View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Version 9.9 
Rank 4
Rank 4

Whelp I give up on this 'game' then. Since it's not going anywhere for so long. At this rate the developers will be 80 and the thing won't be even a quarter of the way done!

Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:12 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

6DarkRaven9 wrote:
Whelp I give up on this 'game' then. Since it's not going anywhere for so long. At this rate the developers will be 80 and the thing won't be even a quarter of the way done!

I fail to see why you're giving up on this game. Of course, you can do so if you wish, but I'm curious as to your reason. From my experience, generally, games take years to complete. Even the more simple looking games. I've little experience in coding and all that, but it doesn't take much to know what goes into it. Especially if you follow the development of several games over the years as I have.

To my understanding, version 9.9 is sort of the "end goal". The dev's perfect vision of this game/sim. I came across this back with xstoryplayer 2. We get a functioning program that does exactly what it says it does. What the devs are doing is taking what they released and then expanding upon it. Even bringing out a new engine for more features and to make modding easier. While it's kind of like an update, it's really an entirely new game. A new game where they take the stories from previous versions and include them in the newer models. This is just an idea they're able to keep expanding on as they grow and earn more funds. Think of it like Pokemon. It's all the same, they just keep getting better technology and adding more content.

It will be sad to see a member of the forum go, but I do hope you check back eventually to see what updates have been made. :) And apologies if my post seems jumbled in any way. Freaking mosquitoes are rampant in my room and haven't left me alone for a moment.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:10 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

The reason I brought up our ideas of version 9.9, was because Patreon allows us to find out what the interest would be in such a concept.

I started building XStoryPlayer because I always wanted a game like that to exist (A game that allows for complex gameplay because of AI and with an adult theme).
But it is hard to judge how many people do want such a game to be made (or better said: Made by us).

Like I mentioned previously, we are building a new engine parallel to the development of XStoryPlayer.
This new engine is still in an infant stage, but we don't want to take any shortcuts in it.
With that I mean that the focus will be completely on large environments and AI that allows for non-linear stories.

Also things like templating of characters allowing for a large variety in customization (also height :)) need to be added to it.
And we want to invest in things like e.g. motion capture suits to allow for more realistic animations, character voice actors, large scenes etc.

All in all a large undertaking. And some may find this unrealistic given the speed of progress we have made so far.
When I look at our software (especially version 3.1 were there are multiple girls acting together) I do however feel we have created something very nice and interesting.
It is true that we wanted to be further, but on the other hand I still get aroused by the scenes, and given that I probably saw them a thousand times that is saying something.

It would be great if we could one day release version 9.9. But we need more help and thus investments in doing so.
A Patreon page supported by the community could offer this.
I personally would prefer it a lot if we would earn enough money through sales to hire more people (without the need for Patreon support) but alas this is not the case.

In the mean time after version 3.1 we will go on with version 4.0.
Thank you guys a lot, it is great that there is a community around XSP now. Also I want to thank the modders, they have done a great job.

I want to finish with a screenshot of version 3.1 (Thanks laissemoirire for nice cloths):

Attachment:
screenshot11.jpg
screenshot11.jpg [ 315.84 KiB | Viewed 15800 times ]

Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:03 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

Thanks for the screenshot!

The game has really come a long way. I have been very interested in the progress of this game ever since I tried the demo for 2.1 out of curiosity. V3.0 was a huge leap forward! and V3.1 will be another step in the right direction. As for v9.9, the possibilities are almost endless.

For now, I am looking so forward to 3.1, Looking awesome from the screenshots!

Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:07 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

Although V9.9 is, realistically speaking a long way from now. And It's unclear what progress will be made over time to the point that we arrive at V9.9.

From what I have seen so far, what worries me a lot is the lack of attention to sex, in this game.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're not working on the sexual parts of the game. It's clear you have, seeing the progress from 2.1 to 3.0.
What I'm afraid of, is that it might not be enough in the end. when you arrive at 9.9.

While I like all the ideas of modding (I believe a good modding community that has good tools to mod is great for a game). If your game lacks or is too light on basic content, no matter how much you mod, you're left with a shell of a game in the end. and I think no one wants that to happen to this game.

Imo, the general sex acts in the game need to see some serious improvements. These are things like (but not limited too):

- much more sex positions
- better animated sex positions (for example, hands hover over things instead of grasping them with fingers clenched)
- free form camera to look around the sex position in any angle the viewer wants
- having a complete male model (user)
- a method to automatically let the models have sex (not having to move your male model forward and backwards to thrust in and out)

If you can make these 5 points happen, you will already have massively improved in this aspect of the game. It's only logical that the sex acts make or break a sex game ....

Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:54 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

A major problem is you have to walk back then walk forward to 'have sex'. So the controls need to be adjusted big time as of now they're too boring and repetitive to make it 'worthy' of even bothering with. Playing for the story parts is OK but the 'sex' isn't. So player 'auto thrust' would be neat upon penetration there's no pelvis movement it's just walking back then walking forward.

Also when we buy is it just for that version and we have to pay more to get the newer versions or what?

Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:41 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

6DarkRaven9 wrote:
A major problem is you have to walk back then walk forward to 'have sex'. So the controls need to be adjusted big time as of now they're too boring and repetitive to make it 'worthy' of even bothering with. Playing for the story parts is OK but the 'sex' isn't. So player 'auto thrust' would be neat upon penetration there's no pelvis movement it's just walking back then walking forward.

indeed, a clickable area on screen would be better.
click, hold, then fuck speed matches mouse up / down movement

Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:21 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

6DarkRaven9 wrote:

Also when we buy is it just for that version and we have to pay more to get the newer versions or what?

You have to pay for each version, but there's a cheaper upgrade price.

Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:30 pm
Rank 18
Rank 18

edited my first post of ideas

-speaking option for girls with sound and mouth movement

Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:25 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

More vagina statues?

HOW TO START MODDING

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next