View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Content Rules for Shared Stories 
Rank 7
Rank 7

My understanding is that content created with the Story Editor (if that stretch goal should be reached) would be shared on a service hosted by XMP, with the possibility of the author earning some money from interested players. (I seem to recall reading something to that effect, but I can't find mention of it on the Offbeatr page, so I'm not sure where.)

Obviously, if this is so, it would put some pressure on XMP to enforce some rules on what the content may entail. Out of curiosity, have these been thought through to some extent? Also, is it too early to say whether stories might be shared privately (that is, outside XMP's service)? I imagine it would be a EULA violation for the author to charge for it at that point, of course.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

At first most modding will be for fun I think. We will work towards a mechanism that allows sharing of the models in more advanced ways later on.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:24 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

Hm, I'm not sure what I'm remembering, then. Thanks.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

You are not mistaken. We do want to work towards a situation where people can also build and sell their own stories.

But the first phase will be 'modding for fun' instead of seriously building new stories by third parties I think.
So you are correct that we do need a secure mechanism to allow people their content not be copied when they build stories that will be sold online.

We have ideas on how to do this, but first we want people to be able the mod, and then we will work this out further.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]