View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Rogue-Like 
Rank 9
Rank 9

Hey, I haven't seen this game mentioned here, so I thought I'd share. I stumbled across this not too long ago, and have enjoyed playing it. IMO, it's pretty well written and has pretty good replay potential.

https://www.patreon.com/OniArtist/posts

Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:39 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

I'm interested in what this is. Is there a description or maybe some screenshots of the game somewhere? It seems all of the posts are Patron only posts, so I'm having difficulties seeing any info whatsoever.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:44 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

The "Rogue" is the one from X-Men. You're a mutant who negates powers, including hers (which is to steal other mutants' powers), making you uniquely capable of intimacy with her.

It's a Ren'Py game, where you get a set of time periods per day and have to decide what to do with them.

You get access to the game with a $1/month Patreon donation, so worst case scenario is you're out $1 if you don't like it.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:51 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

@Thanny

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:39 am
Rank 9
Rank 9

Sorry - didn't realize that all the posts describing the game were patron only.

IMO, it's well worth $1 to check it out and the creator is very responsive to questions.

Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:59 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Thanny wrote:
The "Rogue" is the one from X-Men. You're a mutant who negates powers, including hers (which is to steal other mutants' powers), making you uniquely capable of intimacy with her.

It's a Ren'Py game, where you get a set of time periods per day and have to decide what to do with them.

You get access to the game with a $1/month Patreon donation, so worst case scenario is you're out $1 if you don't like it.

You're pulling our legs, right? "Rogue-like" is a reference to the classic "Rogue" game, that was a dungeon crawl using ASCII graphics (like Dwarf Fortress). Please tell me you're joking.

Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:38 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

burning wrote:
Thanny wrote:

You're pulling our legs, right? "Rogue-like" is a reference to the classic "Rogue" game, that was a dungeon crawl using ASCII graphics (like Dwarf Fortress). Please tell me you're joking.

The game is centered on the character Rogue from X-Men. It's not actually a rogue-like.

I didn't mention the pun because I didn't feel compelled to brag about how knowledgeable I am of gaming history. Anyone who's put as many hours as I have into Nethack would consider the play on words obvious and not worth pointing out.

But enjoy your cookie for being in on the joke.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:20 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

Thanny wrote:
burning wrote:
Thanny wrote:

The game is centered on the character Rogue from X-Men. It's not actually a rogue-like.

I didn't mention the pun because I didn't feel compelled to brag about how knowledgeable I am of gaming history. Anyone who's put as many hours as I have into Nethack would consider the play on words obvious and not worth pointing out.

But enjoy your cookie for being in on the joke.

That's a terrible joke. Thanks for saving me a dollar.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:07 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

burning wrote:

That's a terrible joke. Thanks for saving me a dollar.

lol, it's actually an alright little game... not much really to it though. Also the "animation" is laughable at best. He takes a drawing of the girl, cuts a hole for the mouth and moves it up and down on the penis hahaha I died laughing when i first saw it. Still it's a way to kill an hour and laugh a bit at the cheese factor of it all.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]