View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 [Request] HTC Vive Support 
Rank 2
Rank 2

I support this request. Vive is the "better rift" and I ordered it today.

Edit:
I think the vive uses a open source api which is also supported by the rift. But the rift have two way of support: the open one and the closed source oculus api. If this is right, it´s possible to support both headsets by using the os api?

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:39 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

starfire2016 wrote:
I support this request. Vive is the "better rift" and I ordered it today.
I think the vive uses a open source api which is also supported by the rift. But the rift have two way of support: the open one and the closed source oculus api. If this is right, it´s possible to support both headsets by using the os api?

Indeed, the API is called OpenVR and it allows you to target both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. It is the same thing as SteamVR, just without Steam. Valve has also announced co-operation with Open Source Virtual Reality (OSVR) project (Razer headset). Of course it is not as simple as that, but apparently workable: http://www.roadtovr.com/making-valves-o ... -headsets/

From business point of view going with OpenVR/SteamVR seems a much better choice than Oculus Rift, because Valve profits from maximal device compatibility with SteamVR, and does not really care who makes the devices, whereas Oculus Rift is much more about the device itself. You may want to wait a while and let the dust settle first though.

Full disclosure: I have preordered a HTC Vive headset.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:52 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Thanks for your useful statement and the helpfull source. So let´s hope that xmoonplayer will support the vive. I´m annoyed about playing it laggy at my old notebook. I bought the new system and waiting for the vive.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:46 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

After looking around and checking out the two devices, which I don't own as of yet, I think the Vive is going to be the better of the Oculus, personally. That being said, the Vive is also more expensive. I'm glad that xmoon will support it if there are enough users who want it. The only problem is that right now, the price of these things are quite expensive. I believe I've heard it called "Enthusiast Price". It's a new technology and thus will be expensive. Like every new video card, 1440p monitor, 4k monitor, SSD, etc. After a couple of years the price will certainly go down a bit and the average user will be able to afford it.

So far, the Vive is what I've got my sights on. It's expensive now, but when it goes to a more reasonable price I'll likely be buying it. Our dollar is pretty shit at the moment.

I like the way the controls are used, I like the space you can use. Can you imagine walking around one of the ladies in-game, using the controllers as the mouse? Pick up one of the chains and attach, actually unbutton a button, actually have better control of the dildo. The "hands" that some people wanted to see added would actually come to pass. The only way it could get better is if there was some form of feedback pressure. But that's a whole new set of hardware.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:06 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

Yeah, XStoryPlayer would be awesome in room-scale VR with hand controller tracking (a hand controller would in VR become whatever toy you are currently wielding). Instead of the current dungeon you could make several mini-dungeons that each fit in the VR play area and each have a single purpose, like one for the stocks, one for the fucking machine, one for the chains, one for the bed, one for the toilet and so on (and some teleport-like mechanism for moving between them). The stories would be more difficult to adapt though, current VR does not fit walking long distances very well. The omni-directional treadmills haven't really made a breakthrough yet.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:28 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

juddre wrote:
Yeah, XStoryPlayer would be awesome in room-scale VR with hand controller tracking (a hand controller would in VR become whatever toy you are currently wielding). Instead of the current dungeon you could make several mini-dungeons that each fit in the VR play area and each have a single purpose, like one for the stocks, one for the fucking machine, one for the chains, one for the bed, one for the toilet and so on (and some teleport-like mechanism for moving between them). The stories would be more difficult to adapt though, current VR does not fit walking long distances very well. The omni-directional treadmills haven't really made a breakthrough yet.

There's a teleport function in a game or two that I've seen done with it. Really, you wouldn't need to have the mini-rooms since there's enough buttons on the controllers to use a teleport. Just point, hold button until you're aiming where you wanna go and release! I do see the use of the mini-dungeons all the same however. But making them to scale of each user's room wouldn't be possible. Some of us can play in a living room, some of us can play in a bedroom.

But hey, we can make use of the joystick function and stop using the joystick when we're in an area we want to be in. It would take a little getting used to, but it's easily done.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:51 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

So is there any news on this from the developer? Between the Rift and the Vive, I feel like the Vive would totally be the perfect choice for this type of game! Having owned mine for about a month now, I gotta say that the feeling of immersion is amazing with room-scale tracking.

Quote:
Imagine having Saiko standing in front of you, at her natural height. Due to the scale, you would actually feel like there is a person standing in front of you. With the tracking, you can then walk all around her, or bend down to look up her skirt (or down her blouse). You can undress her using your hands thanks to the tracked controllers. With the tracking, you can walk over to the table on your left which has all the sex toys you can imagine, pick them up with your hands, then walk back over to Saiko (who is making eye-contact with you, and facial expressions) and have some fun.

Doing this with an Xbox controller on the Rift just wouldn't be possible!

There is currently a severe shortage of native (non-video) adult content for the HTC Vive. If support were added to this game, I would gladly pay the price of a full AAA title for the plugin alone ($59.99), and I'd imagine many other Vive owners would do as well. It's just too intriguing a concept to pass up, even for those who have never played an adult game before.

Anyways, I just hope the dev doesn't commit too much to the Rift at this point. Even though the CV1 has a higher resolution and is more comfortable to wear, the Vive is lightyears ahead in terms of everything else (including fun!). Also, Valve's OpenVR SDK is pretty straightforward to use, and isn't limited to just Vive support; it also supports the CV1. Plus, there is no supply shortage for the HTC Vive. If you buy one today, you'll probably get it within a month at the latest.

Sat May 28, 2016 3:52 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Did buy Vive today.

Mon May 30, 2016 9:01 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

the moment this game gets Vive support I'm buying it again.

Mon May 30, 2016 11:00 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Impresive the day after i orded Vive they sent it to me, with som luck i get it tomorrow :)

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next