View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 (3.5 STORY) Eskarn's Doc Room NEW 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Ah, I was under the impression the drain was planned to be constant (Coming off some somewhat modest experience working with AliceSoft/Illusion titles, that's how most of these work), but yes - having an entirely separate function that isn't used outside of it's "parent" function is just pointless, coding-wise.

I'm currently going over the different linear story-states, and adding an arousal-check to give the player some leniency, depending if you got Saiko bothered enough, fast enough. (Though the testing is a bit... punk, since I operated under the assumption she doesn't actually have a work-related reason to come in, so I bumped her arousal to 81k from initialization, for now.)

I'm also toying around with the idea of maybe having Saiko have a loc.rnd(I think that was the randomizer) state at initialization, and having her flirt/try to seduce the player from the get-go, if you're lucky enough to be blessed by RandomNumberJesus, like for instance using the toilet spread-leg sitting pose from TD's toilet scene if she's spawned horny, when the player asks her to sit on the bed at first.

Definitely would be nice if we got some more viable naughty-dialogue in[I-button options], as well, but I have no idea yet how that's coded. For instance - if arousal is xx value, you could I-key her for the pulse to check her neck, instead of her wrists. In the future, it might be a good idea to move the controls around, and leave penis_mode on P, and have 3 different options for the talking - one purely professional (neutral), one very polite (lets call it "shy" or "restrained") and the naughty one.

I'll be trying to compress the coding for the check-locations on her body into a single function with multiple variables based on/set by the story-state, once I make it fakely non-linear enough to have fun playing. Oh also - I cut down most of your conversation-line timers apart from the warnings to 1 or 2 cycles (not sure if the in-game timing system is based on 1 second or 1 CPU cycle, as C++ is.) since a lot of time I fuck up by starting to manipulate her too fast, at which point she warns me, but glitches out and stands in front of the bed. Sometimes it locks me there, story-wise and I can't progress at all; other-times it soft-locks (eg, the code is still alright, but her standing up makes things a lot harder) until you pass the story-state for her dropping her panties.

On a note about bugs - you forgot to disable her sight when she's closing her eyes, which makes the entire bit pointless, since she freaks when you unzip your pants, anyway. Wasn't a hard fix, so I feel it's better to just tell you and have you do it your own way, instead of giving you my swiss-cheese of a SAIKO_run0_state file.

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:03 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

my original idea was Saiko was there on a dare to see how far she could get but i changed ideas to many times and its a bit of a mess

Timers are (Seconds)
do_set_timer(par);
Code:
<do_set_timer>

[par != null] loc.dur = par;
else
{
  loc.dur = 25;
  loc.dur += Rnd(25);
}

loc.dur *= 1000;

state.dyn.me.do.ts = GetTs();
state.dyn.me.do.ts += loc.dur;

</do_set_timer>

The button press system works like this

in the players player_base_ref.dat there's a function that waits for the player to press CM:USEOBJ , CM:USEOBJ2, CM:USEOBJ3 and these are the only 3 button press you can get a return for

we feedback the player (thought bubble) whatever will be said and set the values
Code:
MONICA.Response1 =
{
   feedback.s = "[CM:USEOBJ] = Saiko take a seat in my office, I'll be there in a moment \n [CM:USEOBJ2] = Sorry Saiko you will have to make an appointment";
   feedback.delay = 1000;
   feedback.dur = 10000;

state.dyn.me.do.talktotarget = SAIKO;//who to send the response to
   state.dyn.me.do.talktoaction = WalkToOffice;//what stat to send
   state.dyn.me.do.talkplayersay = "Saiko take a seat in my office, I'll be there in a moment"; // what to make the player say

state.dyn.me.do.talktotarget1 = SAIKO;//who to send the response to
   state.dyn.me.do.talktoaction1 = Decline;//what stat to send
   state.dyn.me.do.talkplayersay1 = "Sorry Saiko you will have to make an appointment"; // what to make the player say
}

then we wait for the player to press one of the buttons

Code:
keypress.use =
{
   state.dyn.me.do.keypress = event.par;
}

inside the players ActionReaction.dat we wait for the keypress and the talk action to be true (so it cant be spammed)

Code:
[state.dyn.me.do.keypress == 0 & state.dyn.me.do.talktoaction != NOTHING]//Player say feedback
{
   state.dyn.me.do.keypress = null;

loc.be.obj    = state.dyn.me.do.talktotarget;//who to talk to
   loc.be.id     = state.this;
   loc.be.action = "{state.dyn.me.do.talktoaction}";//what action to send
   SendBaseEvent(loc.be);

loc.be.obj    = PLAYERVOICE;
   loc.be.action = "SAY";
   loc.be.par    = "{state.dyn.me.do.talkplayersay}";//make player talk
   SendBaseEvent(loc.be);
   feedback.s = " ";//remove feedback from screen
   feedback.dur = 1;//1 frame
   state.dyn.me.do.talktoaction1 = NOTHING;//reset and wait
   state.dyn.me.do.talktoaction = NOTHING;//reset and wait
}

[state.dyn.me.do.keypress == 1 & state.dyn.me.do.talktoaction1 != NOTHING]//Player say feedback2
{

state.dyn.me.do.keypress = null;

loc.be.obj    = state.dyn.me.do.talktotarget1;//who to talk to
   loc.be.action = "{state.dyn.me.do.talktoaction1}";//what action to send
   SendBaseEvent(loc.be);

loc.be.obj    = PLAYERVOICE;
   loc.be.action = "Say";
   loc.be.par    = "{state.dyn.me.do.talkplayersay1}";//make player talk
   SendBaseEvent(loc.be);
   feedback.s = " ";//remove feedback from screen
   feedback.dur = 1;//1 frame
   state.dyn.me.do.talktoaction1 = NOTHING;//reset and wait
   state.dyn.me.do.talktoaction = NOTHING;//reset and wait
}

then the appropriate npcs get the events and do whatever is set

i have disabled P because its annoying in how it works, for my stories atleast
Penis have 4 stats
0 in pants
1 slightly erect
2 more erect
3 very erect

when you press P it adds 1 until 3 then it removes until 0
My system uses CM:USEOBJ3 to get the players arousal state then set the penis to the erect state or if pressed again puts it away

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:39 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

Great stuff Eskarn! Thanks for making it compatible with 3.5

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:04 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

cant open RAR file, it says the file is corrupted

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:43 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

Eskarn, or anyone, can reupload this file? is corrupted cant open it.

Thanks

Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:50 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

i just downloaded the main file and update and they open fine with WinRar

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:39 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

does anyone have the walkthought ? ( sorry for my english)

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:16 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

u right, all looks good now.

good work, thx

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:17 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Great work Eskarn, only just trying this for the first time and I commend you.

Getting a strange problem with the scale of furniture and objects, like they are too large.
If you see this screenshot Monica's desk seems out of scale to where her hands are and when Saiko sits on chairs she looks like a child!

Is there a way to use different outfits for the girls? As someone else suggested it would be great if we could re-colour Monica's dress to a pink colour maybe to make her more 'nursey' perhaps give her the nurse cap! I might give it a go at recolouring the texture myself.

Why does Saiko have no shoes?!

@RadicalIon are you still working on your own version/mods for this? Would be great if you and Eskarn could collaborate to make this fine mod even better.

Like I have said elsewhere on the forum, this game is still special and it's awesome that you guys are here to show it love.

Attachments:
ss.png
ss.png [ 1.13 MiB | Viewed 17802 times ]
Sat May 04, 2019 8:05 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Yes some of the objects are a little out of scale and Monica needed a bigger chair
but all the lighting is baked into the textures so to replace one thing i need to rebake everything thats effected by it

You can change their outfits by changing the clothing in their Init.dat or replacing the exsisting obj's and the cloth data in the state folder
Code:
  cloth_item[0]
  {
    name      = "dress";
    file_name = "scenes/character6/dressShape.obj";
    type      = 0;
  }

cloth_item[1]
  {
    name      = "bra";
    file_name = "scenes/character6/braShape.obj";
    type      = 1;
  }

cloth_item[2]
  {
    name      = "panty";
    file_name = "scenes/character6/pantyShape.obj";
    type      = 2;

further down under STAND is the cloth infomation
  }

retexturing is find the texture that Monica's dress uses and replace it it should be scenes/textures/cloth or somewhere near there

Saiko does not have shoes because to get her shoes off i need to reset her which means the clothing changes aswell

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Sat May 04, 2019 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next