View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 17
Rank 17

kamesakke wrote:
The standard rule of thumb: If an official doesn't post anything in a month, assume project dead.

Omy good they will never release Halflife 3 they havent sad anything in years there, now am so sad :(

Thu May 03, 2018 2:07 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

skidrow wrote:
kamesakke wrote:
The standard rule of thumb: If an official doesn't post anything in a month, assume project dead.

Omy good they will never release Halflife 3 they havent sad anything in years there, now am so sad :(

HL3 has been confirmed dead for about a year now. The last team member left Valve and released the script (with names changed).

As for this, there has not been a content update, let alone any sort of update, for well over a year. Morale is very low.

Thu May 03, 2018 5:10 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

I remember a project (an online store) with a deadline a year ago. Impossible to do, a lots of bugs. Too many work to do. Without budget... Impatient customers, but we comunicated to them each small progress. . Now the store is online (with happy customers)

Xplayer is dead, dead, dead

Thu May 03, 2018 8:20 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

davidio wrote:
I remember a project (an online store) with a deadline a year ago. Impossible to do, a lots of bugs. Too many work to do. Without budget... Impatient customers, but we comunicated to them each small progress. . Now the store is online (with happy customers)

Xplayer is dead, dead, dead

Yeah too bad i would love to see a update ,but guess others have to take over.
Damn he doesnt realize he could have made a lot of money with a new version ,i would have bought it.

Sun May 13, 2018 7:45 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

huffie wrote:
Damn he doesnt realize he could have made a lot of money with a new version ,i would have bought it.

It's not only the money... apparently they fail to see the uniqueness of their own game - there's simply no other with that amount of physical freedom and interactivity. Even after 3 or more years after initial release. Otherwise they would have at lease licensed the engine and code to others more capable studios which could turn this into a whole series of erotic games. In my opinion there's no need to switch to a new engine or anything like that. There's still so much possible with the current one - all it needs is some polishing and proper design tools.

Fri May 18, 2018 9:30 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

The game is not dead, they have not abandoned it and they are working on version 4
I don't think peoples understand how much work goes into designing and then making your own game engine

I do understand that they already have an engine but they are completely updating it, renovating it as it were
which means alot of kitchen walls are gonna be broken before it looks pretty

lets take a simple dress and a simple character

you need to make the render system to display the polys then you need to handle the materials
diffuse, roughness, metallic and normal's (PBR)
does it have weight and is effected by gravity
Collisions might be a thing, how does it collide with itself and how does it collide with the character
how do we make it collide, how often does it collide, do we use the CPU or do we use the GPU or do we do both
how many colliders do we use, to many lags and not enough looks wrong
if the player has to interact with it how do we do that and capture the inputs
how do we handle it if its not in the players view or not rendered
if it has buttons then we need to make them hold certain vertexes in place until the button is interacted with

That alone is months worth of work and most of it you will have nothing to show for it since its all behind the scenes code
now try integrating that with all the other systems that are required
getting them to all play nice and feel nice
then on top of all that they have to expose all the variables, scenes and files into an external format so we can mod it

This will take time and alot of it
i mean i have been working on my own game using UE4 its been months and all i have to show is part of a building system and some very basic ai
and i already have all the tools, they have to make all their tools

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Sat May 19, 2018 3:18 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

Eskarn wrote:
This will take time and alot of it

My doubt isn't in the workmanship or the creation/polishing of the end product, it's the lack of communication between staff and customers. I know, every little update would be pure Swahili to everyone, but we should at least have an admin come on periodically just to say, "Hey guys, not dead. Here's a list of what we accomplished so far, and what we're tackling next." Or something of the sort.

Sat May 19, 2018 3:44 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

I would also like them to do semi regular updates but that's not up to me and if they want to just work in silence then that's what they will do
xpadmin still checks the forums just about every day (Hi xpadmin ;) ) and so do i
I'm sure when they get to a point where there's something good to show and they are confident in the end product they will
otherwise assume no news is good news?

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Sat May 19, 2018 5:02 am
Rank 5
Rank 5

Eskarn wrote:
I would also like them to do semi regular updates but that's not up to me and if they want to just work in silence then that's what they will do
xpadmin still checks the forums just about every day (Hi xpadmin ;) ) and so do i
I'm sure when they get to a point where there's something good to show and they are confident in the end product they will
otherwise assume no news is good news?

Even multibillion game dev companies keep quiet for months before taking the lid off to inform their community so it's not a bad thing.

In most cases it just means they're too busy working and have no actual information to disclose to the community.

It was the same when i worked on a game as a musician (contract work). They wanted to inform people but they didn't have any real information to share. It's better to wait and be positively surprised. I'd be more bored reading "Today i added 15 new strings of code blah blah" :D

Saiko: "I hate you"

(ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)

Wed May 23, 2018 5:27 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

They should setup an account on Patreon so all the fans of the game can gives them moneys to help with the project. Being a fan of the game, and hoping new releases will be available soon, I would be willing to give $10 a month or more towards the development of the game.

Dev Team, check out patreon, the fans will give you the moneys you need to improve the game. :D

Sat May 26, 2018 2:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 84  Next