View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Vote here! 

What hardware devices would you like to be supported in XStoryPlayer? (max 2 options)
I own a Oculus Rift and want it supported 17%  17%  [ 65 ]
I would buy a Oculus Rift and want it supported 32%  32%  [ 119 ]
I own the Kinect and want it supported 4%  4%  [ 16 ]
I would buy the Kinect and want it supported 4%  4%  [ 14 ]
I own a Leap Motion and want it supported 3%  3%  [ 12 ]
I would buy a Leap Motion and want it supported 5%  5%  [ 17 ]
I own a Razer Hydra and want it supported 4%  4%  [ 14 ]
I would buy a Razer Hydra and want it supported 2%  2%  [ 8 ]
I own a VStroker and want it supported 4%  4%  [ 16 ]
I would buy a VStroker and want it supported 9%  9%  [ 32 ]
I would like another hardware device supported... 6%  6%  [ 23 ]
I do not want hardware devices supported 10%  10%  [ 38 ]
Total votes : 374

Vote here! 
Rank 15
Rank 15

The OR, from what I've read thus far, is looking at a full consumer model release this year. As early as this winter but I'm thinking if might not come 'till this summer or fall. Either way, it should be released this year. I'll certainly be getting one. :)

How hard is it to build support for the OR, exactly? I'm a bit ignorant on that.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:02 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@Malachai

Support for DK2 has been added to (pre-release of) version 3.

So if Oculus (/facebook) does not completely change the way the customer version works it is supported by us.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:56 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

HoloLens. Nothing more is needed.
http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us

Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:59 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@xsun

Having the girls actually in your bed room, would be a great asset. (Would also skip the need for creating scenes :) ).

Looking forward to the Hololens.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:22 pm
Rank 9
Rank 9

They do look interesting....

<<<END OF LINE>>>

Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:14 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

an augmented reality like this :
Impressive, but science-fiction for the next 10 years (at least) xD

* put some tnt on the wall, explode, minecraft is now on the virtual destroyed/opened wall *

* move your arms and fingers randomly, the glasses guess exactly what you want to do, colors/ textures /object selecting /resizing *

Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:30 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

xpadmin wrote:
@xsun

Having the girls actually in your bed room, would be a great asset. (Would also skip the need for creating scenes :) ).

Wouldn't help me in any way - I want to have the girls in a dark basement, where I could chain them to the wall 8-)

Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:27 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

Really debating to buy an oculus rift when the hd consumer version comes out.

Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:53 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

mescalino wrote:
Really debating to buy an oculus rift when the hd consumer version comes out.

Based on hype, I would suggest going for the Oculus when the consumer version comes out. So far, I've heard/read a large percentage of people praising it. And those were just the two developer's kits. With a new technology that people are really interested in, it brings in a whole new perspective into not only gaming, but quite a few other fields as well. I know it'll take off because it's something that'll make money.

xsun wrote:
HoloLens. Nothing more is needed.
http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us

xpadmin wrote:
@xsun

...this...would be fun. Though I can see potential problems. For example, some work would have to be done for the characters to recognize where a bed is. Then again, perhaps there would be a way to feed all this information into a program to run it. Select objects in your vision that would render itself as a 3D object overlaying the actual object. Then name what you selected from a list in the program and the character will recognize it. Or, fuck it, place a "bed" from an inventory from the game itself. If you wanna lay on your own bed with them next to you having some fun, then you can just overlay their bed with yours. "xStoryPlayer VR". I'd buy it. In a heartbeat.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

The HoloLens display being light reflecting off a lens, the characters would appear translucent, like ghosts. Darker skin especially. Black clothes, black hair, pupils—anything darker than what it's being projected against—would be totally transparent. Also, just holding up your hand, it would always appear to be behind the character, easily breaking the illusion that they're anything but an image on the lens.

People have often thought of AR as a sort of intermediate step to VR, but it's more the other way around. AR's a much harder problem than VR!

Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next