View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 13
Rank 13

DankTank wrote:
...Ask yourself this, if you were told over, and over "its coming" for years. But there was also nothing to show for it. Would you accept that as an answer after years of it? Now just imagine if you had a contractor building a house for you. But he refused to show u the blueprints for the house, refused to give you ANY eta at all, and told you it will be built when its built. And after YEARS there sits an empty lot, and the contractor tells u "hes working on it" it will be done. Would you believe him at that point?

Shortened the quote, but you make some excellent points. Apparently they had a load of shiny new balls, a fire extinguisher and what looked like an entire university/school building at the beginning of this thread, back in September of 2016. I'm sure someone mentioned the engine was being reworked - but seriously - nothing more than that, after almost 4 years? I don't think so.

I've been following a few decent projects on Discord, where the developers are either making entirely new engines, or completely changing existing ones, and most of those guys post daily, even if it's something like "no news for today, stay tuned" or "textured this corridor and made an entire new character".

If nothing else, it's just a bit rude to leave people completely in the dark with no word. Sure, XPAdmin might not want to shelve or cancel the project altogether and might just have "life stuff" getting in the way right now, who knows? But just tell us, we can take it and if we hear from XPAdmin at all, I'm sure we'll still patiently support them.

Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:27 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

he posted on page 62 .which was not long ago and yet still complaining not happy i dont get it. you said all you wanted was to hear from him. you heard from him and still complaining. it will never stop.you heard from him this year . i hope he dont answer for 3 years cause it dont make sense . :mrgreen:

Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:10 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

prlumley1 wrote:
he posted on page 62 .which was not long ago and yet still complaining not happy i dont get it. you said all you wanted was to hear from him. you heard from him and still complaining. it will never stop.you heard from him this year . i hope he dont answer for 3 years cause it dont make sense . :mrgreen:

That was posted July 2019 almost a year ago... Unless your being sarcastic, hard to tell with ur grammar.

Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:10 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

prlumley1 wrote:

I was making the point that a lot of other developers make near-daily updates. If you read what I said again, you'll see that I mentioned when this thread was started, not the last time XPAdmin posted something. Regardless of the fact that XPAdmin posted in July 2019, that's still 11 long months ago.

Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:24 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

I see, so it has been abandoned after all :|

Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:11 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

DankTank wrote:
I've been lurking on this forum for years. Checking ever so often if anything was said or announced. There are users that will defend the devs no matter what. Making a game from scratch takes time, I get that. But making excuses for them is no good either. some say "they just don't want to show unfinished work" okay fine, I get that. But a roadmap is not some unreasonable thing to expect.

Some say "they just want to focus on the project" It takes all of 5 mins to say something, anything at all. Radio silence for months to a year at a time is not professional in the slightest. You will have to forgive people for thinking they abandoned it.

Some use the argument that the site is still up, and that it cost money to run. That is true, but they also cant sell 3.5 if the site is down. That said this forum is not exactly huge it cost very little to host text, and the odd picture. Assuming its not just hosted on a server in one of the devs closets. I'm sure the downloader is factored into that though as well. But again they cant sell 3.5 without it.

People use the argument that "this game is better than anything else out there so its worth the wait". But Honestly while this game is good nothing about it amazes me. Nothing about it is groundbreaking, and it certainly isn't so good that I'm gonna just not question anything at all. And its not the wait that concerns people. its if its coming out at all. Months of silence and then a "don't worry its coming so shut up" then another few months of silence and then again its the same thing over and over. "it's coming just trust us" They never show anything of substance, tell us to just trust them, give us a reworded excuse about how these things take time, and that we are simply to busy to show us any kind of progress at all. then basically tell us to shut up.

If I understand correctly, they don't have anything to show us because "it's just code that don't mean anything to the layman" I see that as a piss pore excuse at the best. I find it hard to believe they have NOTHING to show after years. and even if they don't. it would not be that hard to make a roadmap stating what parts and feature of the engine they are working on what needs to be done what is done etc. No we get a "just trust us" once a year. (3 times if we lucky)

At the end of the day it's just not cool. If you have no intention of finishing, just say so I don't think anyone would be that upset.(except maybe the crowd funders from a while back.) I wont be heartbroken if it never happens. Adult games have really taken off lately, and honestly it matters little if they finish at this point. But if they do actually intend on finishing something substantial, and not just a "trust us on this" would be nice. Saying you can't give an eta or a roadmap at all is in my opinion bull.

Ask yourself this, if you were told over, and over "its coming" for years. But there was also nothing to show for it. Would you accept that as an answer after years of it? Now just imagine if you had a contractor building a house for you. But he refused to show u the blueprints for the house, refused to give you ANY eta at all, and told you it will be built when its built. And after YEARS there sits an empty lot, and the contractor tells u "hes working on it" it will be done. Would you believe him at that point?

You are doing shit. If you're lurking "since years" like you said, you must have seen my shitpost. :lol:

lurka wrote:

in my opinion...

the admin is a jackass. trolling people with rare infos about something happening which isn't the case is an absolute dickmove. any other little developer out there has at least a patreon or twitter where they can share infos no matter how small they are.
if you really think he is developing something than i have to say you're pretty naive and/or stupid. sorry if i'm hurting your feelings.
i'm kinda excepting an incoming shitstorm from all the xpadmin-fanboys after this post but i don't care.

telling that the engine is not ready to show us is not an excuse of letting people wait for years. at least show people images of your programs doing something no matter if they understand what's going on or not.

what he's really doing atm is just smiling on idiots who really think something is coming and believe the shit he's talking about.

after almost one and a half years and total silence he wrotes six lines of text... good job!

you know what? fuck you. i'm pissed about that ignorance.

This game is more then dead. Why are you guys not getting this? :lol:

Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:55 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

I'm just trying to get a reaction out of XPadmin and I felt like calling them on their shit, just like you. Just because you've said something does not mean others can not. I don't understand why u care regardless if we are of the same mindset. That said just because I've been lurking all this time don't mean I go back and read every last thing everyone post. I only check on this like every year or so when I remember this game exist.

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:56 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

DankTank wrote:
I'm just trying to get a reaction out of XPadmin and I felt like calling them on their shit, just like you. Just because you've said something does not mean others can not. I don't understand why u care regardless if we are of the same mindset. That said just because I've been lurking all this time don't mean I go back and read every last thing everyone post. I only check on this like every year or so when I remember this game exist.

it's all good. i'm not mad at you :)

i was pissed when i wrote this post. today i'm laughing at it.

no, you won't get any sign of life from xpadmin because of my earlier mentioned reasons.

FYI: i do 3d art for a while. the images he posted on the first site you can see? guess what... 10 minutes of work with zero effort.

but anyways, the game is dead. no matter what you guys are dreaming of, period.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:31 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

lurka wrote:
DankTank wrote:

it's all good. i'm not mad at you :)

i was pissed when i wrote this post. today i'm laughing at it.

no, you won't get any sign of life from xpadmin because of my earlier mentioned reasons.

FYI: i do 3d art for a while. the images he posted on the first site you can see? guess what... 10 minutes of work with zero effort.

but anyways, the game is dead. no matter what you guys are dreaming of, period.

You are almost certainly right on that my dude, I just want the bullshitting to end on the devs part. I'm sure in another 6 months they will rebut us with another extremely generic retort about how "these thing take time" and "we are just simply to busy to post status updates once every week." (month even my god). Nope, radio silence for months to a year at a time, and then a bunch of bullshitting us with nothing concrete when its all said and done. I have no hopes its gonna be released, at this point it's more getting the devs to admit what 90% of us think. We wait years for any news on the game what so ever and for what? some shiny balls that almost certainly took 10 mins to make, and a school that was prolly just something they bought from an asset store? Please.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:57 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

I lost all hope on this "Project" after all these years of waiting and Radio silence.

I found some extremly good replacements for this sort of "game" type.

One of them is Virt-a-mate by MeshedVR . Its VR and non VR. Incredible customization features and bunch of Custom Content on Reddit and other Places.

If you guys dont allready know about it, go check it out. Its Worth it.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 84  Next