View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Daughter of Essence RPG Maker Game [New Content Update!] 
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Weekly & Alpha v.0.125: The Breakening

Hi everyone, hope you're hanging in there and staying safe.

New to the game or want to access the newest builds? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur to become a patron or download the public build.

I've got a big ol' sloppy patch for you that's going to need a lot of careful testing, so I hope some of y'all will come through for me.

The big project for this week has been preparing for a future html & mobile build, which has entailed a full overhaul for file naming conventions.

Thanks for playing, thanks for your patience, and we'll see you next week!

Version 0.125 - 3-20-2020
Added a new main boss encounter
Added new parameters to all enemy AIs, ensuring they will correctly attack when afflicted with Berserk or Enrage states
Disabled all sex toys in the mystery realm
Aded new cutscenes and story content
Skill cooldowns are now tick-based instead of turn-based (this should help improve enemy AI as well, but it’s still experimental)
Fixed an issue where the Silas & Agatha scene image would not display in certain conditions
Fixed a tile issue in Seth’s realm
Fixed an issue where Tafo’s scene image would not display in certain conditions
Combed through the game and began the process of renaming files for browser/mobile pathing compatibility. Please report any issues this causes!
Fixed an issue where Mercy could descend into the Grey Clarion Grotto while riding Orus
Mercy can now correctly ride Orus at the Fort Wilkes gate
Fixed an issue where loading a game in some interior areas wouldn’t correctly play the region’s BGM or BGS
Fixed a lighting issue when exiting the grotto in Mar’Liore
Fixed the Lion Beetle’s AI
Giantslayer damage ticks now have an animation to make it more obvious
Absolution of the Sea now removes the states it was previously missing
Orus is now 75% resistant to Moon Poison

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:52 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: The Fixening (v0.126)

Well, I survived the dreaded corona.

Thanks to everyone for the patience and support--I didn't get bad enough to go to the hospital, but I was pretty out of commission for a week and change. Fortunately, I'm feeling better and was able to get some important work done this week, finally wrapping up all the behind-the-scenes math and tallying for the siege outcome.

It was tricky, because the siege is a surprisingly complex system:

First, it tallies up your unit scores, which are decided both by your choices of unit composition, any upgrades they had, and any reinforcements you give them.

Then, it talles up Oldlight's unit scores in opposition to your own. This is decided by all manner of different variables and choices made throughout the game, so it's not just a fixed value.

And lastly, it pits all these opposing values against each other in a fairly sophisticated way, with a lot of different scores spilling over into different categories as reinforcements or gaps in defense, etc.

The final effort has been measuring the degrees of success or failure for these values and determining what that means for the final result: who lives, who dies, whether you win or lose, and how good or bad things turn out for everyone in the end.

I'm doing a ton of work on making it feel dynamic, because it's the culmination of years of planning and preparation not just from me, but also for anyone following along with the story expecting some sort of payout for their choices.

Anyway, one week at a time! Thanks again, and see you next week!

Want to try the public build or become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.126 - 4-3-2020
Finished tallying Oldlight’s total force strength based on choices made up til now
Pitted yours and Oldlight’s scores together for the final battle results (WIP)
Added the post-siege battlefield maps (WIP)
Slightly tweaked some cove residents’ stats for better aptitude for at least one task
Fixed a file reference issue in the Carvannah Aqueducts
Implemented a new system to track which residents of the cove fall during the siege based on their resilience and the final tallies of the unit to which they were assigned.
Made a change to the extra reinforcements to the main force so that they are correctly tracked in the battle’s aftermath (this change won’t take effect for saves past the unit selection portion, meaning some residents could inadvertently dodge death).

Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:28 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Still Clinging to Life (New Release! v0.127)

Hi everyone, apologies for updates being a little spotty of late. I've been up and down with what the doctors assume is a bad case of Coronavirus, though they aren't testing people my age.

But when I'm up, I can usually squeeze in a little time to get some work done. As luck would have it, I've been up for the past couple of days and able to make some more progress.

Hopefully things stay on the up-and-up, but I've been burned by that hope before so I'm taking things one day at a time. Hope you like the new build, and I hope to see you soon!

New to the game or want to become a patron? Try the public build and more at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.127 - 4-17-2020
Added the siege “victory” outcome results
Added a new cutscene to the dorms in Ch. X
Added a new cutscene after the “victory” outcome results (WIP)
Fixed several more missing file references
Fixed an outdated fishing spot in Witchdale
Fixed an issue where it was possible to get cornered by Rosa in the alley in Shiveworth
Fixed an issue where aqueduct goops were susceptible to some physical attack types
Fixed an issue where re-entering the residential area from the cove in chapter VII prematurely puts you in the ch. VIII residential area
Adjusted the speed of sliding on ice

Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:30 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Weekly Build: v0.128!

Hi folks, I wanted to get this weekly build out even though it's not gigantic, primarily because it fixes some pretty tricky issues. It's uploading now!

An update health-wise, I'm still under the weather but I still have good days and bad days. I've finally been tested for COVID after 5 weeks of complaining and the tests came back negative, which is partly good and partly nerve-wracking, because now I have to twiddle my thumbs and wait for all the other non-coronavirus blood tests to come in to see if it's something else more serious.

Fingers crossed it's just a weird one-off infection, and my "good days" become more and more normal and the bad days less frequent.

We're going to get over this finish line, though, even if I have to crawl over it. Thanks for taking this journey with me while the world crumbles around us.

New to the game? Try the public build or become a patron at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.128 - 4-23-2020
Finished the siege “victory” outcome results and resulting cutscenes
Fixed an issue where fishing successfully could sometimes result in no catch
Began development on post-siege cove content (WIP)
Revised some dialogue for better quality and continuity
Fixed an issue where it was impossible to fish up regionally-unique fish (oops!)
Fixed an issue where Orus could disappear when riding him into a tent in Carvannah
Fixed some missing file reference issues
Fixed an issue where Carlisse could appear in 2 places at once when first arriving to the Cove
Fixed an issue where Mercy could confront Silas before encountering any Crows
Fixed some skill descriptions

Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:32 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Weekly & Alpha Build: v0.129!

Hi everyone, I am pleased to report some improvement in my condition this week, accompanied by some blessed progress on the various branching paths that make up the game's "endings."

Presently, there are 7 different major divergences after the siege, most of which lead to an earlier conclusion to the journey than some of the other, more "successful" routes. Within some of these 7 paths is an impossibly large number of more subtle variants based on your choices over the course of the game and your level of preparedness for the battle.

There's a lot of content packed in here, but the caveat to all this exciting news is... most of you will never see 95% of it. After all, you can only experience one single outcome at a time!

Making so many branching outcomes is time-consuming business, and coupled with serious illness, it's been a hell of a month for development.

Remember, you can download the public build of become a patron at: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

One more thing I will say, for those of you who are starting to worry: the game's not over yet. For the more thorough and better prepared among, there's still a whole chapter awaiting. Now that so many of these loose ends are getting tied up, it's finally about time to get back on track, and I'm looking forward to it.

- Nym

Version 0.129 - 5-1-2020
Added the cove “surrender” outcome results and resulting cutscenes (WIP)
Added 3 new cove “annihilation” outcomes and resulting cutscenes (WIP)
Added new “release” sprite and portrait for Mercy
Added new time-skip captivity sprite for Mercy
Added Mercy’s Oldlight palace chambers (WIP)
Added new “fully awakened” Mercy sprites
You can now have a conversation about Leite’s milk in Ch. IX if you missed it in Ch. VIII
Fixed a number of missing file reference issues
Fixed an issue where Mercy could board the ship in Mar’Liore while riding Orus
Fixed a handful of screen tint inconsistencies

Sun May 03, 2020 11:27 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: v0.130!

Hey everyone!

I'm excited to get this new build out with some big & fancy extensions to some of the possible endings.

I've been working hard to make the less ideal outcomes still feel like genuine, meaningful results, and I'm excited to get back to work on the outcomes that don't yet result in an ending at all!

The more it branches out, the more work I'm creating for myself, but I hope it's all worth it in the end.

Until next time!

- Nym

New to the game or want to become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.130 - 5-8-2020
Extended and added the conclusion to the annihilation paths
Extended and added the conclusion to the surrender paths
Added a large new post-annihilation area
Added a new mysterious NPC who reveals many of the world’s secrets
Added a number of new sprites & assets
Fixed some missing file reference errors
Revised some dialogue for better quality and continuity

Sat May 09, 2020 6:09 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: Version 0.131!

Here's this week's build including new Leite portrait!

New to the game or want to become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.131 - 5-17-2020
Added new Leite portraits
Added the conclusion to the surrender + no yield essence path
Fixed some portrait flickering issues
Updated the dorm lighting (lanterns now glow when a room is occupied)
Added a new Beatrix intro monologue (voice coming soon)
Added a new Leite epilogue outro (voice coming soon)
Fixed an issue where Katerina in Shiveworth wouldn’t play her new dialogue for Beatrix
Fixed an issue where it was possible for two events to overlap in Mercy’s dorm room
Fixed some portrait flicker issues

Sun May 17, 2020 6:44 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: Version 0.132!

Hi everyone, I'm uploading a fun new release this week, featuring the addition of a whole new weapon type: GUNS!
There's an arsenal of new guns scattered around the world, as well as a series of new gun-based skills to be learned from Marlan.
Guns are a unique weapon in that they aren't tied to the attack stat as a source of damage, meaning they can be equipped from the back row without penalty.
Beyond that, there's been a host of other tweaks to combat, bug fixes, and new additions. Try it all out and let us know what you think.

Best,

Nym

New to the game? Download the public build or become a patron at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.132 - 5-22-2020
Changing equipment in battle no longer skips a turn; instead, it applies a short evasion and counter attack debuff. This was done to encourage more experimenting with synergizing different weapon skills
Added the post-battle cove maps for the victory path (WIP)
The “ATB ready” sound effect was changed
Added the ability to equip guns!
Many new guns added to the shops & stealable from enemies
Gun skills can now be unlocked from Dalkon
Gun damage is based on a combination of Luck and Agility, meaning there is no penalty to gun damage for being in the back row
Updated the Skill Book with all the new Gun Skills & Abner’s weapon descriptions
All timed attacks are slightly more rewarding for perfect timing and slightly more punishing for misses, averaging to the same
Added missing fish to what Kethra will buy at New Light
Marlan no longer dodges attacks in the tutorial fight (this is so players can experience the difference in timed attacks)
Some early dialogue adjusted for better quality and continuity
Emelia will now send Mercy off with some food and the advice to learn cooking
Fixed some tile continuity issues in Shiveworth
Fixed a couple of portrait issues for Leite
Fixed an issue where Mercy could try to fish through the gates in the aqueduct
Fixed an issue where Gromblers were fished at the cove docks instead of Hufferpuffers. Gromblers are now exclusive to the Emerald Flats

Sat May 23, 2020 7:51 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Weekly & Alpha Release: v0.133!

Hi everyone, hope you're hanging in there and staying healthy and sane.

I've just finished uploading the latest weekly and alpha builds, which finally start to flesh out victory conditions for the latest cove siege, though there's a whole lot more coming (including bonus rewards for exceptional outcomes).

Right now, it's mainly about adding everyone back in and writing out a lot of different conditional lines of dialogue depending on who makes it through unscathed and... who doesn't. I have a feeling I'll be fine-tuning this particular feature for a long time, so I'm just trying to get it all out there and written for now.

Anyway, it's been a busy month, and next week I'm hoping to have a bunch of new audio for the game, including new voice work for Leite, Beatrix and Mercy!

Thanks for the support, and as always, we hope you enjoy.

- Nym

New to the game or want to become a patron? Visit our patreon where the public build is free to play! https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.133 - 5-29-2020
Added everyone back to the damaged cove for the post-victory condition with new dialogue!
Fixed an issue where Olma could appear in the cove inn even if not recruited
Fixed an image overlay issue after the siege if you had recruited Marilea
Fixed an issue where Gorps could appear in the cove even if he had died
Fixed an image overlay issue after the siege if the boathouse was constructed

Sat May 30, 2020 7:08 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: v0.134!

Hey everyone, this week brings sweeping change to the cooking system and a new range of skills for every weapon type to further encourage build diversity and creativity in how you synergize your builds.

As we get close to the end, I'm trying to polish things up and improve them how I can. Just a few more builds to go before the end of the story!

Hope you've enjoyed the ride so far.

New to the game or want to become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur to play the free public build or sign up for further content!

Version 0.134 - 6-5-2020

Completely revamped the cooking system (again)!
Cooking meals now requires a recipe
Added recipe books to the world
Fish must be individually prepared into fillets before cooking (this is to prevent the accidental consumption of a rarer-colored fish you might have wanted to sell)
Added new, essence-infused recipes with permanent buffs
Added a variety of new cookable consumables and ingredients

Fixed an issue where a key fragment could be looted from the same pot twice
Lara can now contribute to the cove siege plans (if recruited)
Added some more residents to the cove post-siege
Added a new weapon skill for every weapon type (requires 1 upgrade to Dalkon’s training grounds)
Updated the Skill Book to reflect the new skills
Added some new dialogue and scenes to the cove
Finally got around to organizing a lot more of the backend stuff for ease of use

Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next