View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 How tf do you install mods? 
Rank 2
Rank 2

I love half these mods but cant understand how to install them? I read the topic "To Install a Mod" but Im just even more confused on how to install them than I was before :/ I want to install the rape mods but wtf do i do

Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:34 pm
Rank 9
Rank 9

There are several different ways to install mods.

There are PACK files, which you simply copy into the "pack" folder where you installed XStory Player 3.5, there are uncompressed mods which require you to first use File Maker to unpack a "pack" file, then copy the contents of the mod into that unpacked folder, and then there are plugins, which you copy into the "plugin" folder.

I would suggest making a copy of your XSP folder, then use the copy to experiment installing mods on until you have a comfortable understanding of how to reliably install mods. That way, you won't have to keep reinstalling XSP. :)

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:25 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

The most complicated way to install a mod is one where you only get changed files, rather than a complete package.

The way this is done, generally, is to run a program to extract the base game's files to a directory, then copy all the mod's changed files to that directory, overwriting whatever's already there.

Specifically, you need to use a utility that comes with the game called FileMaker, which is found in the "filemaker" subdirectory of the game's installation directory.

For that utility to do anything at all, you need to edit the configuration file, as described in the thread you referred to. That gives you a directory named "pack_dungeon", which you should rename to suit the mod you're installing. Then copy that mod's files over.

So you need basic computer literacy in terms of knowing how to locate and edit text files, how to run programs that don't put an icon on your desktop, how to extract archives, and how to copy files from one location to another.

If you still don't know what to do, you need to explain exactly where you're becoming confused.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:11 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

I seem to be doing this half right
in file maker it whistles but doesn't show up in the game for rape dungeon, it don't add a scene or mod in menu. any help would be appreciated.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:41 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Should still work this way:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4340

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]