View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 XSP Development & Planning 
Site Admin
Site Admin

@Ron

Absolutely. Backers with 4.0 or higher will have same access.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:10 pm
Rank 18
Rank 18

@xpadmin nice :D

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:19 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

@xpadmin

I know from older posts that sales doesnt help much opposite to crowdfunding. However could you open prerelease purchase / upgrade for v4 in xmoon website?

If you do you will be happy of the number of people interested. Please give a try.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:17 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

@xpadmin thanks for taking in account our thoughts/ideas !
also nice to allow backers from offbeatr into patreon page !

Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:15 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

I'm not sure if releasing beta's like that on Patreon is a good idea. People are harsh critics and beta these days generally means "pretty much done, just testing".

Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:35 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

How about the wiki? Modding is the reason I got V3 when I did and yet I still can't mod because there's just not enough information available. I want to create stories, not fast sex variations. To do that, I need the missing scripting section filled in and the creating a model tutorial finished. If I have to wait until v4, I won't be buying future versions. If you don't live up to your promises for v3, why should I trust any of your promises for v4 and beyond?

Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:48 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

TherionNLD wrote:
I'm not sure if releasing beta's like that on Patreon is a good idea. People are harsh critics and beta these days generally means "pretty much done, just testing".

Which is true. Beta releases are "crowdsource bug finding" releases. They should be feature complete.

Call it Alpha, and nothing is guaranteed to be complete, and no one has a leg to stand on complaining about the state of the software - it's only Alpha, after all.

So if that's what they're going to do, call it Alpha. Other terms are OK, like perhaps "feature test". But Beta is inappropriate, because Beta releases are supposed to be complete. If there's not a high probability that a Beta release build will be the GA build, then it's not a Beta build.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:16 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

xpadmin wrote:
About a Patreon page:

We are still mulling over whether or not we want to create a Patreon page. The reason we are somewhat hesitant is because this would require regular updates.
Like mentioned above we want to spend as much time as possible on the next version 4, and this could make regular updates more difficult.

These could be possible scenarios (I like to hear your opinion on this):
- We spend 3 weeks per month on version 4 and 1 week per month creating new content for version 3. Patreons could vote on these new features.
- We wait until version 4 has taken more form and then add a Patreon page especially for that. Patreons (and version 4 owners) will have early access to this Beta build.

I'd like to point out a problem that adult artists face on Patreon.

When adult artists post exclusive or uncensored content on Patreon to reward patrons, some people will just make a pledge, view that uncensored content, and then withdraw that pledge immediately after they have viewed that content. What's worse is that the "Money Per Month" meter isn't updated to reflect this withdrawal until the next pay cycle.

Patron rewards for XSP are going to have to be crafty to prevent these shenanigans from happening on XSP's Petreon account.

HOW TO START MODDING

Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:36 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

Pickled Cow wrote:

When adult artists post exclusive or uncensored content on Patreon to reward patrons, some people will just make a pledge, view that uncensored content, and then withdraw that pledge immediately after they have viewed that content. What's worse is that the "Money Per Month" meter isn't updated to reflect this withdrawal until the next pay cycle.

Patron rewards for XSP are going to have to be crafty to prevent these shenanigans from happening on XSP's Petreon account.

Indeed. The only way to protect against that would be to require an always on internet connection in order to play, which has other drawbacks.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:43 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

burning wrote:
Pickled Cow wrote:

Indeed. The only way to protect against that would be to require an always on internet connection in order to play, which has other drawbacks.

I think this is not the case. While XSP promises new game content, patrons would be interested. Rewards can be wallpapers.
As for the game content people rush to steal, crack and publish on trackers. However the new patches were missed as far as I browsed some torrent sites. Even members there are annoyed for the fact that the crack is russian and creates a VPN... They quit downloading scared that russians are getting into their comps. I can make lovely captures on this topic:))

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next