View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Problem in tutorial 
Rank 16
Rank 16

you should try to unpack abducted story provided with 3.5, you'll have all compatible files.

Then use this for your tutorial.
the sources provided in the tutorial (maya files), can be rebuild by filemaker without error, but it seems that some already built files or scripts provided with the tutorial pack are not compatible with 3.5.
you could still use a file comparison software to compare tutorial script files and game script files to learn what changed since first tutorial

Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:45 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Thanks !

I've replaced the file and it worked but I couldn't do step by step by myself anymore.
But I'm more interested in cloth creation so it's ok :p I'll check story system later.

So I've tried my luck at changing Saiko casual dress but I've only been able to change the bind-mesh vertex position.
When I tried to delete a vertex point, it tells me it's too complex to remove. And I don't know how to remove edge vertex point either, nor how to make a hole.

Also I'm not sure how the render-mesh should look like compared to bind-mesh nor how to only select vertex from this mesh and not the character vertex inside when trying to select several vertex at the same time.

Anyway, here is the result of my test :

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4202

It's not very clean since I didn't delete all useless vertex but the design matches what I wanted at least :p

I don't know how to allow penetration and the panties down order when this top is on like the crop top for monica. I'm guessing it's related to the render-mesh size which I did not touch yet and covers the lower parts ?

Completed Lust Complex
If you enjoyed the games, consider supporting me on Patreon or Subscribestar :wink:

Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:24 am
Profile WWW
Rank 16
Rank 16

some answers :
- to delete a vertex which will result in face deletion too. delete the face, or delete edge using "ctrl + delete", this remove vertex points from the edge, deleting an edge without CTRL keeps vertices.
If I remember well in most case I have to delete face to make maya stop complaining. vertex alon along a "splitted edge" should be deleted without problem.

- the render mesh must have : same vertex count, same vertex order as the bind mesh. (simple way) vertices positions can be changed on the bind mesh (as shown in alien saiko dress tutorial.)
in last step of build, you can use " edit mesh -> add division" one time, to increase render mesh polycount. But only ONE time, and then, no more add / remove vertices or they will not match the bind mesh.
to achieve this, I always work on my "low poly" render mesh. each time I want to test, I duplicate it (CTRL +D), rename to bindmesh, move it from the character, shrink it a little, save and test.
when the work is done. I backup my render mesh so I won't lose the low poly model and can work on it later if necessary : CTRL +D, rename to mymesh_low ...
Then, I use "edit mesh -> add division" to the render mesh. et voilà.
If I need to work on it again, delete the render mesh, duplicate the low poly backup, work on it... and repeat procedure.

- last part. Vertex selection.. I don't really understand.. you can move the move the bind mesh anywhere on screen (but keep the render mesh on the body), it is not important where it is. when launching game in test scene, the game will try to move vertices from your render mesh to match the bind mesh topology only (not mesh position in space).
to select vertices without interacting with other object : right clic -> object mode, select your mesh, right clic -> vertex. if you have only one object selected, only vertices from this object are selected.
To see if you have selected back vertices from your mesh (turn around or) use x-ray option. third icon from the right above viewport.
OR, you can have back face not displayed : select your object, display -> polygons -> backface culling

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:43 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Got it !

Ok I tried the add division on the bind-meshe and remove the face + vertex and did the same on the render-mesh to remove the same number of faces. That's where I understood that the render-meshe seemed to already have the add division. So by removing 10 lines of each, I had no problem using filemaker. If I didn't use add division on the bind-shape, I need to remove 5 lines on the bind-meshe and still 10 lines on the render meshe so the filemaker still works. Is there any substract division system to give the render-mesh the same number of vertex as the bind-mesh ? (Not really needed, just to get the general process)

The only problem now is that the cloth buttons rows seems to change in the body.ini because of that, but I don't know where to get the updated values in Maya. I checked everywhere but didn't see any coordinates for vertex. What are the 4 numbers indicated in the row object in the body.ini and where to find the new values ?

Also, when I added the division on the bind-meshe and tried random buttons values, it exploded inside the test scene. Like all faces where planted in the skin in random angle each of them.
Then I restarted without the division and this time, the cloth sticks properly to the body but the buttons are misplaced because of the random values.

Would you know why the add division exploded the cloth though ?

Completed Lust Complex
If you enjoyed the games, consider supporting me on Patreon or Subscribestar :wink:

Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Rank 16
Rank 16

add division must be used on render mesh only, not bind mesh. (don't forget to backup your mesh)

for buttons and ini files, the numbers are vertex index. you can see them in the channel box (tab, right of the screen (see screenshot attached))

I don't remember how the original files are but if there is no low poly render mesh,
the simple way could have been to remove 1 line every 2 two lines OR duplicate the bind mesh and use it as new render mesh.

Attachments:
vertex index.jpg
vertex index.jpg [ 41.79 KiB | Viewed 9766 times ]
Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:20 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Finally got it ! (Needed to click the CVs button to show the values)

I finally managed to remove all unneeded vertices and position buttons correctly.

Thanks a lot for your patience !

Completed Lust Complex

Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2