View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 ropes/constraints? 
Rank 14
Rank 14

In 2.1 they close when dropped. Maybe density has to be low, so they dont fall that fast.^^

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:24 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

To make ropes from linked rigid bodies is pretty difficult and hard on the physics math.

In general using large (high mass) and small objects (low mass) in a physics engine is difficult.
We use a special integrator to solve this, but it will hurt the cpu if there are a large number of small objects colliding with a large object.

Ropes are more in line with cloth, however the body does not react when you pull the cloth, only the cloth itself.
And for ropes you want the girl to be able to hang on ropes, move when pulling the ropes etc.

So on one hand you want ropes to behave sort of like cloth and precisely collide with the body, and you also want it to behave like a rigid body connected to the girl.

Maybe it would be best to focus on what kind of applications the ropes should have:

- Binding hands.
- Binding upper body (breasts?)

What would be the preferred usage of ropes?

Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:46 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

As tricky as they sound, they would be awesome. The most practical use I can think of would be to tp tie or suspend a girl to or from something. For example, tieing her to a bed or table or a bed. Some may also want a way to tie the girls hands behind their backs. this could be done with the ropes as a clothing item technically, as in that situayopn it would really be more about the look.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:49 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

I think if it's only about the looks, it would probably best to make them like other clothing objects that can't be removed / are stuck to the body like the shoes and stockings are right now.
I can totally see ropes around hands, feet, breast ropes, collars, leashes etc be done like this (Would need transition to some bondage poses or a black screen like in 2.1 tho)

That said, I always enjoyed the fact that attaching clamps is not just clicking a button but actually a physics game.
I think we need to find a way that lets us bind girls with more rigid objects, like chains. If we have other objects also allowing to be"clamped"/"pinned" (like rings on bed posts for example) you could bind her to all sort of stuff (or attach all sorts of stuff to the girl)

I made a rope-like object yesterday using a softbody. The rope looked really convincingly "ropish" in it's behaviour until i tried putting it around an arm or leg. At that point physics went crazy.

If some xmas angel (hint,hint) would release the clamp and weights ma/ini files, that would surely get us (me) over the holidays ;)

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:11 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

xpadmin wrote:

That depends on who you ask. But for the bondage crowd, there is the aesthetics of the rope, as well as the restraint that are both very appealing

The pure aesthetic path:
Due to the nature of the game, it might not even be a viable option to go for hyper realistic rope, as I can't imagine tying a custom knot without another hand. This would mean going the static route of black load screens, and different rope configurations acting essentially as outfits. Having them follow the rules of clothing, however, would not allow users to restrain a model, or apply enough pressure to the body to change shape (ie lifting breasts).

The pure restraint path:
This method in its simplest form would be a model of some ropes that act exactly like cuffs that can rigidly bind two hands or feet together. This would get the job done, but where's the replay value and inventiveness?

Thoughts:
I think that one possible way of mixing the two easily, would be to go with the aesthetic option, but also allow or create a point-to-point binding system. Using this system, I could use some type of magic wand to invisibly bind both elbows together (like we saw in 2.1 with the leg bar), then pull the aesthetic rope around the elbows to achieve restricted motion, along with good looking ropes. You could also use this same system for other custom contraptions that would allow you to get the model into realistic poses that might not easily agree with the physics engine. As long as the restraint portion is solid and customizable, the modding community can take the rest in whatever direction they would like.

Again, because I don't yet know much about how the current system works, this may already be something that can be modded in. I'm just not sure if it's possible in the current system, and if not, I will open a thread in feature requests :D

Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:02 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

xpadmin wrote:

Mostly for its sensual and aesthetic appeal I'm thinking. What's really interesting with rope bondage is just how much the human body can be shaped and positioned with just a few strands of rope and some knots. Breast bondage, rope harnesses, crotchrope, and then you can put her in whatever position shows off her body even further.

What's also appealing is what all of that friction and tension can do to a girl (My girlfriend often cums multiple times with only a crotchrope for stimulation). So it would be pretty interesting to see what kind of reactions could be done using the AI and scripting tools.

Functional bondage is likely a little trickier, based on what I've been reading here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but basic ties (like tying the wrists, ankles, thighs, etc) would be doable, but suspension bondage I'm guessing might only be doable with more solid restraints. Would self-anchoring bondage positions like you'd see with hogtie, frogtie, or aball-tie) work okay? Just curious since I think I read that one of the challenges with rope was that constraints between the girl and another object would get kind of wonky, so what if she was the only object in question?

(I provided some examples for clarification, just fyi. NSFW)

Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:38 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

Quote:
Functional bondage is likely a little trickier, based on what I've been reading here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but basic ties (like tying the wrists, ankles, thighs, etc) would be doable, but suspension bondage I'm guessing might only be doable with more solid restraints. Would self-anchoring bondage positions like you'd see with hogtie, frogtie, or aball-tie) work okay? Just curious since I think I read that one of the challenges with rope was that constraints between the girl and another object would get kind of wonky, so what if she was the only object in question?

I think these things are possible, physics wise, but would need a blackscreen / some kind of animation to transition to it. I can't see a way to make applying rope a real user interaction like clamps.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:55 pm
Rank 18
Rank 18

firstly which types of ropes /constraints could be given?

1. ropes/constraints only to body(legs, arms, tits etc)

2. ropes/constraints with other objects(arms with rod, tool, machine)

3. maybe a connection body and body (2 person) (monika and saiko)

any ideas?

Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:03 pm
Rank 18
Rank 18

i would ropes constraints progress divide in 2 steps first step binding arms /feets and binding arms /feets to a subject, second step more complicated body rope for example hogtie, frogtie, ball tie.

so to do the first easier step and the second complicated step.

any other ideas / votes?

Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:53 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

Sounds good.

Just one thing to maybe consider: what about possibility of attaching ropes/chains to virtually anything/anywhere?
I do realize it might look strange depending on what you do, but it would provide a workaround allowing to do things that would be possible to do in reality, but that are not directly implemented in the game.
An example would be "Dark Dreams" scene... with Samantha in chains, it would be nice for example to attach a rope to the chain mast, and then tie it to that spreader bar (attached to her legs of course) and then constrain the rope to make the spreader bar attached to the front of that chain mast (i hope you understand what i mean).
...now that is just one example, but you might want to do something like that in number of other various poses and locations - then you need some FREE system for attaching ropes/chains to anything.
...you may oppose the idea, saying it would be "unrealistic" or "cartoonish", or whatever - but that only depends on what the player would do, let the player decide.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next