View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Long Live the Princess (mind control, fantasy setting) 
Rank 9
Rank 9

Hello! I'm the creator and developer of a relatively new adult game called Long Live the Princess, inspired by such game series as Persona and Ace Attorney. It is non-linear and has you make choices each day on how you will spend your precious time to prepare for the arrival of Princess Selena, fabled for her beauty. Your task is to seduce her through magic so that you can save the realm, but you don't know how or why. All you know is that you need to practice.

Downloads
Current public version: 0.35.2 Click here for download links and patch notes.
Current patron-only build: 0.36.0 (click here for Patreon links).

Public releases are exactly one minor version number behind the patron releases, but no content is held back beyond that.

Please support me on Patreon if you like the game, or on SubscribeStar Adult if you don't like Patreon.

Synopsis
The King is dead. His daughter, Princess Selena, is set to take the crown. But something is wrong. Murder, backstabbing, and visions of extinction threaten to bring ruin to all that is good. And at the heart of it all is a tale of personal tragedy and lost love.

You are a Truthsayer. Yours is the ability to tell if someone is lying. With your mentor dead, it is up to you to protect the Princess when she arrives in your hometown for her coronation. But a secretive old crone and her foul-mouthed pixie assistant have different plans for you.

With a newly learned ability to uncover secrets and use them to your own advantage, you are tasked with getting close to Princess Selena to save her from her darkness. But to achieve that, you must practice by getting close to the women in town. Real close.

And as you venture towards your destiny, someone is watching you closely...

Gameplay
Do you like Persona? Do you like Ace Attorney? There are elements of both in this game. You have a limited number of in-game days to prepare yourself for the Princess' arrival. Each day allows you to take three separate actions. Your choice of actions will dictate whether or not you are ready when the Princess finally arrives, so choose wisely. Carefully balance the various aspects of your life, such as practicing your spellcasting, improving your abilities, building relationships, earning money, and so on. Don't worry, there is no grinding in this game, and every action will be meaningful.

While doing all this, you also have to uncover the deepest, darkest secrets of the girls in town so that you can affect them with your spells. When you feel confident that you have figured out a girl's secrets, confront her and reveal the knowledge you have uncovered at the precise time needed for maximum effect.

Long Live the Princess is not a linear game, and you might very well end up failing in your quest. Replaying will allow you to keep some of your abilities from the previous playthrough, increasing your chances of success the second time around. Can you find all the game's secrets?

Screenshots

Last edited by Belle on Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 43 times in total.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Rank 15
Rank 15

Short review, due to the game still being in a very early phase of production:

The story is very interesting, as it id set in a nice fantasy background, allowing quite a few possibilities in the future.

It is a mind control story. But instead of just using a "use skill/item x and make that girl suck your dick" it works with a bit different approach. Before You can control someone, you have to find out something to pressure them. For this You will gather clues, which you then have to use at the proper situation and by guessing the proper implications of those clues. A bit like a detective story, that is, and I like it very much

The graphics are fantastic. Way apart from the usualy games with DAZ 3d graphics, that all use the same models for characters, rooms etc.

I also had a look at the renpy code of the game and it looks as if the designer knows what he/she is doing. All very clean and easy to expand for future releases. Compared to some other games I've had a look at this one's coding is near perfect.

So my final result for the game is 4x :D out of :D :D :D :D :D (and the last one is only missing, so there is a chance to improve after further updates)

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:00 pm
Rank 9
Rank 9

T0mcat wrote:
Short review, due to the game still being in a very early phase of production:

The story is very interesting, as it id set in a nice fantasy background, allowing quite a few possibilities in the future.

It is a mind control story. But instead of just using a "use skill/item x and make that girl suck your dick" it works with a bit different approach. Before You can control someone, you have to find out something to pressure them. For this You will gather clues, which you then have to use at the proper situation and by guessing the proper implications of those clues. A bit like a detective story, that is, and I like it very much

The graphics are fantastic. Way apart from the usualy games with DAZ 3d graphics, that all use the same models for characters, rooms etc.

I also had a look at the renpy code of the game and it looks as if the designer knows what he/she is doing. All very clean and easy to expand for future releases. Compared to some other games I've had a look at this one's coding is near perfect.

So my final result for the game is 4x :D out of :D :D :D :D :D (and the last one is only missing, so there is a chance to improve after further updates)

Thanks for the review! I appreciate it.

It's refreshing to see someone actually commenting on the code itself, as that is a part of the game that most people never see. I'm a firm believer in creating a solid foundation before pushing in tons of content, so the code you saw was the result of that approach.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Rank 15
Rank 15

Belle wrote:
It's refreshing to see someone actually commenting on the code itself, as that is a part of the game that most people never see. I'm a firm believer in creating a solid foundation before pushing in tons of content, so the code you saw was the result of that approach.

Well, I ain't really a coder myself, but I learned a lot from looking at .rpy files and it helps a lot in a) finding a bug and reporting it to the creator and b) cheating in the game, because I'm lazy :mrgreen:

Most "Hobby Game Designers" don't go for the option of commenting (with # IIRC) in the code. Usually because they have a more... amateurish approach to code. And usually one can see that in the product they deliver ;)

From what You deliver, I have great hopes in this project and I will surely support it

Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:54 pm
Rank 9
Rank 9

T0mcat wrote:
Belle wrote:

Well, I ain't really a coder myself, but I learned a lot from looking at .rpy files and it helps a lot in a) finding a bug and reporting it to the creator and b) cheating in the game, because I'm lazy :mrgreen:

Most "Hobby Game Designers" don't go for the option of commenting (with # IIRC) in the code. Usually because they have a more... amateurish approach to code. And usually one can see that in the product they deliver ;)

From what You deliver, I have great hopes in this project and I will surely support it

Thank you. Software development is actually my day job, so I'm pretty used to it. Still, you'd be amazed at how often professional coders forget to comment their own code.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Rank 9
Rank 9

Version 0.20 has now been released for everyone. I have updated the links in the first post.

Changelog:

• New scenes for Primrose (featuring more than 60 new images).
  • The current day of the week is now shown when time progresses.
  • Disabled the loading of old saves to prevent crashes and story progression issues.
  • Lifted the time limit completely for now. It will be reintroduced in a later version.
  • Backgrounds now use JPG instead of PNG, reducing the size of the game on disk.
  • Tweaked clue names in the code to reduce the risk of accidental spoilers in case of crashes.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Rank 9
Rank 9

Version 0.3 is now out for patrons. I have updated the links in the first post to reflect this. 0.3 will be available to everyone in exactly one month, on December 28th.

Changelog:
  • Expanded main storyline.
  • New scenes with Belle.
  • New scenes with the Crone.
  • New scenes with Thaddeus.
  • Short new scenes with Evelyn, Callie, and Primrose.
  • Minor additions to Remove Inhibitions for Evelyn, Callie, and Primrose.
  • Revamped user interface now lets you access inventory, abilities, and see the current day and time.
  • Updated certain older scenes to utilize the new inventory system.
  • Also added ability restrictions to some of these scenes.
  • All rollback restrictions have been lifted for the time being.
  • Significant code changes to prepare for the loading of old saves in future versions of the game.
  • Added brief note when reaching the end of certain types of content. Because this is a non-linear game, such warnings will not appear for all content. If you find yourself grinding to discover new scenes, odds are you have seen everything.
  • Fixed a few typos.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Rank 9
Rank 9

Version 0.3.1 is now available to non-patrons. I have updated the download links in the first post for the new version.

Also, version 0.4.0 is available for patrons. Both versions got released on the same day by happy accident. Again, check the first post for links.

Changelog 0.4.0:
  • Added two new girls (Samarra and Nell) and some of their core events (featuring more than 110 new images). Please note that the new girls are not available until after a few days into the story.
  • Added the first stage of agility training.
  • Slightly expanded Callie's changing room scene.
  • Slightly expanded Evelyn's night scene.
  • Slightly expanded Primrose's night scene.
  • Loading old saves (from version 0.3.0 and up) should now work. Some changes may still cause old saves to break, depending on where you saved.
  • Updated graphics for Evelyn's night scenes.
  • Added text to show when an ability check is successful. Not all checks will display these messages.
  • Primrose's schedule extended beyond two weeks.
  • Minor tweaks to first conversation with Thaddeus if it occurs later than expected.
  • Placeholder next/previous page buttons on clue screen if you somehow have more than 15 clues.
  • Minor bugfixes

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Rank 9
Rank 9

Version 0.4.0 is now available to non-patrons. I have updated the download links in the first post for the new version.

Also, version 0.5.0 is available for patrons. Both versions got released on the same day by happy accident. Again. I swear I'm not doing it on purpose. :P Check the first post for links.

Changelog 0.5.0:
  • Agility training now goes up to level 4.
  • New mechanic for the Perversity abiilty.
  • Night scenes for Evelyn and Primrose fully implemented up to Agility 4 and Perversity 4.
  • Music: Added a main menu theme and a dynamic theme for spell logic. More music will be added in later versions.
  • SFX: Added a variety of different ambiances to spice up several locations. As with music, more will be added later.
  • Expanded the preferences menu with sliders for music, sound, and ambience, plus a mute button. Note that the Sound slider currently has no effect.
  • Added a new perspective to Samarra's sex scene.
  • Modified Evelyn's breast reveal scene.
  • Fixed a major problem with Samarra's hair, replacing many images from 0.4.
  • Bug fixes

Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Rank 9
Rank 9

Version 0.6.0 is now out for patrons. The public version of 0.5.0 will be coming on the 28th, and I will post another update here then. You can find links to 0.6 in the first post.

Changelog 0.6.0:
  • You can now train with the Crone so that you can reveal a person's large secrets.
  • Many new scenes for Evelyn, including her large secret.
  • New scenes for Thaddeus.
  • Courage training now goes up to level 3.
  • The abilities screen now displays the maximum available ability levels for the current version of the game.
  • Music: Added three new musical tracks.
  • Tweaked and improved a selection of early renders that weren't up to the standards of images made since then.
  • Minor tweaks and fixes.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next