View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 HTC Vive support added to XStoryPlayer 3.5 
Rank 3
Rank 3

In the story mode, I can't reach the high valves with my hands and there aren't any controls to jump with the Vive. Can you give an option to reach things further away. The controls for the right hand can be different when not holding an object in your hand, you could add jump to the left and right clicking, or a reach mode.

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:39 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

@middlemonster:

Not sure if this helps for your particular problem, but above it was explained how you can change the key bindings for the controllers. You can add jumping in VR by binding the jump to a button. Just edit settings.ini and change the line:

command[JUMP] = [SPACE];

to

command[JUMP] = [VRCONTROL1_GRIP];

(make sure that [VRCONTROL1_GRIP], or whatever you will use as jump, is not used for anything else anymore)

Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:15 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

@middlemonster

I stopped playing for the same reason, I was looking for a latter or some other tool to reach those top / high valves :(

@Misha

Jumping to turn the top valves does not sound very realistic to me. I mean, I doubt it would be possible IRL...I recall they are put quite high up? If indeed possible, it might undermine the VR immersion, since such gameplay mechanic would seem a bit clumsy to me (having to jump to be able to turn valves) :dunno:

How about an option to extend the hand laser pointer to turn those high top valves?

(For now, I will give the current version of the game one more shot, trying Misha's command option.)

Cheers

EDIT: a few corrections for clarity of meaning.

Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:53 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@yefy
@middlemonster

Thank you for finding this issue. We will look into what is the best way of fixing this.

In the mean time use non-vr mode (press F8 once) to open the top valves and then play on using vr-mode (press F8 once more).

@ Misha
Thank you for the jump binding suggestion.

Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:38 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

I just tried this out yesterday, and most things seem to work except the hip motion seems to be inverted. Otherwise great work!

Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:28 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@cowboybebop666

Could you explain what you mean by inverted?

You have to enable hip-mode in either the vr-settings menu or in the game (by pressing the right-controller grip once). Did you do this?

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:07 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

I wasn't using the right grip button. It works now.

It's funny tho, if you do hip motions without hitting the right grip button it still kind of works, just in reverse.

Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:28 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

xpadmin wrote:
@yefy
@middlemonster

Thank you for finding this issue. We will look into what is the best way of fixing this.

In the mean time use non-vr mode (press F8 once) to open the top valves and then play on using vr-mode (press F8 once more).

I actually ended up using another method to turn those top valves: Before starting XSP, I put my wireless mouse in my right pocket, enabled the cursor option and turned off the Vive controllers. Then (with headset on), I grabbed my wireless mouse, and used it on a surface to turn the valves. Then turned on controllers again. Of course very awkward, but I did manage to move on in the game! :P

I hope that XSP will become a fully seamless VR experience, where keyboard can be avoided (especially for roomscale).

FYI: I first tried Misha's suggestion to turn the valves by jumping, but that did not work (also, to jump in VR while standing still IRL, is not particularly comfortable and might kickstart motion sickness). Instead, jumping caused a "glitch" where it was no longer possible to move the character in-game. I somehow got stuck in the reactor while jumping to turn the valve, and could not move away from the reactor, closed the game and started again.

Also (mentioned by another user), using the onscreen keyboard to chat can hinder the VR experience, making it too awkward. I would suggest to add pre-written sentences for the player to select instead of typing (slowly) with the Vive controller.

Besides this, XSP is a very promising VR experience which I would like to play fully through (with future VR fixes).

Cheers

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:24 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Not sure if this is intentional, but I can't look up and down with the mouse in VR mode, just left and right
It's a bit hacky, but I'm using the Vive patch to make xstoryplayer display a mirror of what would normally be going to the headset which is then going to my phone through TrinusVR, but motion controls don't work so I have to look around with the mouse which can't look up and down for whatever reason
Is there any way to make normal KB/M controls work in VR mode?

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:24 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@herbivore

In VR-mode the head movement of the head-display is used for rotation.

The extra horizontal rotation using the mouse is used for adding rotation to this head-tracking.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next