View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Please support vstroker 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Hi,

I just bought XStoryPLayer 3.5 and am really amazed how immersive it is together with my Oculus DK2.
Great job!

I'm also owning a razer hydra, a microsoft kinect and a vstroker.
Since the last one is the least expensive and also the most erotic I really would appreciate
being it supported by the player.

regards,
M

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:47 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

The VStroker is a very simple device which essentially provides nothing but stroking speed information.

In order for the game to support that, it has to first implement thrusting outside of character movement. Some kind of repetitive motion that can be sped up or slowed down in response to the VStroker signal.

It'd be nice if they did that for the next version, because move-to-have-sex is definitely getting old, but I'm not aware of what the road map is.

Short of that, the best they could do with the existing animation system is allow controlling the speed of the girls' auto-fucks.

And then there's figuring out the VStroker device. There's no publicly available software interface, and VStroker might want money to integrate with it. All the VStroker enabled software I've seen runs a small executable that talks to the USB HID device and spits out a constant stream of binary values which I haven't managed to make sense of yet. So reverse engineering would be a pain, too.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:56 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

For VStroker support the VStroker should drive the character. E.g. during blowjob the girls head should move based on movement of VStroker.
It should be possible to add this to the blowjob and fuck animations.

We have not gotten around in doing so. I will contact VStroker for an API, so we may add this in the future.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:18 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

Cool,

that is good to hear.
I've used vStroker a few times with "Juliet Sex Session".
And the effect of being there controling the scene was amazing.

And don't know whether I'm allowed to post a link to it.
But it shouldn't be problem to find it via Google and it is free.

Best wishes
M.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:58 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Seconded. That would be excellent!

Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:19 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

Vstroker acts like a mouse. That is it. It is dead simple to "interface" to.

https://forums.fleshlight.com/showthrea ... 9-vstroker

Thrixx games has support for it. I searched high and low and found it just emulated a mouse Y-axis. Nothing really special. Try it on a normal app. It should just move the mouse up and down. I was experimenting with a Thrixx game and translated Xbox 360 controls to map to mouse control via a special app I wrote in Python. All I had to do was modify the mouse to control different devices in game, if it was the selected device.

You may be able to use a key press program and isolate the Y-axis from the Vstroker to control the W and S keys to do what you want. There should be a way to control activation of key press emulator programs to do this. That way you can turn it on and off or change config on the fly.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:21 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

It's really not like a mouse Y-axis at all.

The unit consists of a Texas Instruments CC2510F32 SOC that processes output from a single Analog Devices ADXL345 accelerometer, as I discovered when I disassembled it.

There's no way to track position by moving a single accelerometer like that. The acceleration required to get a useful signal is far too great to allow any kind of precision, which means any attempt to track position based on movement would invariably cause drift. That is, if the device did send the required information, and you tried to map it to movement keys, the player character would be randomly going more forward than backward or vice versa, making you either ram into the girl or back away from her.

I don't think the VStroker even tries to do that. It seems to be reporting just the rate of change in motion. Their own software shows only speed information, and it doesn't matter how far you move back and forth.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:04 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Quote:
. Their own software shows only speed information

as long as speed is not near any super fast speed (time slow down when speed increase), v = dx/dt is still valid.
and so dx = v *dt
we have a "precise" movement of the object through time.

=> suppose that vstroker is used to move mouse,
your new mouse position in 1 code lines
Code:
mouse.setPos(mouse.getPos() + vstroker.getSpeed()  * time.deltatime );

Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:44 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

Stroking speed, not movement speed. Frequency, not velocity.

You can't get a translation vector from an inverse time scalar.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:22 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

You are not understanding what I am saying. It spits out mouse axis data. I don't know if that translates readily to a position or if it is an acceleration. I think the mouse may spit out acceleration. However, it acts like a mouse device according to the manufacturer. That is why there are no drivers.

"Yes, your computer will automatically detect and interface with the Vstroker the same way it would if you plugged in a mouse."

That does not specify it is a mouse per say. However, a while back I was researching how to interface to the device. The only thing I could find is it does emulate a mouse axis. So tell me, does it move the mouse cursor outside of an application? Also, every "program" the vstroker is designed to use also states you can use a mouse instead of the vstroker.

So, I don't have one, does it move the mouse cursor? If it does, then you do not need to get an API to talk to the device. That was the point I was making.

Edit:
And if it does not simply emulate a mouse:
https://github.com/qdot/libvstroker/blo ... -hidapi.py
There is an existing API to use for the device. Again, I don't have one, I have an ET-312B (far superior in every way). So someone else will have to test this.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next