View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 4
Rank 4

The only action on this forum is from customers.

xpadmin is missing in action. xmoonproductions is missing in action.

This is a take the money and run scenario.

Attachments:
File comment: Paying customers. Xmoon made a promise and did not deliver. Version 3.5 released 2013... Four years later? But what can be done? Find them--sue them?
4yrs_later.JPG
4yrs_later.JPG [ 34.37 KiB | Viewed 11986 times ]
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:18 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

:FacePalm

XMoonProductions has never promised a release date, In fact they said there is no release date because they have no idea how long making the new engine will take

xpadmin wrote:
We initially thought developing the deferred rendered (with all effects), would take no more than 4 months. It was 8 months.
So making a planning is not easy if you do not know exactly what lies ahead. This is the reason an release date will not be given.

Personally i would like them to take their time and make the best engine they can instead of rushing through it and producing a AAA quality
(see what i did there i make a joke because most AAA games now days are rushed/deadlined and are a joke)

xpadmin wrote:
I will however update on the state of the development more frequently.

They did say they would update us more frequently and i wish they would
However they are under no obligation to do so and when they feel they are ready to show us stuff they will

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:32 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

Thank you Eskarn for your reply I'm glad some do understand what is going on.I didn't know how to put it you did a great job :mrgreen:

Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:13 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

Quoting the same 10 month old message over and over again doesn't really help either. It's a fact that developers of this game are missing in action and no one knows anything about the future of this game. It's kinda sad because it really was so far ahead of its competition, even with the old engine. Personally I would have prefered to see frequent updates and expansions on this one instead of waiting literally years for a completely new version.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:28 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

john_0815 wrote:
Quoting the same 10 month old message over and over again doesn't really help either. It's a fact that developers of this game are missing in action and no one knows anything about the future of this game. It's kinda sad because it really was so far ahead of its competition, even with the old engine. Personally I would have prefered to see frequent updates and expansions on this one instead of waiting literally years for a completely new version.

signed

But Eskarn is right too. A goot thing between both would be nice.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:38 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

I don't think the delay is a good thing... There is a lot of nice adult games using unit and other engines in development, the competition is there, i don't know the size of this market, but there is a lot of adult games arriving.

The delay just make us forget games from X Moon... Is not just about keeping the hype on, is more about to keep the people looking to your game and not the other, and showing that they care we will care, but that is just my opinion.

I still remember bonetown case, they stop giving feedback for a long time and when they give any feedback was very arrogant, them they release the crap bonecraft or something like that and now they are just dead.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:06 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

Honestly I understand the anger of a lot of people on here. They could at least post something, anything letting us know they are alive Even if it was just a post saying "We are not dead.". On a somewhat regular basis. Hell I would even be fine with once every two months but its been much much longer then that. I am still looking forward for the next release no matter how long it takes. Thanks for all the great work you guys do.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:44 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

not that long ago since I reported having messaged him and gotten a positive response. just sayin'.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:15 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

We can think what ever we want but its the ones that work with xmoon production that will do as they think is right.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:16 am
Rank 10
Rank 10

If only complaints about the speed of development could be used to develop games....

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 84  Next