View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 better overview/user inferface (forum) 
Rank 18
Rank 18

it would be cool when all available mods listed pinned to top of forum in mods divided in cloth, textures, characters, toys/machines, dungeon, animations etc.

off course with picture and compatible version, name of modder, link to topic of the mod etc.

and wiki and tutorials of modders should be pinned on top of the forum

according to come more and more topics we need to make a better overview these things which are important /often used should have direct access

Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:37 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

I wanted to make a post to talk about this for a long time.
indeed mods should be (at least) separated in 2 differents subforums:
- mod release
- mod discussion

Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:52 pm
Rank 18
Rank 18

@laissemoirire agree

Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:41 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

yeah fully agree with this

Maybe a name convention like
[3.5][Texture]
[3.x][Mod]
[3.5][Story]

etc for the releases

Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:22 am
Rank 18
Rank 18

@xpadmin ?

Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:40 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Maybe in the modding section just pin the working mods.

I noticed this idea on loverslab, a forum dedicated mostly to Bethesda Games (skyrim and fallout) erotic mods.

Btw the way they are organised makes me think we could mod a bit different. Skyrim has sexlab as a framework so all new mods are made using premade functions and animations. But in XSP everyone is modding alone mostly. Im thinking we could combine a set of animations, a new scene, sets of props, brain, something like a new framework (I know the game offers it already but why not make an improved one getting our ideas together instead of asking)

Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:46 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Being from the early days of hongfire myself i can defiantly attest to the effectiveness of that format.
But this site isn't there yet. Hongfire has a full staff of moderators to police those standards. We have XPadmin, who does a fine job but we are a pretty calm and small group at the moment. Also we don't quite have enough mods and modders to fill all those categories so alot of those subforums would go stagnant.. which would lead to people posing in more active sections.. which would lead to threads needing to be moved by a mod... you can see where i'm going here. I agree and want this for this site as well, But to grow the site we need to make it as active as possible in all section. For now while where small simply having a mods section that is a one size fits all is sufficient. When that gets full within the day is when you make a change like that. Doing it now is a bit premature... our modding section is only 11 pages long.

Release and discussion should be the only two if we do here at all. even then were going to see alot of bleed over.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:15 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

Well said.

Btw I wondered these days if we could push the modding into hongfire and loverslab forums. I was thinking on this in an advertising perspective. These 2 are very strong forums.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:26 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

loki wrote:
Well said.

Btw I wondered these days if we could push the modding into hongfire and loverslab forums. I was thinking on this in an advertising perspective. These 2 are very strong forums.

I have posted about this game on both of those. Loverlab was surprisingly disinterested in 2014. Haven't tried recently, but i keep my eye out for it there and interject the idea when i can. The issue is, there it's mostly skyrim and fallout based with a hint of the sims when a new version comes out, unless this game could use those meshes with a simple conversion tool.. or this game used the xp32 skeleton itself, they aren't coming aboard just yet. Hongfire is definitely more receptive and it's more there style of game also the guys at the mods garden seemed pretty hyped.

Right now we still have a slow product, the sex part is there, it's great, but the models still move like they are walking on the bottom of the sea. I hope the new engine improves that and we get some good promo videos to spread around. 4.0 can be a huge boost for this forum if that engine does what we all hope it will. I'd say keep the conversations going on those forums with news of mods available here. And wait for some promo vids to make the push and start new threads on those. If we push it too hard now and people who expect to run like they are playing skyrim they won't bite, those who would already have. Worst case scenario we get too many shit talkers and the thread becomes toxic. Best case we make screenshot threads and spread them everywhere showing off the sex and bdsm aspects that every other game sucks at and this one kicks ass at.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:55 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

What would suffice is if Xpadmin created a post and made it a sticky in the mods thread. In the sticky could be made a list of the current mods (with url links) listing the different types; clothing, story, skins, dungeons, multi packs, etc. Similar to what Munky did in the dungeon ex pack that listed all the mods in it and their respective pages.

That way the creators can still update their thread and mods without the need to update the sticky, and new ones can be added easily. It would be a nice reference of what all the mods are in one place without trolling through pages to find them. Also if one or more of the mods gets integrated into the main game, like some of the clothing ones, they can be removed from the sticky list to avoid people downloading duplicate items which can lead to crashes/bugs etc.

In the short term a sticky post would be fine, in the long term if the community grows and there are too many mods for the sticky (xpadmin to moderate) then sub-forums can be created.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next