View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Story Suggestion 
Rank 5
Rank 5

Here is a suggestion for a story, maybe it'll inspire you:

The player is a transfer student moving in to live with a hot MILF and her daughter (over 18 of course).
It takes place in a small house consisting of multiple small maps connected by clickable doors, for better performance.
(I was thinking Kitchen, Living Room, Shower, Bedrooms.)

Now of course the player needs to figure out a way to score with them,
maybe - if its not too much of a technical problem - resulting in a threesome in the end. ;D

What do you think ?

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:47 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Interesting concept (sounds a bit like a lighter version of RapeLay).

After we finished the third story, we might open the engine, so users can implement their own stories.
It would however require a lot of effort on the users behalf.

Would that be something you (and others) are willing to do (Also the 3d model making)?

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:18 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Give the people proper modding tools and they will use them. I think.
It just depends on how hard it is to do custom content and of course how many players there are in the community.
Since we don't have sales numbers thats hard to tell.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:07 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

I think you should complete at least 3 more stories that have unique and interesting approaches and interactions.

One big story you should create is like i mentioned the rape scenario i describe in the other thread ,

the other idea i have that you are in a hospital room and the nurse comes in ,
and you have to tactically convince her to enagage in sexual intercourse,
like in the teacher story that you already made.

The last idea i have is that you have to learn with your fellow female student
and you have to tactically get her to engage sexual intercourse with her.

And you should try to add as many features as possible to completete the game in some sense before you use resources to create custom tools.
The thing is , the custom stories should meet a certain standard of quality . And i want to expericen more of your entertaining stories before waiting to get custom stories.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:36 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

I don't want to sound too negative, but I think you should look at existing examples of modding and scale your expectations to your user base, which I would expect to be relatively small at this point in time. For example, a modding kit was released for Bonecraft which did not really result in anything. On the other end of the spectrum you have numerous sex mods for games like Oblivion or Skyrim - but those games have a user base that is several orders of magnitude larger than yours, and (being sandbox type games) much more variety of gameplay that can be modified. In the middle ground you have a relatively successful modding community around 3DSexvilla (and to a lesser extent Sexsim).

The results will heavily depend on:
  1. How fast you can achieve results (most people will not be willing to spend a lot of time before seeing results, although they may be willing to spend a lot of time honing the results to perfection)
  2. How easy the tools are to use (affects the time until seeing results, and also limits the amount of people able to do modding)

Things you can expect people to do, in order of decreasing likelihood:
  1. Use in-game tools (customization UIs) to customize content and share the customizations
  2. Edit text files which have a simple format
  3. Edit textures using Gimp or Photoshop

I did not even include 3D modeling because I just don't see that happening. I also don't think there is a need. You are much better off making a tool for customizing the existing girl models, and possibly an import tool for some 3D format for which there is a lot of free content available (for things like furniture). Then you can both sell the tool and benefit from people sharing their customizations.

If you look at modding in 3DSexvilla and Sexsim, which are the games closest to XStoryPlayer that support modding, you will notice that their modding is heavily based on modifying textures, simple changes to text files, and saving and exporting changes done using a purpose-built customization UI. In both cases you have to pay extra for the customization capability, so you get revenue for the modding capability even from people who don't do mods. Also, in both cases, there is a wealth of add-on items that must be purchased separately, and taking advantage of mods that use the add-on items require that you purchase the add-on item first. So the modding capability also drives sales of add-on items. It's a beautiful business model, although 3DSexvilla's exorbitant pricing must be driving a lot of people away. On the other hand they have even incorporated the nowadays popular free-to-play business model - you can earn credits for purchasing add-on items by playing the game. So people without money will still use the game and hopefully contribute to modding community, whereas people with money are probably not willing to spend the time needed and will spend the (considerable amount of) money needed instead. It's a win-win.

So you need to figure out how your users can get the most benefit (i.e. have most fun making the customizations) with the least effort on both your part (in enabling the customization) and the user's part (in making the customization). The tradeoff that you do between your effort and user effort is obviously going to affect the size of the modding community.

Usually texturing is the thing that is enabled first, since it is so easy to do (I think someone already did something like that, there was a blue girl screenshot somewhere...). You can of course change textures just by replacing the texture game files, but it would be better if there is e.g. a text file somewhere that defines a game character's properties, including textures, and you can change a character by editing the text file. Or maybe even make a totally new character by making a new text file.

Being able to make stories would not necessary require the ability to do 3D modeling - you could simply require that the stories use the existing rooms and characters (or customizations thereof). Then each story would simply be a text file that specifies dialog and contains a little bit of scripting to modify the state of the character (mental state, location, position, etc.) when certain triggers (words in user input, user touching some object, user entering some location, etc.) occur. You could add tools to the game UI that allow you to get the coordinates for a particular location in the game world so that you can insert it into the script. Similarly, you could make a tool that extracts the current position (kneeling, standing, on all fours, etc.) of the girl in numerical format so that you can insert it into a script. You could probably make a simple posing tool by just making the girl weightless so that her limbs can be freely dragged.

Anyway, please be careful that you don't spend time on adding modding capabilities which take so much time and effort to use that no one in your user base can be bothered to do it. Begin with something that is easy to do (both for you and the user), and work your way up from there.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:43 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

I believe the blue girl was done with the fast sex mode from the last update

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:30 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

lifesuckz69 wrote:
I believe the blue girl was done with the fast sex mode from the last update

You are right, I did not notice the alien skin color alternatives before.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:00 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

I agree that the XStoryPlayer should be polished and fully developed
before support for user created content is added, but it won't hurt to keep it in mind
during the development phase.
This way it will be easier to implement once the Player reaches its final state.

I'm willing to mod and create content for it once the tools are available,
but I'm also patient and will wait until that happens.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:55 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

I think a story editor which would allow use of existing (as in already in the game) sets/rooms, props and models, would add immensely to the game. The game is only just started with a small selection of things (6 rooms, 4 models, lots of furniture, some toys) but I think we have enough resources that we could write some interesting stories already.

Heck even a one room + one girl story with the ability to create our own interactive dialogue could be of some interest!

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:35 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

@juddre
I agree that they shouldn't rush modding tools right away, that instead they should continue to add some more features / stories first, and letting the playerbase grow naturally as a result. Then they can gradually work on some modding / customization capabilities, and improving those over time.

However, I don't agree on the business model that games like 3Dsexvilla are using. I think it's extremely annoying when something that is advertised as “free-to-play”, has so little content to offer in it's basegame. It's just false advertising. Before you can get a somewhat enjoyable experience playing the game you have to buy several different items or 'packs', which isn't only a real hassle, but also a total rip-off. For example items like a new hairstyle that cost more than a dollar. Then, to make matters worse, some kind of paying system is introduced where you first have to buy 'credits' which you have to use to pay for things ingame. It's just such a time consuming, annoying and most of all costly process that definitely isn't worth the money.

It's the same as the current trend in general gaming of releasing DLC's for ridiculous prices (with content that should've been in the game in the first place) instead of releasing proper modding tools and letting the community create content for free. This is the reason why I pirated the games of most of the major developers / publishers like Ubisoft, activision, EA etc. for at least the last 5 years, because they don't deserve my money. Exceptions are those developers / games that allow for a real modding community to exist. I bought games like Mount and Blade warband, ArmA 2, the GTA series, the STALKER series, the Elder Scrolls series because of that, and I support ambitious Indie game developers.

In the case of xstoryplayer, I definitely understand that the price of the game will increase once more content is added, but the way they are doing it now seems perfect to me. Just a 1-time-payment for the most recent version, and with every update / new story they develop they can increase this price with a fair amount, so people that have downloaded the game already will only have to pay for future additions. There is no confusion and lying to the customers.

Once some proper modding / customization capabilities are released (not as a seperate purchase, but as an addition to the main game), and of course given that the playerbase is greatly increased (which is why we need to spread the word) the creators can lay back, and let the players create content for the community. The more content there is, the more players will know about and purchase the game, etc. The more popular mods can then for example be incorporated into the main game, if the game developer want that and the mod creator allows it. It's a win-win.

But I do agree that it will cost a lot of time and work before a community like this exists, and therefore at the moment it's more importantly to increase / improve the stories and features before releasing any modding tools.

BTW, I don’t know much about modding myself, so maybe it's technically impossible or extremely difficult to create user friendly modding tools for the engine xstoryplayer is based on. But I do think modding and customization for this game would be a great thing.

The game in it's current state already surpassed all other 3d sex games in terms of interactivity, immersion, graphics and the open, community-friendly attitude of the developer(s). It certainly deserves greater publicity.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next