View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Version 9.9 
Rank 16
Rank 16

KotLPL wrote:
My biggest desire would be to have the option to mod without needing Maya.
It is for some of us who don't have Maya, and are not willing to pirate it, locked out from modding.

I believe it's been stated that other options will be made available, probably Blender. If Blender just had a fully compatible plugin, it would be a non-issue.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:31 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

algures wrote:
Quote:
We already started building a new engine for it

How about using an already available engine? Unity, UE4, etc..

They are free to use ... (you only need to pay royalties after a certain revenue threshold).

Yes we have. There are some beautiful game engines. Especially Unity has come a long way.
They have almost everything we would need except the physics part.

Most games do not need detailed interaction with the characters body.
So things like real time cloth simulation with removable cloth are not possible in these engines.
Same goes for fluid collision and soft body physics. These things are mostly done using tricks in these engines (like boob movement that is driven by the animation).

So this is the reason why we are still going for a new engine. There are risks, but we have learned a lot in building the previous versions, so it is doable.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@bartux
@KotLPL

The customizing part will be outside the game. You first create character(s) and then use them in the game.
So it will be more like setting up a scene, choosing the characters, their moods and then playing with them in a scene.

So there will be two levels of modding.
1) Creating new objects, animations, etc. This modding will need more experience from the modder.
2) Making new stories. This part should become a lot easier and more intuitive.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:35 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@Thanny

There are indeed a lot of areas to improve on.
I agree them most important thing is to keep focus on what sets game apart from other games.

Especially the girls reactions is somethings needs to get a lot better.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:46 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

@xpadmin ok great news. eager to see what you're doing

Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:31 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

xpadmin wrote:
The customizing part will be outside the game. You first create character(s) and then use them in the game.
So it will be more like setting up a scene, choosing the characters, their moods and then playing with them in a scene.

That sounds great, creating original characters is the most important part for me. The more options the better. Maybe have some basic sliders for people that don’t want too many options and then an extra menu for more detailed adjustments.

Is each finished character going to be fully independent. In the past I’ve downloaded characters for other games only to find that they look totally different on my setup because I don’t have the same mods installed.

Ideally I would love to see one girl, one folder. With everything relating to that girl including meshes, textures, custom cloths, shoes, animation and anything that is unique to that particular girl in the one folder for easy upload and download.

I think you are doing a great job. :D

Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:38 am
Rank 18
Rank 18

nice :D first of all dont stop developing what i mean is next normaly version is 3.1 after that the version 4.0 then i hope 4.1 so dont stop logically at 5.0/ 9.9 go futher 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, 7.1 keep that developing progress/that way of progress

-over all a possibility go through town without loading times with many k.i /people

-the possibility of working in a place would be cool

-would be cool in the character maker the age adjustment is from 18 till 60 years

in due time i became more ideas so keep that way of developing

a patreon page would be cool but one of many sources/possibilities taking money to developing further
i think a multi earn system would be really good

sources

distribution/selling game
donate option/people donate
youtube/tech demos/promo videos
patreon page/backing of people

to not brake the developing of members byers etc. keep the price low 9.90 dollars how you have at version 2.1 had pretty balance not to expansive not to cheap

Last edited by tomahawk308 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:37 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

So many players can be in the same Town wouid be cool.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:15 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

So, i just wanna ask xpadmin a little bit more about the interaction with the girl and the animation of their behavior.

1) For now, the movements are slow, like girls are under water or something. Do you think it is possible to make movements more quick and realistic in the next versions?

2) I think it would give much more immersion, if the girls would have some animations for idle behavior. Like, going in the room, sitting on the couch or looking something on the shelves, you know, something instead of just standing and looking at player. There could be problems with animation interruption, for example if the girl is going to the table and player takes her hand and pull her to the side. What do you think about it?

3) I think it would be cool to make new mode of interaction, where player's hands are available. Now we can hit "ctrl" and go to interaction with objects. Would be nice to hit it once more and be able to use hands. For example, we move the cursor and the hand moves with the cursor. So we can touch the boobies or butt, and with hitting the left mouse button to squeeze it :) It is like in 3d sex villa, but with realistic looking hands (for now we have only body and legs), and not with just a wrist model, like in 3d sex villa.

4) And i would like to see (or be able to make my own) stories like dating sim. You know this kind of games, where you must choose some answers and make a girl interested, and then the reaction of a girl will depend on how much "points" of interest we have. So we can have just a blowjob at the end of the story, or a full sex scene.
That is why i like the Wet Dreams story with Jenna, because we must rouse her interest, then ask her for a photosession, then make a blackmail with nude photos, you know. This is exactly the kind of story i would like to see, in the Ver. 9.9 perhaps with multiple answers and different storylines, depending of our conversations/actions and items we have in inventory (like dildo in Wet Dream).

I would like to know if you devs are aiming to something like this or if it is (not) possible to do such a thing with the game engine.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:05 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

Surprised to even hear 9.9 mentioned at this stage. The carrot of 9.9 was the reason I pledged on Offbeatr as much as I did, so it's a pleasant surprise, to be sure.

The original post already covers the two things that sprang immediately to mind: character creation and the story tool. I foolishly had thought that my AI scripting experience (AIML and AIScript) and pretty much early-intermediate Python (and lesser Lua) knowledge would give me an "okay" starting point to learning how to build a simple dialogue-focused story for XSP. I was not prepared. :lol:

Then again, to be honest, I probably haven't yet given it the time it deserves.

I don't think I have anything to add to those three goals, but I do have a question: Do you think that height adjustment is feasible for the character creator? Most similar games say no for animation reasons, but since XSP leans so much more heavily on manual control and physics, I thought I'd ask.

Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next