View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Questions about modding in current engine and future 
Rank 3
Rank 3

Hello!

I'm very soon getting into a situation were I can work much much less and keep the same living standard.
Problem is I have no "normal people" hobbies other then gaming to fill out the extra spare time! (Approx 1000-1600hours/year)
I always been amazed what some people can do with modding (Skyrim as one of many examples), interested and wanted to learn but had absolutely no time.
Then I stumbled onto this game wish seems to have possibilites that others don't. Like softskin and a real storyline!
So it got me thinking that now is a very good time to learn.

I been in a very long relationship with an amazing chick that is an erotic novel author and also into all kind of roleplaying games.
My plan is making stories based on her novels and her kinks into virtual reality, thought it would be a gift she might like.

Is there any limitations in the current engine I should think of before starting up?
Is it possible to write a story in a fashion of what came with the products, with proper tools accessable to the public of course?
I got some experience in basic scripting but none in 3D or animations but I'm quick picking stuff up, suggestions what tools to learn to make it possible now and future updates?
How different will scripting in 3.5 and 4.0 be? I read they working on a very new engine which sounds amazingly cool look at what current one seems to be able to do!

I'll get into the modding tutorials right after I caught some sleep and finished all the ingame stories!

Thanks! (and Sorry for bad grammar and if I asked questions that already explained well in the tutorials/forum.)

Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:28 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello,

Adding new cloths is pretty straightforward. Also adding a new scene like a room (with simple objects) is pretty easy.
Adding a new character is however far more difficult.

Controlling the behavior of the characters and scripting them to create a new story is not straightforward at the moment.
So adding a new story is not easy.

This is one of the reasons we are building a new engine. In it these shortcomings will be fixed.
It will be a while before this new engine is released.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Hi

If you really want to learn and make story's id be more then happy to help
Or even discuss if certain things are possible to add
(spent just over a year learning this engine)

Everything is really hard to learn at first but once you know what you are doing and the way this engine is structured it opens up so many possibility
It just depends on what the story's are but most things are able to be implemented

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:20 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

Eskarn wrote:
Hi

If you really want to learn and make story's id be more then happy to help
Or even discuss if certain things are possible to add
(spent just over a year learning this engine)

Everything is really hard to learn at first but once you know what you are doing and the way this engine is structured it opens up so many possibility
It just depends on what the story's are but most things are able to be implemented

Appreciate the offer! Ill not bug you unless I'm totally lost :)

Havent decided which one yet, might be forced to pick some of her unpublished works to avoid legal problems, its gonna be alot of dialogs as starter and couple of sex scenes were most animations already are ingame except doggystyle/crawl doesnt seems to work well atm, spooning not sure if possible, uhm can the game save a characters location/pose once you leave an area, uhm like the static in the brain? ah well i figure it out later :)

Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:49 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

xpadmin wrote:
Hello,

Adding new cloths is pretty straightforward. Also adding a new scene like a room (with simple objects) is pretty easy.

Controlling the behavior of the characters and scripting them to create a new story is not straightforward at the moment.

This is one of the reasons we are building a new engine. In it these shortcomings will be fixed.

So its gonna be real hard but not impossible, good enough for me :)

Guess I'll not sit and wait for 4.0 then^

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:01 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

fc2015 wrote:
its gonna be alot of dialogs as starter and couple of sex scenes were most animations already are ingame except doggystyle/crawl doesnt seems to work well atm, spooning not sure if possible, uhm can the game save a characters location/pose once you leave an area, uhm like the static in the brain? ah well i figure it out later :)

Story's are really nice for adding in animations because you don't have the dynamics of the dungeons
All you have to do is trigger the animations and finish when you want then you move onto the next part

The character has 2 states standing or lying down (not to sure if more can be added if so ignore the rest) so spooning is impossible unless you flip the world 90 degrees lock the players movements and rotation and animate the girl on her side giving the illusion that your both on your sides

Yes you can save a characters location and pose

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:14 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

xpadmin wrote:
Hello,

Curious, but was UE4 a dead end for you guys? I am learning it and planning on using for a game myself. Be curious to know what struggles you had if any with that engine.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:21 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

Eskarn wrote:
fc2015 wrote:
its gonna be alot of dialogs as starter and couple of sex scenes were most animations already are ingame except doggystyle/crawl doesnt seems to work well atm, spooning not sure if possible, uhm can the game save a characters location/pose once you leave an area, uhm like the static in the brain? ah well i figure it out later :)

Story's are really nice for adding in animations because you don't have the dynamics of the dungeons
All you have to do is trigger the animations and finish when you want then you move onto the next part

The character has 2 states standing or lying down (not to sure if more can be added if so ignore the rest) so spooning is impossible unless you flip the world 90 degrees lock the players movements and rotation and animate the girl on her side giving the illusion that your both on your sides

Yes you can save a characters location and pose

About spooning that what I kinda was planing, I pick the animation for standing sex, and flip it to the side, it'll be close enough I guess. Yet far from doing it, but hey im learning!
Was a similiar action in v2.1 when the black stripper and the character lay im bed, just figure out what was going there and im closer :)

About saving the pose and location is great if you wanna lock the character in a cage or something and want her to stay there :)

Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]