View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Wishlist 
Rank 14
Rank 14

Its three months now since i last visited the forum and had a look at the progress...
I must admit, i am a little bit dissapointed. I wonder where are all those modders? Why do games like skyrim or fallout have bigger adult modding communities then the engine provided by xmp? What is going wrong? And why had the modding competition NOT the expected Impact? (I draw back because i thought it would be unfair to take part, as i allready had a lot experience working wth xmp engine).

I am unable to answer those questions, but at least i am able to tell why i am not into modding for xmp atm. Take it as a wishlist to improve the engine.

MODDING:
1.) Not beeing able to build complex controlable objects frustrates me.

THIS SHOULD BE THE TOP PRIORITY TASK!!!
2.) I am bored by the complexity of modding xmp because the toolchain is awefull. I now ended up by copying the filemanagers .ini into the 'mods' directory after finishing a mod... The filemanager really needs a good drag an drop GUI! Filemanager also should work as a modmanager, and a user should be able to define a 'mod' consisting of 'submods'. The lag of a intuitiv usable toolchain is maybe the most annoying thing about xmp. Get rid of forcing users to mess around with those nasty .inis and config files quickly, instead provide a Tool which handles the low level stuff in the background.
THIS SHOULD BE THE TOP PRIORITY TASK!!!

3.) Explain how to add custom animations.

4.) Add a statemachine editor to the under 2.) mentioned modmanager like Unity mecanim. This way a user does not need to have programming experience for creating stories, he just needs to add nodes and to connect properties of objects or npcs to states. (Even script code could be a linked property).

GAMEPLAY:
1.) Add a character customization screen. Just let the users manipulate the scale of the char's bones. Tried it with the provided example models, seems to work fine.
2.) Anyone has to add more interactivity to the characters! I know, this also can be done by the community... Let them make more sounds, move around if idle, touch the player, start a conversation. A good example how it should work would be ag3.

The engine is allready quite powerful. In fact interaction with the character is much better as it is in every other major title. (E.g. the latest game from illusion is miles behind xmp)
The game needs to be more accessible by mainstream users. You must not rely on people like me who fight a problem until its solved...

Remember this is no offense, Feedback is the source of quality and customer satisfaction! I honor your afforts and i do know producing such a title is really hard and time consuming work.

Sat May 02, 2015 10:56 pm
Rank 18
Rank 18

i agree that modding could be easier in case i think several more factors have to do with it

- it is easier if xpadmin makes everything a comfort thing
(waiting to next version and next version..)

- when one modder suspends his work developing mods etc. other modders thinking about suspending they works

when we make mods we get help from xpadmin/developers thats a good point that we should dont forget

pitty that you havent enter the modding challenge you could win a prize !?

could you continue making clothing mods and new dungeons/rooms

ps. i start this summer with modding

Sun May 03, 2015 11:52 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

I also think that the community of XMP is not as big (far below) as the Skyrim one.
Not everyone knows this game. Unfortunately (or maybe it's a good thing) XMP is having more fame in the darknet and torrents or file service sharing.
A lot of people are downloading the game (for free ofc), but maybe some of them will buy or even contribute to this game.
It's a special form of advertising but still people are spreading the word of this game.

I think we also need more tools before adding more stuff. I'm talking without knowing too much about it but I think there still need a lot of work before being able to mods easily the game. XMP is trying their best between next updates, adding more tools to mods, make the community grows etc.

I hope you can make some mods for our community. In the mean time I try to participate everywhere I can spreading the word, defending the game etc (even in the dark places)

Sun May 03, 2015 7:20 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

While I agree that modding should be a priority I think it's much more important to improve the core game. Skyrim would have never attracted a lot of modders if the core game was shallow and buggy. Without "normal" users the game or the modding scene will never really take off. Remember that even the best modding tools and simplest mod installers are way too complex to the average user (which means a huge majority, like 80+%).

The xmoon guys listen to the community and they know which direction to go and what has to be done. I posted my wishlist over two years ago and most of items on the list (i.e. Stage 1) can actually be ticked off (!), which is really quite impressive. What's missing now is maturing and extending the sandbox mode for the game to be more inviting to less "pro" users. The girl has got to be more interactive with the user, so that the more average user can get interested enough to start exploring all the possibilities (i.e. the game should appeal to people that don't have drug rape fetish/necrophiliac tendencies). In addition the controls (especially, but not only the thrusting) really has to be made more accessible.

For the kicks, I quoted my two year old post below:
Inquisitor wrote:
Here is my vision of how this game could be made into the best adult game ever. I think you already do so many things right, so the least I can do for you is to share my thoughts. :)

To make this game the success it deserves to be, I think this game should go through these stages:

1. Work on perfecting the sandbox mode.
  2. Open up to mods, to get the community to contribute new clothes, hairstyles, skins, locations, tools, stories. A loyal and contributing community will make a huge difference in the long run.
  3. Make more stories. You are great at it, so it would be cool to see more!
  4. Mature sandbox mode and mods. Add more features, listen to requests from modding community.
  5. Introduce a simulated environment with a few locations (home, stripbar, school, ?) and limited number of AI girls that you can interact with and make your lovers/friends/enemies.
  6. See where it's going and focus your efforts on what seems to be the most popular aspect of the game. Is it sandbox mode, where people can dress the girl up? Is it story mode, where people can try some fun stuff and have a challenge getting the girl/ cool new scenes? Or is it the simulated environment that most people are interested in exploring?

Stage 1: Perfecting the sandbox mode
I know that you're already working hard on improving girl interactions. Below is my prioritized list of suggestions for the first stage.

1. Girl interactions. (This is the most important feature and we know you're already working on it.)
    How I envision it: The girl will now interact with your thrusting, by slightly moving head/thrusting back at you. In addition the girl can be asked to "do me" (will work when inserted in any opening) and she will move head/thrust ambitiously and will keep doing it as long as a tool/guy's thing is "within range".
  2. Girl climax. Not much to say here, besides that I'd rather see that it's her pose, wetting, facial expression, breathing and actions reflect her arousal state than a climax meter.
  3. Pose mode. Tell the girl to relax and you can move/pose her like in puppet mode. Tell her to resume and she will remain in place and interact normally in the new pose. This mode can be started from any position, like standing.
  4. Girl in control positions (cowgirl). She will sit on top and do the most of the work (if a tool/guy's thing is "within range").
    How I envision it: There's a problem in the game with the MC not being able to lie down, which also goes for missionary or trying to "mount" a girl lying down. It should be solved by a lie down feature, where the guy's thing can be moved to almost floor level.
  5. AI. The girl should have a mind of their own and will start doing you (or herself) if you leave them for too long (if aroused).
  6. Customizations. For starters a breast size and build slider (skinny->voluptuous) would be great. It would be fine to just select any predefined face initially. Next would be a few face sliders (eyes, mouth, nose sliders). If you want to focus even more on customization I would suggest looking into more personalities, a height slider and much more detailed body/face sliders.
  7. Place a mirror to get a better view. It would be great to be able to produce a mirror that can be put at any position, even on the floor. This would offset some of the limitations of the first person only mode. I can live with the guy being invisible and that it's only his thing that's showing, but maybe I'm a minority here.
  8. Ahegao. It would be great if the girl climax could be turned into a minigame in itself, where you can drive the girl wild aka ahegao mode. This could be caused by different things (pain, penetration, ?), depending on the girl personality.

Well I guess that's the things I see as the most important to make the game "come alive" and seem much more matured. I know that a few of them will be a lot of work. That's why I put them in stages, where some of the later stages can be postponed until a later time.

Regarding payment I think you should think consider asking for renewed payment each time you make a significant update. It would be great to offer a starter package (like what we have now) for $9, be able to add more advanced features for another $9, AI would be another $9, customizations another $9, modding would be another $9 and so on. Newcomers could then maybe buy it all for $39 or buy/add any combination of features for $9 each.

Phew! That was a lot! Thanks for staying with me for this long rant. I hope that you can use this feedback. :)

Mon May 04, 2015 12:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]