View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
 Daughter of Essence RPG Maker Game [New Content Update!] 
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: Version 0.84!

Hi everyone! Not a whole lot to talk about that isn't in the patch notes except to say we're plugging along and making good progress on Ch. 8, which will most likely be the largest chapter to date.

I also implemented an oft-requested feature in the form of a stat guide, now lootable from the very moment Mercy wakes up at the manor. If you miss it the first time around, you can also get it from Beatrix's office in the dorms.

Want to try Daughter of Essence? The public build is available at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur! Become a patron to access more builds!

See you next week!

- Nym

Version 0.84 - 5-17-2019
Finished up the Franz quest line & added the second Franz encounter
The book Mercy wakes up next to at the beginning of the game can now be read & looted, and contains information about all the stats (can be found later in Beatrix’s room if you missed it at the beginning).
Gongo can be recruited to the cove as a sailor (along with his mom)
Added alternate routes to beginning the Franz quest
Added a new house interior to Fogsborough
Added many items to the Fogsborough maps
Added a variable to track optional major and minor tasks in Chapter 8. (You will be limited to a finite amount of major tasks before “time” runs out, so consider your options and split your saves!)
Added Fukuru and Franz to the cove
Expanded the scene library and added the nestmother & abigail scenes
Fixed some typos
Fixed fishing spots causing Orus to appear more than once, or else for Mercy to move at riding speeds with her normal sprite
Fixed a portrait issue on the ship in Mar’Liore
Fixed an issue where using the debug switch to enable all game scenes made Leite’s scene turn into Bell’s
Updated the Leviathan’s attack animations
Updated some cove dialogue to reflect new members
Fixed the battle background in Franz’s room
Adjusted the battle background in the frozen caverns
The replenishing fishing lure on the extended cove docks now has its own message instead of a message about smoothfins
Fixed DragonBones animated enemies having incorrectly defined sizes for being attacked/clicked on
When receiving the Emperor’s Gloves from Meghan, they are now correctly titled thus
Added new clues about Kelsie’s Revenge Quest

Sun May 19, 2019 11:10 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: v0.85!

Hi! This is a big release (for me, personally), because it fixes a number of major issues that have been plaguing development for months, and it opens up a lot of new options for me to experiment with improving combat.

ALSO, I'm very pleased to finally introduce the official voice actress for Mercy, who will be narrating a number of scenes throughout the game, starting with the prologue. Please welcome the very talented Dorn on board!

Beyond that, I've also added some new features this week: autosaves being chief among them (as an experiment), but also new keybind shortcuts in the form of B (for bag) and M (for map). No more digging through the inventory to find out where in the world you are anymore.

There has also been a bit of sprucing up of old maps, with places like Shiveworth getting a bit of a facelift.

Anyway, there's been a ton of little fixes and improvements, all of which are logged below. New alpha build next week!

New to the game or want to become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur!

Until then.

Version 0.85 - 5-24-2019
Added some new, voice-acted lines at the end of the Shiveworth prologue, courtesy of Dorn!
Added Aklas’s campsite & multiple different conversations and paths depending on your choices so far
Added Dietrich & Aklas to the cove
Beatrix’s “Essence Flare” now counts as a physical attack
Spruced up the Shiveworth maps with new flower, grass and coral tiles
Implemented an autosave feature (temporarily, as a test)
Disabled the confirmation request when loading save files from the menu
Updated all of the attack animation sequences, adding more diversity to the attack types and making the blows feel more powerful and resolve more quickly
Added new hotkeys for opening up the item bag (B) and pulling up the travel map (M). NOTE: you’ll have to reset the keyboard configuration back to default before these hotkeys work.
Fixed a bug where the new DragonBones plugin was causing humanoid enemy attack animations not to play correctly during attacks [FINALLY]
Fixed a bug where finishing up the Esterholt chapter and leaving fails to disable the “coat on” switch, which affects fishing spots
Claire no longer remains in the nunnery after it’s cleared out by Oldlight soldiers
In the debug room, rather than choosing a specific level, you can now increase or decrease Mercy and Orus’s levels by increments (up to level 20)
Fixed a bug where a Fogsborough watchman can be body-blocked by Orus, causing a soft lock
Fixed a fishing spot in the Fogsborough cavern passage
Fixed some typos and text runoffs
Lowered system sound effect levels across the board
Overhauled Bell’s ship hull map for better pathing and clearer doorways
Fixed an issue where the opening splash screen plugin was known to cause frame drops (courtesy of Bluebooth)
Marlan has his own inventory now during the execution segment in Carvannah
Fixed an issue where Silas appeared in the Witchdale tavern even if you didn’t recruit him
Added new flower tiles to Mar’Liore
Fixed some issues where Orus was appearing twice in a scene or overlapping someone
Fixed a bug where talking to the bed in the White Rat and declining to sleep still progressed a quest in the journal
You can no longer enter the room in the White Rat without first talking to Cattie

Sun May 26, 2019 6:56 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: v0.86: The Fightening

Good evening, comrades! I'll try to keep this brief since I have a few things to go over.

This week introduces a number of fairly substantial overhauls to combat balance and animations, as well as an important update to the autosave system.

When you update to the new version, you'll notice right away that your save isn't in the same slot as it was in v0.85 or earlier. That's because slot 1 is now reserved for autosaves, and everything else has been moved down a slot to compensate.

So (and this is important), if you have a save in slot 1, I would STRONGLY encourage saving in another slot before updating to avoid any unusual behavior.

Also, thanks to a some newly-recruited beta testers, the game has received some very thorough testing and bug-reporting over the past few weeks, so that's why you'll notice a LOT of bug-fixing and fine-tuning in the patch notes. I'm grateful to everyone who's been helping out on that front and I hope you enjoy version 0.86!

Want to try the public build or become a patron? https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.86.1 - 6-3-2019
Added Danforth Crook (WIP)
Knockout state now decreases XP by 50% instead of 100%
Revamped all damage/healing over time states so that they do flat rates based on stat formulae instead of percentiles. As a consequence, bosses are now generally susceptible to DoTs.
Damage/healing over time states now play their own unique animations during damage ticks
Autosave now triggers only on exterior or significant map changes rather than all map changes. This is to cut down the excess performance hit when moving between small rooms, and also just because it felt excessive.
Fixed some skills repeating animations
Added a new Guard animation, + guarding reduces the chance of state infliction by 50%
Sigrun’s dialogue changes after the commotion in the castle plaza
Fixed a couple of inconsistencies with the spelling of Hallie’s last name
Bell’s Hawk Strike and Shock Piercer attacks now require player timed attack
Bell no longer appears briefly as Mercy’s follower on the ship
The bat in Shiveworth no longer tints the screen (forgot to remove a test from v0.86)
Orus should no longer appear in the White Rat twice
Added a series of new cast animations to diversify elements, weapon skills and enemy skills
At level 3, Mercy now learns “Wound Essence”: basic, light-element essence magic
Counter has been reworked so that it no longer totally mitigates incoming attacks, but instead attacks after, like traditional RPGs. This is to differentiate it further from evasion and reflection, and to mitigate the “wait periods” for some early encounters where you have no magic. To compensate for the nerf, counter rates on equipment and class bonuses are being universally increased
Fixed an issue where it was possible to move the wrong way after pickpocketing the Southgate soldier in Mar’Liore and soft lock
Ferrum Silvae no longer faces the wrong way in combat
Simple stat descriptions added to the stat advancement message boxes
Mercy is now stripped of her weapon when captured by Oldlight
Fixed some text runoffs and typos
Fixed some toys applying states while still on cooldown
All toys now list the status applied
Sobriety Necklace now provides full immunity to “Dizzy”
Raised VO levels slightly and muted background audio
Fixed some lighting effects in the traders cove segment
Updated Hallie’s initial scene for continuity
The szarva horn is now correctly removed from your inventory on quest completion
Adjusted the giant lion beetle fight slightly
If Mercy happens to beat the finder in Shiveworth, it now acknowledges your victory and correctly removes Orus
Lowered the volume level of the storm on the ship
Hallie’s Flame Barrier spell now has a description in the menu
Gorstag no longer shows up at the cove uninvited
Updated dialogue for a couple of Witchdale peacekeepers after returning the second time
Fixed some passability issues
Glenna no longer references Claudia if Claudia wasn’t rescued
Fixed Wulfhilde not opening the shop menu after returning from Fort Wilkes
The Oldlight “strangers” encounters have been modified slightly
The Honorable Pete’s “wind-up” state no longer disappears before the follow-up
Re-entering the Fogsborough cave passage from the east now correctly applies the “coat on” switch, preventing Mercy from removing the coat while fishing

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:42 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release! Version 0.87!

Hi everyone! The latest release is live and features a meaty little chunk of new content and some new areas and quests in progress.

Surprisingly, there haven't been any major gamebreaking issues reported since the last system implementations, so besides a few little tweaks here and there, I've been able to focus largely on writing new scenes instead of fixing mechanical problems!

With that said... I'll be taking a short vacation next week. I've been reaching peak burnout recently with the flurry of overtime hours and mad bug-fixing, and I haven't had a proper weekend since about this time last year. In fact, it's been about 50 straight builds in a row, which is kind of insane now that I think of it!

So I hope you'll understand while I try to recoup some of my brainpower and just try to get my mojo back in order. Chances are, I'll make it halfway through the week before I'm back on the grind.

New to the game? Become a patron or play the public build at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Thanks, everyone!

- Nym

Version 0.87 - 6-8-2019
Added Danforth Forest & bandit camp
Added new interiors and characters to Danforth Crook
Bandit quest and recruitment added
Marilea recruitment added
Fixed some instances of Orus standing on other NPCs (and sometimes Mercy)
Moon Elemental’s “Moon Drop” skill changed to “Moon Sight” for continuity
Mercy now learns “Wound Essence” after sparring with Marlan instead of at level 3. Dialogue updated for continuity
Updated the stables scene for continuity
Added conditions to the DoT formulae to check current hp, so states no longer inflict the killing blow (this was causing strange behavior where enemies didn’t count as defeated)
Updated a few lines in the Carvannah Mine for continuity
Fixed a transfer event on Bell’s ship
Fixed a passability issue in the Carvannah noble district
Changed a number of outdated nameplates for continuity
Fixed the holding cell wall switch in the cove

Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:56 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: Version 0.88!

Hi everyone! We're back in business after a nice little week-long rest. This new patch expands the Grey Clarion and Danforth Crook areas with some new areas and optional/hidden boss encounters, both of which are some of the hardest fights yet, so HANG ON to your asses.

It also sneaks in a couple of little QoL features that people may appreciate.

Hope you enjoy, and we'll see you next week!

New to the came or want to become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.88 - 6-21-2019
Added hidden basement & new scenes to Danforth Crook
Added new boss encounter to Danforth Crook
Fixed a passability issue in the cove
Fixed an issue where Mercy would try to fish while controlling Marlan
The absolute minimum steps between random encounters changed to 10, from 1
Random encounters are escapable 100% of the time
Crash-errors should now display a full error report
Auto-dash and Command Remember are now enabled by default
Added several large new areas to Grey Clarion (WIP)
Added two new enemy types to Grey Clarion
Added new boss encounter to Grey Clarion
HP & MP are restored on level up
Dialogue has been added to Honu in Grey Clarion for if you find Aklas first
Some animation sound effects adjusted to be less jarring and more visceral
Fixed an issue where Marlan could be sent to Grey Clarion without skills if Hallie wasn’t rescued
Mercy now dismounts Orus automatically whenever boarding a vehicle
Fixed some animations repeating
The Mar’Liore cooking quest now correctly resolves in the journal

Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:06 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: v0.89! French Toast Edition

Hi folks! Here's the new weekly build! A new alpha build is coming next Friday night with version 0.90. We're starting to creep up on version 100, which makes me wonder what kind of special event we should have to celebrate...

Want to try the public version or beome a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.89 - 6-28-2019
Added a new NSFW scene (Lactation, milking, breastfeeding)
Added a new cooking recipe: “Pan Dulcis” (French Toast)
“Physical” element has been separated into four elements to diversify enemy resistances: Striking, Piercing, Slashing and Crushing
Added new cliff tiles to a number of regions that allow the player to pass beneath
New hidden boss added to Grey Clarion
Birds of a Feather is now finishable, and Megaera can be brought to the cove
Marilea now appears in the cove if recruited
Colette is now recruitable, and a new medicine crafting station has been added to the cove
Added Eva’s completion of the monument notations after 2 major event completions in Ch. 8
Moon returns to her normal operations at the alchemy station after 2 major event completions in Ch. 8
Fixed an issue where Gertrude’s shop didn’t correctly appear during a cutscene
Fixed some passability issues in Grey Clarion
Fixed a typo in Abner’s journal
Fixed a line break tag in the quest journal
Made Carvannah signs unreadable while Mercy is blinded
The quest, “The Approaching Storm,” now explicitly mentions checking the library for clues, since a lot of people were getting stuck here
The dialogue on the combination statue changes after opening the chest
Fixed a typo in Beatrix’s “Blinding Arrow” description
Fixed an issue where the blocker for the chicken pen reset after leaving
Added an extra produce item to Danforth Crook to ensure the quest was finishable

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:44 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Releases: Weekly & Alpha v0.90!

Hi, everyone! The alpha gets updated to version 0.90 this week, alongside the weekly release. You can find what's changed since the last alpha in the changelog, but the big change from just last week is the newly drawn and implemented Beatrix portraits.

It's been a bit of a scavenger hunt trying to track down and replace all of Beatrix's old portraits, and not very scientific, so let us know if you find any oddities or remnants from the old style left over.

Hope everyone still has all their fingers and toes after the 4th, and beyond that, enjoy the new builds!

New to the game? Try the public build or become a patron at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.90 - 7-5-2019
Added a new NSFW scene (M/F, harp, magic potion, excessive cum)
Drew and implemented Beatrix’s full-size portraits
Added a new potion to Moon’s shop
Increased the portrait heights, revealing more L E G !
Revised some of the class selection menus at the beginning of the game for better continuity
Revised some of Aunt Agatha’s dialogue for better continuity
Fixed some typos

Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:11 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: v0.91!

Heya! The latest release features a couple of new areas (perhaps the nicest-looking areas to date!), as well as a handful of fixes and minor improvements.

Alpha patrons are also getting a hotfix, which does everything in the patch notes below except for add the new areas.

Most of this week went into tile editing and mapping, but I think it'll pay off. The new area is going to be really cool, and I'm excited to keep it going and wrap up chapter 8 soon.

New to the game or want to become a patron? Check out the patreon for the public build and more! https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

In the meantime, enjoy what's here and look forward to what's to come!

- Nym

Version 0.91 - 7-12-2019
Added Aster Valley! (WIP)
Added Aster Village! (WIP)
Added the first bath house suite!
Fixed a handful of portrait issues
The tents in Hawk’s Keep are all now correctly illuminated
Added new items to the world
Added more upper-layer cliff tiles for better pathing and more natural visuals
Fixed the Dalkon & Brandis scene not correctly displaying the scene art because the screen was faded out

Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:41 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: Version 0.92!

Hi folks! As always, we've got a new patch ready and waiting for your enjoyment.

Aster Village is taking shape, and we introduce dozens of new characters this week, as well as myriad new cutscenes and little details. Alas, I made a cool new icon for the game window, but it's so damn small on the task bar that it's virtually indistinct, so I may have to reconsider my approach for next time.

Fortunately, learning and improving things little by little is why we're doing this the way that we are, and the process of laborious revision is the unsung hero of all good artistry.

New to the game? To become a patron or play our public build visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Until next time!

- Nym

Version 0.92 - 7-19-2019
Added the Aster Village manor
Expanded Aster Village!
Added Aster Manor exterior area
Added the church interior & cellar
Added villa interior
Added cafe interior
Added many new characters to Aster Village
Added pears and the pear cobbler recipe
Added a cool new icon for the game’s launcher
Added “Sweet Tooth” state when eating baked desserts, temporarily increasing max MP
Fixed an issue where watermelon were incorrectly healing 60% MP instead of 70%
Fixed a couple of typos in different item descriptions
Fixed a possible issue that could arise when cooking pan dulcis multiple times in a row

Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:48 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Build: Version 0.93!

Hi folks,

This week's build has been all about tying off a lot of different loose ends, and I gotta say... it feels good. There are still a few more things to wrap up before we're finished, but the end of chapter 8 is in sight.

A little journey back to where the chapter begins is in order, a little polish here and there, and I think we'll be looking at a fresh new public build in no time. This may just be the biggest chapter to date. It's certainly the broadest chapter, in any case.

We hope you like it.

New to the game? Download the public build or become a patron at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.93 - 7-26-2019
Continued the story progress in Aster Village
Concluded the quest to find the messenger birds in Aster Village
Concluded the quest to purchase provisions for Danforth Crook
Fixed some Aster Village transfer events causing Mercy to face the wrong way
Adjusted the pricing and balance of some consumable items
Rolled back changes to escaping combat & recovering HP/MP on level up (was causing unknown errors, and I didn’t care for how it changed game balance in the end)
Added a bunch of items to Aster Valley & Village
Added the Danforth Crook bandit crew to the cove (if you recruited them)
Earth Vial now restores 20% HP instead of 15%, and increases AGI, DEF and RES by 50% for 1 action. This is to help mitigate the brutal cycle of instant-death after using an Earth Vial, which is more prevalent and frustrating in the 2-person party dynamic than the more common 3 or 4 without just making it more rewarding to die and resurrect than it is to heal.
Updated a number of skills to apply the correct (new) attack element, between striking, piercing, slashing and crushing
Updated Sunder, so it now applies the ATK Down I State instead of the default debuff effect
Updated Neutrality & Absolution of the Sea, so they now remove more negative status effects (that have been added since their creation)
There are no longer 2 shopkeepers in Aster Village named “Misa”
Fixed some passability issues in Aster Village

Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next