View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Easier Mod selection/development (feature request) 
Rank 7
Rank 7

I didn't dig into modding yet but planning so over Christmas. Anyway, I was reading a few posts and as far as I understand you need to change existing files, thus it seems cumbersome to keep track of multiple mods. This might be a feature request for the devs, but I would prefer some easier way for dealing with mods:
1. Have a separate folder for each mod
2.1. Have them appear as different fast sex options/stories
2.2. Introduce a launcher, where you can select which mods are active

One other feature would be to include the modding within the game itself: You start the game with e.g. a parameter mod=true where you can change the files on the fly. I don't know how this works internally, but I am a programmer myself (though more web and java), so I think it should be possible to just reload a specific file during runtime. Of course a restart of the scene would probably still be necessary. So you could quickly test changes and then just have a command to store these temporary changes back into the libraries or combined with my suggestion above, have tool where you could create new mods/folders with your changes.

Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:39 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

On the fly file reloading really speeds up mod dev. You might also buy a ssd, which makes scene loading almost insta.^^

Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]