View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 REAL MOoddinng 
Rank 3
Rank 3

moddding is good. just u must try to progrm logic not only stupid spowns.why modding is goood? it because more plaers played stalker mode without playing the game.trhis modding is bad /like piisss in asss in game in any like creature/ by programming a brain or ingteractive u can help a progect.unlocking same futures for players - its nice but nothig new,
MODDERS HELP PROECT .NOT JUST DO SOMETHING- it can do every not stupid / american/ student -
trying programming a base interactive u caqnnnot do anything what a proogrammmers doo befor u./
try help and do something right, after what its shall be working./
sry bad engl

Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:13 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

did he said something?

Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:19 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

laissemoirire wrote:
did he said something?

Hold on, let me see if I can clean it up a bit.

Ros71 wrote:
Modding is good. Just you must try to program logic not only stupid spawns. Why modding is good? It because more players played stalker mode without playing the game. This modding is bad like piss in asses in game in any like creature/ by programming a brain or interactive you can help a project. Unlocking same futures for players - it's nice but nothing new,
MODDERS HELP PROJECT. NOT JUST DO SOMETHING- it can do every not stupid / american/ student -
trying programming a base interactive you cannot do anything what a programmers do before you./
try help and do something right, after what its shall be working./
sorry bad English.

Um... I don't know... :?

HOW TO START MODDING

Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:10 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Maybe they wish more modding options? As wiki built and maybe admin add to engine we get more modding. :)

Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:27 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

I might be taking this the wrong way but, to me anyway, it sounds like this is the meaning behind it:

Modding is good for a game. But you need to be better at it and not just spawn in objects. Players just play Fast Sex mode without playing the story. This type of modding is bad, very bad. If you program new AI or something more interactive you can help this project along. Unlocking the existing features for new players is nice but it's not adding anything new.
Programming basic interactions isn't anything new. You're not doing anything the programmers haven't already done.
Try to help this game and do something more.
Sorry for my bad english.

I believe this is what Ros71 means. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:19 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@Malachai
Thank you cleaning up the translation

@Ros71
This is mainly because we have not provided good information on how to convert/create new objects and create new stories.
The wiki will solve this information gap. Given that almost no information has been present it is pretty impressive what people have been able to do so far.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:28 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

xpadmin wrote:
@Malachai
Thank you cleaning up the translation

@Ros71
This is mainly because we have not provided good information on how to convert/create new objects and create new stories.
The wiki will solve this information gap. Given that almost no information has been present it is pretty impressive what people have been able to do so far.

If there is one rule in the world of online modding, it should be this:

1. NEVER underestimate the power of Modders.

This has proved true time and time again. Take, for example, Skyrim. When Skyrim came out in November of 2011, the creation kit was promised, but had not yet been released. Within a week, perhaps two, with NO tools for Skyrim itself (only outdated tools for Oblivion), modders were changing textures, models, etc, etc...

Then the Creation kit came out, and with it a flood mods, Good and Bad.

Today, Skyrim modding is STILL going on. Brilliant modders and inspired amateures have created some amazing things. We now have a full-on sex system within the game, doing things that were never designed to be done originally.

In short, again...

If it CAN be done...it WILL be done...sooner or later.

FInally though, despite the power of a few people that want to bring about their vision....we have to thank the developers for WANTING to make it possible, and who do their best to make it easier...

So Thanks, XpAdmin and the whole team... again... Thanks!

Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:41 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

MasterAaran wrote:

This has proved true time and time again. Take, for example, Skyrim. When Skyrim came out in November of 2011, the creation kit was promised, but had not yet been released. Within a week, perhaps two, with NO tools for Skyrim itself (only outdated tools for Oblivion), modders were changing textures, models, etc, etc...

Then the Creation kit came out, and with it a flood mods, Good and Bad.

Today, Skyrim modding is STILL going on. Brilliant modders and inspired amateures have created some amazing things. We now have a full-on sex system within the game, doing things that were never designed to be done originally.
True, but also do not forget that Skyrim is actually one of the worst moddable games of all times (considering it was made to be modded). The whole system its built on is absolutely horrible. It's like they made it with modding in mind, but so limited, so difficult, so rigid.
It does prove your point, of modders being "unstoppable", but imagine if Skyrim would be truly made with modding in mind, imagine if you could use inheritance - that alone would solve 90% of problems that come from using multiple mods (modders have to make compatiblity patches, etc.).
Imagine if everything the script extender does, would be part of the game, and more.
Skyrim is a good example of how relentless modders can be, but it is also a good example of a horrible system for a made-to-be-modded game.

MasterAaran wrote:

If it CAN be done...it WILL be done...sooner or later.
Maybe, but when saying "CAN be done" and "WILL be done", lets not forget also the question of HOW - how easily and reliably it can be done, and how usable the result may be.

....anyway, sorry if i sound a bit harsh, but i hate it when someone praises Skyrim for its modding potential, because in my opinion Bethesda failed miserably in that regard.
The real truth is, that modders capability of modding a game is usually very limited, and always depends on how the game was made.
Of course, in theory you can do anything with any game or SW, you can take Tetris and make it into an MMO/RPG Sex game - yes, you can, really, but it will take incredibly horendous effort that makes the whole endeavour pointless.

My point: let's not say "aaah, dont worry, modders will solve everything", and let's try to influence the devs while we can (if we can).

Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:23 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

Double post failure, sorry!

Last edited by theshortorc on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:57 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

Holy crap, nice work deciphering that guys. I think all modding is good, and the kinds of mods we want most are just not possible yet until more resources and/or tutorials come out.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]