View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Daughter of Essence RPG Maker Game [New Content Update!] 
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hey everyone! W O W, version 0.20. It's absolutely wild how fast the time has gone by over the course of 20 releases. It has been a ton of work, but it's also been really satisfying to see things coming together.

And, if you'll permit me to toot both of our own horns, I think we are getting better at it as we go along. I hope you're as excited about the future as we are.

We're sending v0.20 out to our weekly patrons and v0.19.1 out to our alpha patrons, so any new patrons will get access to the build of their respective tiers.

Anyone can try out our public build here: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Here's what we got going on in this week's release!

Version 0.20 - 2/12/2018

Added brief dialogue for when Mercy first arrives in Witchdale
Added Witchdale Dormitory (basement, ground floor, 2nd floor)
Added Witchdale Bank
Added Witchdale Residential Caverns (Upper and Lower)
Added over a dozen new characters to Witchdale again!
Added Saul & a new combat encounter!
Added a new optional NSFW scene (F/F + weird)!
Added some narrative prerequisites & subsequent plot progress
Updated Carvannah Mine battle background
Updated Carvannah Aqueducts battle background
Fixed a few typos
Fixed a lighting issue when traveling from the Witchdale coast to the ship

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:25 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hi everyone, Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

We just finished up our playtesting on version 0.21 and got the build uploaded. This has been a tricky development week, because it's a lot of tying off loose-ends and building in the player's choices.

But we got a lot done, and I'm pretty happy with the results. Check out the patch notes to see what's new, and enjoy!

Remember, everyone can try out our public build here: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.21 - 2/19/2018

Added main plot progress and the next big player choice
Added new ship cabin areas
Added all Witchdale recruitment options
Added Corrine quest & encounter
Added szarva & Molly quest
Added new NSFW scene (Other/F - written and commissioned)
Added tons of contextual dialogue to Witchdale citizens and recruitable members
Revised some Witchdale dialogue to strengthen suggestions of pirates-Peacekeeper relationship
Added new hidden treasures to Witchdale!
Fixed a chest in Shiveworth (displaying the message incorrectly)
Fixed an issue in Witchdale where the ladies walking by triggers every time you step on a certain tile
Changed the appearance of the Witchdale barracks
Added Badaxe to the in-game credits

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:19 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hey everyone, we pulled a late night last night to try and get the weekly build to a good stopping point, and BOY was it a monster.

Wrapping up Witchdale has meant creating 3 different sequences for the conclusion and between 2-4 different sets of conversations for each member of the crew back on your ship, depending on the chosen routes.

It's been hard work, and I'm sorry to say the chapter still isn't 100% finished (although you do technically finish up with Witchdale itself). I'd say I've grinded out probably 95% of it. It's pretty much guaranteed to be finished before the next weekly release (which MAY come early?)

A lot of stuff didn't make the cut this week just for lack of time, including a new sex scene and 2 different pieces of art for already-existing sex scenes. I expect not only these to make it in by next week, but also ANOTHER scene that I've had sitting on my hard drive for a while (just needed to be back in the cove to make it happen).

Remember the public version is available for everyone to try! You can download it at: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

March is looking to be a big month! Here are the patch notes:

Version 0.22 - 2/26/2018

Added new inn room areas
Added a new passage connecting Witchdale and the caverns
Added three different branching paths for Witchdale’s resolution
Withdrawal route
Direct Confrontation route
Peacekeeper Alliance route
Added The Van Ritter and crew encounters
Added the return voyage and all new crew members to the ship
Improved all cooked meat recovery values across the board:
Roasted Smoothfin: 70 + 10% -> 100 + 10%
Roasted Hogfish: 150 + 20% -> 200 + 20%
Roasted Flank: 200 + 30% -> 300 + 30%
Hufferpuffer Pie: 250 + 50% -> 400 + 40%
Roasted Toothtube Fin: 300 + 40% -> 500 + 50%
Changed mushroom recovery value (175 + 7% -> 20%)
Changed some dialogue in Carvannah for clarity
Fixed a sequence break in the Carvannah aqueducts (visiting crows hideout before encountering crows)

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:31 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hey everyone! We released a new build last night (technically this morning): version 0.23. There are a lot of things packed into a very short segment of game here, and that's because it all hinges on choices made and paths taken this far.

Things are actually starting to get a little out of hand in the cove in terms of complexity. Some NPCs have well over a dozen different pages of dialogue conditional to certain events.

The next build (to be released on Fridays instead of Mondays going forward) is going to focus heavily on revision. I've been charging ahead so fast that some of the pieces holding different segments together are feeling thin right now.

I want to start touching things up and polishing content to make the experience smooth, fun and intuitive.

Remember, newcomers can try our public build for free at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Anyway, here are the patch notes!

Version 0.23 (The End of the Witchdale Chapter!) - 3/2/2018

Added a new NSFW scene (written) on the ship (M/F, age difference)
Added a new NSFW scene (written and illustrated) back in the cove (Futa/F)
Added art for the Witchdale shapeshifter scene (Solo F, huge insertion, toy)
Added a variety of items to the Witchdale inn and underground passage
Added the return to the cove
Added the Van Ritter encounter for the peacekeeper alliance route
Added new dialogue to all cove residents
Fixed an issue where the upgraded alchemy station didn’t properly detect different types of essence
Fixed an issue with the excavation chest disappearing instead of checking for restock

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:43 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hi everyone! We managed to wrap the weekly and alpha builds up earlier in the day than usual, thanks to a surprisingly well-kept schedule this week.

I set out to make this build focus primarily on revisions & improvements, and while I did revise a few things, it turned out that quite a lot was added, as well.

The biggest labor of the week was visual changes to the cove upgrades. Next week's focus will be adding new spells, weapon skills, runes, potions, and the final crafting station for essence of the night.

After that... we begin the next chapter! Hope everyone's looking forward to seeing where we go next.

The weekly version is 0.24, and the alpha is 0.23.1. I expect that a new public build will be coming in approximately two weeks' time to https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur so non-patrons have that to look forward to as well.

Version 0.24 - 3/9/2018

Added visual upgrade indications for tier 2 essence station upgrades!
Added cannons to the 2nd tier defense upgrade!
Added new & improved doorway to expanded caverns if upgraded
Added clues about stowaway to ship
Added Olma’s arrival scene & subsequent cell location
Added Brandis to cove (if that path was chosen)
Added details about Ralph to the departure-for-Witchdale narration
Added a brief cutscene with Gorps & returned him to the cove
Added Ralph back to the cove (if that path was chosen)
Added some more dialogue to different members of the cove
Added a cut-scene in Shiveworth with Marlan & Carvannah Hunters
Added Holden’s return cut-scene
Introduced another new character to the cove: Wulfhilde!
Fixed some lighting issues in the expanded caverns

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:26 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hello, everyone! We got the latest build up last night, and as promised, we continued with the base-building upgrades and systems. I managed to get a LOT more done this week than projected, which means we're all ready to start the next chapter!

We made huge strides forward with the essence station upgrades and added tons of new content for character builds: new weapon skills, new spells, runes, potions, even an all-new station.

Another feature that I'm really excited about is a MUCH more informative equipment change scene, so you really how your stats are changing when you swap gear.

This has been one of the biggest patches yet, but a lot of it will boil down to your cove upgrade choices so far.

Check it out!

Version 0.25 - 3/16/2018

- Added a new feature to show stat comparisons when changing gear in MUCH greater detail!
- Added Wulfhilde’s night essence workshop!
-- Added 2 new night essence toys & accompanying written NSFW scenes
- Added a new level 12 skill for all 3 Orus classes
- Added the 3rd tier for the moon essence training station
-- New skill scroll available for each weapon type!
- Added 3rd tier for earth essence inscription station
-- New spell scroll available for each element!
- Added 3rd tier for sun essence forge station
-- 10 new craftable runes!
- Added 3rd tier for sea essence alchemy station
-- 3 new powerful potions!
- Added a brand new residential area to the cove for the second excavation tier! (Still under construction)
- Added another cavern extension off the residential area with an optional boss fight
- Changed tier 2 potion costs (secondary ingredient now requires unrefined essence, not refined, making them less expensive overall)
- Fixed an issue where bruiseweed potions didn’t appear in alchemy stations that had been upgraded
- Fixed an issue where the alchemy station didn’t properly calculate your night essence if you had NOT upgraded
- Fixed some item description typos
- Significantly reduced the point value of MP, meaning MP bonuses from gear are more drastic
- The voyage back from Witchdale now requires Mercy talk to her new recruits before the time-lapse
- Added all the new recruits to the cove
- Rebalanced a number of skills, changing some damage formulae and some MP costs
- Revised all gold-find locations to scale better with luck at low levels
- Fixed a tile issue in the cove (disappearing carrots)
- Added new collapse effect to elemental bosses
- Modified some item plunder rates

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:48 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hi everyone! It's another big week for us as we put together 3 separate releases: a new weekly build, a new alpha build, and a new public build. Additionally, for the first time ever, our newest public also includes a Mac versions, so we hope more people have access to the game than ever.

As always, you can grab our latest build for yourself at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur.

Countless tweaks and fixes have been made from the previous public build, and an entire chapter's worth of new content has been added, in addition to huge overhauls and upgrades to the base-building mechanics. If you're curious about the specifics, you can check the entire history of our changelog here.

Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:54 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hi folks, got another juicy weekly build wrapped up for you last night, bringing us to version 27. It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that it's been 27 releases already, but here we are.

The newest chapter, Esterholt, is going to be new territory for me (but not for Audrey), branching slightly into the realms of horror. That said, I'm excited to step outside my comfort zone and try new things. After all, that's sort of a major theme here in Daughter of Essence...

All our downloads (including the free, public build) and information are here: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

You can see the patch notes here:

Version 0.27 - 3/30/2018

Added Esterholt coat portraits
Added new NSFW scene (M/F, S&M, written)
Added a short cutscene on arrival to Esterholt
Populated Esterholt with new NPCs
Continued developing Esterholt map
Added Western Esterholt area
Added Eastern Esterholt area
Added Esterholt Manor 1st Floor
Added Esterholt Manor Basement
Added Esterholt Manor 2nd Floor (WIP)
Added buried treasure to Esterholt
Added lots of hidden items to Esterholt
Fixed a tile passability issue in Esterholt
Added several new weapons to the Esterholt weaponsmith
Revised Mercy’s cold weather sprite
Revised Mercy’s cold weather battler
Revised Mercy’s normal battler
Fixed an issue where Dietrich would show up after confronting Van Ritter in Witchdale even if you never recruited him from Carvannah
Fixed a portrait issue with the Witchdale pirate crew
Revised Orus’s portrait

Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:31 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hi folks, we've just released a weekly patch and there'll probably be even more coming in the next few days.

New players can try our public build at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur.

Here's this week's patch notes!

Version 0.29 - 4/13/2018

Added new scene art for Meghan & Elijah!
Added the Staðfesta Hunter’s Hall to Esterholt
Added large wilderness region north of Esterholt
Added tent interior to Esterholt
Added the beginning of the storm portion of Esterholt
Added 2 new written NSFW scenes! Solo F, object insertion and M/F, Submission, age difference, mild S&M
Correctly added Mercy’s winter coat battler sprite
Fixed a tile passability issue
Replaced mushroom in Orus’s initial inventory with 2 monster flanks

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:59 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Newest Build: v0.30! Whoa!

Hello, and welcome to our THIRTIETH release of Daughter of Essence!

Hope you guys and gals dig it. Already got the rest of the chapter planned out, and I'm excited about getting to it and seeing what you think.

Remember, you can try out our public build at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Here are the notes:

Version 0.30 - 4/20/2018 (Blaze it Edition)

Advanced the Esterholt plot!
Overhauled the Esterholt map for the storm
Added ice cavern to the hunting grounds
Added challenging new optional boss
Added more upstairs bedrooms to the Balgruuf Manor
Added new written NSFW scene (M/M)
Joseph at the fish shack now trades some (Orus) gear for perfect shells
Made some mapping revisions to the hunting grounds area
The Esterholt blacksmith now sells shovels (whoops)
Fixed a few typos
Fixed an issue where the doctor’s dialog didn’t correctly register as a clue

Check out our twitter giveaway!

To celebrate our 30th(!!!) release of Daughter of Essence, we're doing a Twitter #giveaway.

If the tweet linked below reaches at least 20 retweets, we'll enter everyone in a drawing and give away a special copy of version 0.30!

https://twitter.com/IndoorMinotaur/stat ... 9774392321

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next