View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Thanks for the report.

Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:21 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

xpadmin wrote:
Hello everyone,

It has been quite some time since my last post and some of you may have been wondering if I was still alive.
I have been hesitant posting something because I know there is still a lot of work ahead before the next version can be released.

We have been working very hard on the engine and the code is starting to shape up the way that I wanted. A lot has been learned from the previous version(s) and those lessons are being incorporated into the new engine. Dynamic loading of the environment, elaborate modding options and easier updating are some of these lessons.

I like to thank everyone supporting us and promise to do everything needed to release an new version for you.

Best regards Xpadmin

Glad to know you are alive an nothing bad happened :!:

Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:35 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Welcome back to the forums xpadmin :)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:16 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

See? now xpadmin has given a small report. Happy? :3 . The next one might be next week, next month, next year, or even 3 years or more. But again, everyone must always remember that developing a game of this magnitude (maybe not in size but creating a new engine and such) with a very limited number of people is always hard and very time consuming. There are always errors. ALWAYS!!!!. and bugs too while creating new engines. Then comes the models, then comes the story/stories and implementing them, then comes the compilation of everything and HERE WE GO WITH BUGS and ERRORS AGAIN!. Then all those need to be corrected and then you have cooked a good game. (probably after 3-8 years). This is not a visual novel, nor a standard 3d game. this is more ;)

Nevertheless, it is great to know that nothing bad has happened to any of you guys. :D

Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:03 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

xpadmin wrote:
Hello everyone,

It has been quite some time since my last post and some of you may have been wondering if I was still alive.
I have been hesitant posting something because I know there is still a lot of work ahead before the next version can be released.

We have been working very hard on the engine and the code is starting to shape up the way that I wanted. A lot has been learned from the previous version(s) and those lessons are being incorporated into the new engine. Dynamic loading of the environment, elaborate modding options and easier updating are some of these lessons.

I like to thank everyone supporting us and promise to do everything needed to release an new version for you.

Best regards Xpadmin

Thank!! I am happy to hear from you.

Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:02 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

Yessss! Super happy to hear things are still moving forward! Thanks for letting us know xpadmin!

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:43 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

Holy makreel i never thought this day would come. Thank you Xpadmin thats all we needed. I have hope again

Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:25 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

While the post is reassuring I also can't get past the fact that it has been THREE YEARS since the first post in this thread.

The idea that OP doesn't have anything to currently show is a bit disappointing. Even when there is media to share we likely have a good amount of time before a release. Another three years?

Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:41 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Im sure they have plenty to show but they are going to keep it to themselves until its finished or at least complete and stable.

Some people, like me don't mind posting stuff about the work we are doing and even the bugs and stuff.
https://i.gyazo.com/c580483896f42f6defe84705d4440bad.png
(had a looping function (0.2s) that i forgot to clear and the widget i removed was not being removed until the next garbage collection so it spammed false and allowed the player to spam new widgets
took about 2 hours to find why)

While others would like to have their work looking nice and presentable before they show it off.
I'm guessing that XMoon would like to have their work complete before they show it off.
Like the new lighting system they implemented it was shown off after it was finished(it looks so pretty i wanna play with it).

XMoon is not a AAA game company and as such they don't have deadlines which means they can take their time and implement all the things they want and make sure its bug fre.. less bugs.
This also means it takes longer but the quality will be better then a crunch mode rushed game.

Im just happy XPA decided to come and say hello.

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:10 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

Things can change drastically during development and posting about features that could be cut could disappoint fans if those features have to be removed. Sharing info during development can many times hurt more than it helps. I'd like for xpadmin to check in once in a while and let us know it's still in development, but not sharing info about the development of the game until they have their feature set finalized is a good idea.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 84  Next