View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 [Outfit] Evening Dress 
Rank 16
Rank 16

rezzabae wrote:
Make a low poly mesh which fitts perfectly to the bodymesh the way you want the cloth to look like. Derive the bind mesh(by adding edgeloops to it, do it manually the result will be much better as you can take care of the topology) and derive the cloth mesh as usaual from the bind mesh. Then unishrink the bindmesh to abaout 0.6 - 0.7.
Play around with the parameters in the ini.

hummm... did that exactly and had weird results -_-
maybe you're just lucky, maybe I'm just not :lol:

Tomorrow I shouldn't have time, I'll try to post screen captures on thursday.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:43 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Hmmm, I get a game shutdown when tryig to use this one. version 2 of the dress to be specific tryig to use this one. Version 2 to be specific. Looks great from the creenshots btw :)

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:26 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

Anaquis wrote:
Hmmm, I get a game shutdown when tryig to use this one. version 2 of the dress to be specific tryig to use this one. Version 2 to be specific. Looks great from the creenshots btw :)

standard response :mrgreen: :
"Please send your trace.txt (found in the root folder of your xsp3 install"
or post the last line of this file, which should be the error message.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:06 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

Here is the last line of the trace file

ERROR: CXcTexture::TexLoadFile2D: Load failed, FPFILE::Open: File not exists in set 'scenes/textures/cloth/eveningdress001_color.jpg'

thanks for your quick response :)

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:25 am
Rank 18
Rank 18

@rezzabae nice :D

Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:22 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Anaquis wrote:

ERROR: CXcTexture::TexLoadFile2D: Load failed, FPFILE::Open: File not exists in set 'scenes/textures/cloth/eveningdress001_color.jpg'

same error,
I tried to put the texture files in many folders (recreating .\pack\pack_dungeon\scenes\textures\cloth, .\pack\scenes\.... , .\scenes\... , .\plugin\scenes....) without success.

sorry

Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:17 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

laissemoirire wrote:
Anaquis wrote:

same error,
I tried to put the texture files in many folders (recreating .\pack\pack_dungeon\scenes\textures\cloth, .\pack\scenes\.... , .\scenes\... , .\plugin\scenes....) without success.

sorry

That's okay :)

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:43 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Seems to me, that most of the problems here occur because the makers of the clothing pieces have different ideas where to put the textures :D

Some seem to expect the textures to be in the C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\X Moon Productions\XStoryPlayer 3\plugin\(Name of clothing piece)\textures directory...

Others seem to expect it to be in the C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\X Moon Productions\XStoryPlayer 3\pack\pack_dungeon\scenes\textures\cloth directory...

But to be able to put any textures in that second directory, one first has to use filemaker to unpack the pack_dungeon.bin and then either play from that unpacked version - after putting the textures in - or repack the .bin after putting the textures in...

So, maybe, just maybe, it might be a good idea to use ONE standard for this?

And maybe, just maybe, it would be nice to refrain from using the same names (and plugin.ini setups...) for clothes that use the same mesh, but a different texture.

Oh, and using that bra for monica under the sexy/evening dress just looks terrible... :twisted:

Is it possible to remove outdated attachments here in the forum? 'Cause it also might be a good idea to do that, too. So people won't have to DL stuff that isn't working properly, then notice it isn't working properly and then start posting here in the forum that it isn't working properly. ;)

Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:27 am
Rank 18
Rank 18

rezzabae?

Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:30 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

I have updated all my clothes, cleaned the filenames, added a button to the dress. They also should support the plugin system now...

Attachment:
REZ_Clothes.zip [5.42 MiB]
Downloaded 951 times

Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next