View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 4.0 version 
Rank 15
Rank 15

i was wondering is tentacle dream story is going to be in the 4.0 version

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:51 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

That's a good question, as 3.o only has a bit of the tentacle dreams story, and not the two other stories at all, Would be interesting to see if it does :)

Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:26 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

The final intent (version 9.9) is that everything will be in there I thought.

Which makes me think. Would it make sense to have an RPG setting to the game to allow you to progress through the "field". So mechanics like Fame and Infamy could have a role. As well as typical RPG stats.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:21 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

Each story will be in the following versions. Things are only incomplete or missing because they wanted to get the engine out sooner. All 3 stories so far will be included and complete before 4.0 comes out, is how I understand it.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:30 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

burning wrote:
Each story will be in the following versions. Things are only incomplete or missing because they wanted to get the engine out sooner. All 3 stories so far will be included and complete before 4.0 comes out, is how I understand it.

Would be ideal.
After having played the Tentacle Dream in XStoryPlayer 3, it's hard to go back to XStoryPlayer 2 to play the Wet Dream and Dark Dream as the 3 engine is so much improved over the 2 engine

Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

burning wrote:

Really? I was under the impression that the old stories won't be added to new versions of the game. Since 9.9 is supposed to be "Xmoon University" and they have been talking about creating larger environments that can be added to. Makes me think they plan on changing up the gameplay to more of a small open world sandbox with rpg elements where you make your own story and characters in their world and veer away from the current method of telling linear stories. Lets face it every review I've seen of the game has mentioned it's sex simulation freeplay mode to be groundbreaking and amazing and it's story mode to blow fat hairy testicles.. and no not in a good way lol. It would make perfect sense for them to put more toys in the sandbox and give us more tools to create in there and not even add a story mode. From what XPadmin has mentioned so far we will have the girls from the previous games... or be able to make them in the character creator (presets maybe?) I don't see a point in the rewriting every single story for the new engine especially since they aren't a continuation or even related to one another. If they had the same characters or the 3rd story was a crossover of the first two games than sure it would be worth the effort to consolidate... But if the 3rd story doesn't connect to the first ones than just do like they do now. And has anybody even played the story mode more than 1 time? I haven't. I played each one 2 times max, they are linear short stories, there isn't multiple endings or any stats to build, no failstate just checkpoints on a line, once you know the little story, the sex scenes are all you go back to. It has no replayability because there is only one way to do it. And the dungeon mode with the mood settings can give you the exact same (if not better) experience than loading up a checkpoint.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]