View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 XPAdmin, It's been a while since your last post. 
Rank 9
Rank 9

Hello XPAdmin,

There has been a lapse in developmental updates for XStoryPlayer since 2023, and as we are now in the final quarter of 2024, the community is eagerly awaiting news regarding the progress of the game. The absence of updates is beginning to cause a sense of disconnect within the community, which raises concerns about the possibility of another studio replicating and commercially exploiting the game.

If financial constraints are impeding the ongoing development of XStoryPlayer, I recommend considering the establishment of a Patron page and exploring the option of releasing the game on Steam Early Access.

1. Establishing a "Patron" Presence: By creating a Patron page, you can engage patrons to provide the necessary funding for you and your team to dedicate full-time efforts to enhancing XStoryPlayer. This initiative aims to advance the project's objectives and goals with the support of the community.

Example: https://www.patreon.com/summertimesaga

2. Release on "Steam" via Early Access: XStoryPlayer occupies a unique position in the gaming landscape with limited competition and a distinctive gaming experience. By launching the game on Steam through "Early Access," you can leverage this advantage to secure funds vital for expanding your team and successfully completing the game.

Example: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/earlyaccess

Addendum:

"Tentacle Dreams" Early Access Recommendation: Consider focusing on "Tentacle Dreams" as a prime candidate for Early Access release, as it encapsulates the core elements of XStoryPlayer in a more streamlined and efficient manner compared to previous modules. Simplifying this particular module will provide a strong foundation for an Early Access launch on Steam.

Redesign Proposal for the Apartment: To enhance the gameplay experience, propose redesigning the apartment into a three-level structure centered around a core stairwell and lift system. The layout consists of three apartments on the lobby entrance floor (for women), a business establishment on the top floor (player's workplace and women's workplace), and a basement housing amenities such as laundry facilities, your home, and laboratory. Implement blocking of the stairwell with the lift as the primary mode of access between the three levels.

Furthermore, I recommend removing the teleporter element from the game. Instead, introduce a storyline where the player receives a creature for study which is mistakenly delivered to the wrong address. By the time the player retrieves the creature, it has started to thaw from its cold storage and is already in motion. The player must secure it in a container before heading to work, setting the stage for an engaging narrative arc.

Edit:

A simplified roadmap that includes features that relate to "Tentacle dreams" and milestones once those have been met you can begin to add secondary modules.

No less than 10 dollars untill major milestones have been met. Anything more is bad PR.

Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you for the constructive ideas and for staying with us throughout this long journey! A new version will be released this year.

Here is an in-game screenshot:

Attachments:
screenshot1.jpg
screenshot1.jpg [ 414.21 KiB | Viewed 28764 times ]
Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:08 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Take my money!

Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:13 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

Whaaaaat, so this game is actually NOT dead, and weget a release this year ? That s close to being a miracle lmao

Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:58 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

I ain't gon lie. Ever since I bought the 3.5 I was checking the forum every single month for the last 7-8 years. The last update from the developer got me excited

Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:21 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

xpadmin wrote:
Thank you for the constructive ideas and for staying with us throughout this long journey! A new version will be released this year.

Here is an in-game screenshot:

ReBoot?

Please don`t release the Game on Steam.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]