View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Princess Trainer Gold edition 2.03 
Rank 15
Rank 15

Dickster wrote:
I very much doubt Akabur will ever return to WT. It's my firm believe that the whole "leak-and-hissy-fit" episode was just Akabur giving up on the project for good and dumping what he had.

Doesn't sound like that in his forum.
He seems to be working on Magic Shop:GE first, though. But his comments to posts with suggestions considering WT sound like he will come back to it for a Gold Edition, too (somewhen in the far future :D )

Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:25 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

If a WT Gold comes out, I expect to have grandkids by then.
The frustrating thing is that Aka could have made a lot of truly great games if he had just had some work discipline, stuck to drawing (with Dahr) and getting pervy ideas and then have someone else do the coding. Renpy isn't rocket science, but if you look at the code in the original WT it's a total mess....which it took Duncanmac about 24 hours to clean up AND add stuff in BT.
The code in PT is a mess as well BTW - good thing Python is so forgiving.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:24 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

That's actually part of the problem with forgiving languages - they encourage bad coding habits.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:56 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Dickster wrote:
If a WT Gold comes out, I expect to have grandkids by then.

That might be the reason for me having a different opinion - I'm old enough that I already could have grandkids by now :mrgreen:

Dickster wrote:
The frustrating thing is that Aka could have made a lot of truly great games if he had just had some work discipline, stuck to drawing (with Dahr) and getting pervy ideas and then have someone else do the coding. Renpy isn't rocket science, but if you look at the code in the original WT it's a total mess....which it took Duncanmac about 24 hours to clean up AND add stuff in BT.
The code in PT is a mess as well BTW - good thing Python is so forgiving.

I don't know shit about coding...
I don't know Akabur IRL so I can't say much about his work ethics and his personality or asume anything about it.

I played Princess Trainer:GE, Witch Trainer (vanilla and two modded versions) and Magic Shop... and all I can say is, that none of the mods I've played made Witch Trainer better. Yes, some stuff was added, but it did not fit the style that Akabur uses in words and pictures.

As it is, I can wait a year or two for a Magic Shop:GE... I'm quite patient - why else would I still be a fan of XMoon's program. I'd rather have a good game in three years, than a mediocre one in six months...

Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:50 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Yeah Akbur is really good at visualizing and planning the game then making it happen. He does contemplative work than bangs it out when it's done cooking in his brain :D . Some see procrastination, I see a perverted genius with the mouse running on the wheel in his brain. As long as the game comes out and isn't just rushed together crap I'm happy. I'd love it if he were to make a game a year steadily of the same quality as PT's gameplay.

@T0mcat my thoughts exactly.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:43 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

oh...prolly should have mentioned that my daughter is 17, so the grandkids aren't _that_ far away, I guess (could have sworn she was 5 only yesterday, though).

I used to back Aka on Patreon for quite a while but completely lost it when he started overdoing the fundraising bit and didn't do any apparent work on WT...plenty of inflamed threads about that on other fora, so won't bring it here as well. Stopped all backing on Patreon as a result, but have lately considered helping out Dahr with a few $

Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2