch, and ran the game once to make sure it runs.)
you see the renamed folder as I mentioned. I just click on the XStoryPlayer.exe at the bottom and it launches just fine for me.

I do use Oculus Rift, so there is a possible difference. However, Rift users still have to use the Vive patch to play because the rift patch doesnt work. Basically, if you installed XSP 3.5 and the vive patch through the manager, we should be running the same game and version. If your folder looks just like the image here, and it still doesnt run, Then I apologize because I dont see a reason it would work for me but not for you.

Attachment:
temp.PNG
temp.PNG [ 10.61 KiB | Viewed 11853 times ]

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:12 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

Here's my folder. I removed some ddx files you don't have and it loads into the menus now, but when I try to load into a dungeon it crashes and Steam VR stops responding. I have a 4gb patch applied to the 32-bit exe. Think that might be the issue?

Attachments:
XSP 3.5 Folder.jpg
XSP 3.5 Folder.jpg [ 90.84 KiB | Viewed 11842 times ]
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:31 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

It is possible. At this point, anything that adds, removes or changes any file in the installation could be mucking things up.

Do you remember the version of the patch and where you got it? I have never run something like that with the game (at least not to my knowledge)
So I could try to get it and see if it breaks my game, or you could remove yours (or install another copy of the game in a new place) to test. Not sure what would be easier to try.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:28 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

I got the patch here:

https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371

It's a good thing to have if you plan on running modded dungeons. Some of them require more RAM than the 32-bit exe allows. I think I will make a backup of my install and uninstall/reinstall to see if it will work.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

Yea thanks for that. It might help out alot if it doesnt turn out to be the reason. I get some hitching in my modded dungeon.
but I did just apply it and ran a dungeon and a the start of the story and I had no issues.

maybe there was just an issue with the install the first time and the reinstall will fix things...
here's to hoping

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:48 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

Ok, so I reinstalled and it worked. Then I put my patched exe back and it worked. Have to troubleshoot now to figure out what's causing the crash in my original install. Don't want to lose all my mods. lol

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:54 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

Fixed it. Turns out the problem was that I'm an idiot. I hadn't repatched the 32-bit exe after installing the VR update and it was running out of RAM because I have so many mods installed.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:17 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

aaahhh, ok.

no worries though. I have done some things that made me feel pretty dumb myself, as I am sure it happens to almost everyone. nevertheless, I am glad you got it to work. Have fun ;)

Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:59 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

I have another issue. When I run the game with the 32-bit exe it's very stuttery (low frame rate maybe?). This is with SteamVR's motion smoothing on. With the 64-bit exe it's smooth. At the moment I feel like puking. lol

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:45 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

hmmm, that one is a little harder to diagnose. first thing I would do though is turn off/on vsync, and lower the graphics quality to see if any of that makes a difference. Just see if you can make it better or worse, and remember what you did to make it change.

it will at least give a hint into what it going wrong with it. If you are lucky just messing with the settings can fix it.

Vsync should help with that in theory, but I have had it cause the problem, so dont expect something to help just because it has in the past.
(sorry if I am telling you things you already know, I dont know where your knowledge level is with these types of things)

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next