View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Location of the 3D models? 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Hi there, I started (unexperienced) following the tutorials how to pack/unpack the stories for modding and tried to make one or two texture changes with Photoshop in the DDS format, with success.

Now I'd like to know if it's possible to find the 3D models of the girls and f.e. put them in Blender to not only change their textures but also their body sizes.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the 3D model file(s) and edit them? If yes, can you explain how to access them?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:09 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

The girls are not editable since their meshes are encrypted
I'm guessing this is to stop people from stealing the models

You can add characters to the game but you can't edit the ones already there
Version 4 should have much better tools to edit characters

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:28 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Thank you for the clear reply.

You state that adding models to the game is possible. Let's say I have a basic 3D mesh/model; how do I add it to the game? (do I need to include specific points/data in the model so the game understands the joints of the knees, elbows, etc, and other stuff like that?) I'm not experienced at all in modeling 3D objects.

I have a feeling that this might not be a quick job to do. Can you explain?

Thanks again!

Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:05 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Indigo wrote:
Thank you for the clear reply.

You state that adding models to the game is possible. Let's say I have a basic 3D mesh/model; how do I add it to the game? (do I need to include specific points/data in the model so the game understands the joints of the knees, elbows, etc, and other stuff like that?) I'm not experienced at all in modeling 3D objects.

I have a feeling that this might not be a quick job to do. Can you explain?

Thanks again!

No, it's not quick. In fact, rigging the model is one of the most pain in the ass things there is. There are tutorial posted on here and on the wiki for this, but it will still be quite a challenge. Also, you'll need Maya 2015. So unless you can get a student copy, there's a bit of a barrier to entry.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:05 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Thanks again for the reply.

I tried to make a model once with makehuman, then exporting it to blender to try learning how to model 3D. I was hoping to have a nice project in making a model for this game.

Altough xmoonproductions allowes and encourages their buyers to modify parts of the game, I find it disappointing that one of the most crucial things (imo) to mod is so hard to do. Why is there even only 1 tall girl with huge boobs and 1 shorter thinner? As you explained; they are encrypted, so I don't understand why these are the only option. (time-consuming is an argument I understand for the developers, I just find it sparingly.)

I don't think I have the time and patience to discover 3D modeling, especially for this game, since I once tried to follow Blender tutorials, but got impatient, because the results were not according the tutorial. I expect the same when starting with this.

Now you might know a little background why I started this topic. If there are any other usefull/adding replies; feel free to post here :).

Cheers!

Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:28 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

The way it seems to me, they are a very small team (maybe even just a couple guys) who are putting almost all their efforts into designing the engine.

Part of that design for the upcoming version 4.0 is supposed to include customizable girls. That's not in there now, which is why they have two canned models purchased elsewhere (with some modifications - the Monica model, in particular, is more attractive in this game than the original as purchased).

I think once they get the engine closer to where they want, they'll probably ramp up asset creation. Hopefully via user funding on something like Patreon. That wouldn't be a good fit now, because the Patreon culture for projects like this is very demanding up monthly status updates and visible progress. Which itself takes take away from development, and isn't very easy to achieve when you're creating a game engine that does things no other engine does.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:56 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Yea version 4 should be alot more modder friendly anyway if you want to try to add a character now then here is the tutorials
http://xmoonproductions.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3829
Use the bottom one

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:14 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

I think that without a doubt people would appreciate a more user-friendly model modding function in V4.

@Eskarn; Great documentation. I'll certainly read it soon.

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]