View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 My suggestions for going forward 
Rank 13
Rank 13

Here is my vision of how this game could be made into the best adult game ever. I think you already do so many things right, so the least I can do for you is to share my thoughts. :)

To make this game the success it deserves to be, I think this game should go through these stages:

1. Work on perfecting the sandbox mode.
  2. Open up to mods, to get the community to contribute new clothes, hairstyles, skins, locations, tools, stories. A loyal and contributing community will make a huge difference in the long run.
  3. Make more stories. You are great at it, so it would be cool to see more!
  4. Mature sandbox mode and mods. Add more features, listen to requests from modding community.
  5. Introduce a simulated environment with a few locations (home, stripbar, school, ?) and limited number of AI girls that you can interact with and make your lovers/friends/enemies.
  6. See where it's going and focus your efforts on what seems to be the most popular aspect of the game. Is it sandbox mode, where people can dress the girl up? Is it story mode, where people can try some fun stuff and have a challenge getting the girl/ cool new scenes? Or is it the simulated environment that most people are interested in exploring?

Stage 1: Perfecting the sandbox mode
I know that you're already working hard on improving girl interactions. Below is my prioritized list of suggestions for the first stage.

1. Girl interactions. (This is the most important feature and we know you're already working on it.)
    How I envision it: The girl will now interact with your thrusting, by slightly moving head/thrusting back at you. In addition the girl can be asked to "do me" (will work when inserted in any opening) and she will move head/thrust ambitiously and will keep doing it as long as a tool/guy's thing is "within range".
  2. Girl climax. Not much to say here, besides that I'd rather see that it's her pose, wetting, facial expression, breathing and actions reflect her arousal state than a climax meter.
  3. Pose mode. Tell the girl to relax and you can move/pose her like in puppet mode. Tell her to resume and she will remain in place and interact normally in the new pose. This mode can be started from any position, like standing.
  4. Girl in control positions (cowgirl). She will sit on top and do the most of the work (if a tool/guy's thing is "within range").
    How I envision it: There's a problem in the game with the MC not being able to lie down, which also goes for missionary or trying to "mount" a girl lying down. It should be solved by a lie down feature, where the guy's thing can be moved to almost floor level.
  5. AI. The girl should have a mind of their own and will start doing you (or herself) if you leave them for too long (if aroused).
  6. Customizations. For starters a breast size and build slider (skinny->voluptuous) would be great. It would be fine to just select any predefined face initially. Next would be a few face sliders (eyes, mouth, nose sliders). If you want to focus even more on customization I would suggest looking into more personalities, a height slider and much more detailed body/face sliders.
  7. Place a mirror to get a better view. It would be great to be able to produce a mirror that can be put at any position, even on the floor. This would offset some of the limitations of the first person only mode. I can live with the guy being invisible and that it's only his thing that's showing, but maybe I'm a minority here.
  8. Ahegao. It would be great if the girl climax could be turned into a minigame in itself, where you can drive the girl wild aka ahegao mode. This could be caused by different things (pain, penetration, ?), depending on the girl personality.

Well I guess that's the things I see as the most important to make the game "come alive" and seem much more matured. I know that a few of them will be a lot of work. That's why I put them in stages, where some of the later stages can be postponed until a later time.

Regarding payment I think you should think consider asking for renewed payment each time you make a significant update. It would be great to offer a starter package (like what we have now) for $9, be able to add more advanced features for another $9, AI would be another $9, customizations another $9, modding would be another $9 and so on. Newcomers could then maybe buy it all for $39 or buy/add any combination of features for $9 each.

Phew! That was a lot! Thanks for staying with me for this long rant. I hope that you can use this feedback. :)

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:13 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Inquisitor,

1) Work on perfecting the sandbox mode.
With the sandbox mode, I assume you mean the "fast sex" mode. This mode was added to allow people who find the stories too difficult, (or don't like stories) to have some quick fun as well. This mode is being improved 'automatically' with each new version, because the add-ons are reflected in it.

2) Open up to mods, to get the community to contribute new clothes, hairstyles, skins, locations, tools, stories. A loyal and contributing community will make a huge difference in the long run.
We want to open at least the textures and scripting in a future release. The clothes, hairstyles, locations etc, require also modelling on part of user. So depending on success that will opened in future if needed.

3) Make more stories. You are great at it, so it would be cool to see more!
Thanks, we will for sure!

4) Mature sandbox mode and mods. Add more features, listen to requests from modding community.
We will!

5) Introduce a simulated environment with a few locations (home, stripbar, school, ?) and limited number of AI girls that you can interact with and make your lovers/friends/enemies.
See where it's going and focus your efforts on what seems to be the most popular aspect of the game. Is it sandbox mode, where people can dress the girl up? Is it story mode, where people can try some fun stuff and have a challenge getting the girl/ cool new scenes? Or is it the simulated environment that most people are interested in exploring?

The idea of creating an environment (persistant RPG) with a lot of freedom for adult fun is our eventual goal. So multiple characters, more locations, better AI. But we are far from there at the moment. Our plan is to gradually move towards that.

Stage 1: Perfecting the sandbox mode
I know that you're already working hard on improving girl interactions. Below is my prioritized list of suggestions for the first stage.

Your list contains a lot of elements we are working on.

Regarding payment I think you should think consider asking for renewed payment each time you make a significant update. It would be great to offer a starter package (like what we have now) for $9, be able to add more advanced features for another $9, AI would be another $9, customizations another $9, modding would be another $9 and so on. Newcomers could then maybe buy it all for $39 or buy/add any combination of features for $9 each.

We want to keep the price market conform compared to other (non adult) games. People expect a lot when they buy a game (because large studios can reach a large audience), and we want XStoryPlayer to meet these expectations (given the price). When the game is expanded further, price may change (but not in the near future).

On a general note I would like to say again that we are a small company, so releasing new versions takes some time. But they will come!

Thanks for thinking with us! :)

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:38 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

I was beginning to worry that you wouldn't make it! I see some elements from the better parts of Artificial Girl in this list.

It's a nice list. It's not extremely innovative, but it's very realistic in what the developers would be able to provide. I agree that opening up the game to modding would help a lot. The only problem I see for that would be gaining the interest of those who are already skilled in those areas. Hopefully enough people will see this game's potential.

Really, it's a good blueprint for the game's future. I'm interested in how the devs would make ahegao look. So, color me excited for that one!

Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:21 pm
Rank 11
Rank 11

With modding and user contribution the user base will increase so will the longevity of the game. Oblivion for example is a really old game compared to wants on the market. However the game has a vibrant modding community and large user following who are not modders. AG3 for example has a good modding community but it also has a huge non modding community that supports it. The idea is get as large a user base as possible. The larger the base the more revenues can be generated. Fortunately for Xstoryplayer there is a strong fan base who are contributing ideas and spreading the word. It only a matter of time when we reach critical mass and start to grow organically.

We also fortunate that we have a fan base wanting this game to succeed and a developer that has kept up with the pulse of the community. As such I do believe its only a matter of time before we start making really big waves on the adult gaming community around the web :)

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:21 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

I never tried to be innovative. My idea was to share what I think would be the easiest route to create a foundation for something awesome that these great guys can make a lot of money from. That's why the last stage is basically "see where this is going and put your effort in the most lucrative part"... ;)

Even if only the first few stages in my post are completed then the guys will have a foundation not only for creating great stories with interactive (not just scripted) characters, and they can take the game in any direction because it could be basically any game you can dream up with the core features in place and properly matured.

xpadmin wrote:
1) Work on perfecting the sandbox mode.
With the sandbox mode, I assume you mean the "fast sex" mode. This mode was added to allow people who find the stories too difficult, (or don't like stories) to have some quick fun as well. This mode is being improved 'automatically' with each new version, because the add-ons are reflected in it.

With sandbox I mean radically improve the basic interactions of/with the girl. There are sandbox moments in the stories. These would be much more interesting if the girl wasn't so static. You already did great things (which I guess was quite a challenge!), like the auto seek feature and her opening the mouth if something is about to penetrate, but there is still some way to go before this mode will be really great.

xpadmin wrote:
2) Open up to mods, to get the community to contribute new clothes, hairstyles, skins, locations, tools, stories. A loyal and contributing community will make a huge difference in the long run.
We want to open at least the textures and scripting in a future release. The clothes, hairstyles, locations etc, require also modelling on part of user. So depending on success that will opened in future if needed.

Please don't underestimate the skills of modders. Advanced 3D modeling and so on is not beyond what modders can do! But I think it's a great idea that you intend to open up only for very some simple stuff at first. We don't want you guys to get too much slowed down by supporting mods! :)

btw, I dunno if you know about it, but (besides Oblivion and Japanese H games) a great example of how user contributions can add a great amount of replay value and loyalty is if you try some of the contributions made by modders on the "the company that must not be named" modding scene, w w w. g a m e r o t i c a. c o m. I haet the game and everything about it, but you'd be amazed how that long-dead-and-completely-rotten old horse can be whipped to look like something that actually looks somewhat alive. :O

xpadmin wrote:
5) Introduce a simulated environment with a few locations (home, stripbar, school, ?) and limited number of AI girls that you can interact with and make your lovers/friends/enemies.
See where it's going and focus your efforts on what seems to be the most popular aspect of the game. Is it sandbox mode, where people can dress the girl up? Is it story mode, where people can try some fun stuff and have a challenge getting the girl/ cool new scenes? Or is it the simulated environment that most people are interested in exploring?

The idea of creating an environment (persistant RPG) with a lot of freedom for adult fun is our eventual goal. So multiple characters, more locations, better AI. But we are far from there at the moment. Our plan is to gradually move towards that.

Thanks for letting us know that you aim to go in that direction. :D My post was intended as a kind of road map leading to achieving that ultimately, so it's really great news for me.

The great thing about it is that if you have AI and some RPG elements in place, it will be much easier to make really interesting stories. These could be one-off (meaning you only get that +10 in Stamina if you do the 50 push-ups before you have to do the main babe), but it can also be persistent meaning your character can increase his stats by completing stories. :b

Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:29 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Inquisitor wrote:
With sandbox I mean radically improve the basic interactions of/with the girl. There are sandbox moments in the stories. These would be much more interesting if the girl wasn't so static. You already did great things (which I guess was quite a challenge!), like the auto seek feature and her opening the mouth if something is about to penetrate, but there is still some way to go before this mode will be really great.

Our main focus is on this at the moment. We want the characters to become less static, and are looking into the possibilities to combining physics and motion-capture to realize this.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:36 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

I like your list, Inquisitor. A lot of it was what I was thinking about when I first loaded up the full game. I can't wait to see what they've done in 2.2 ~nodnods~

Tue May 21, 2013 10:45 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

Mdritch wrote:
I like your list, Inquisitor. A lot of it was what I was thinking about when I first loaded up the full game. I can't wait to see what they've done in 2.2 ~nodnods~

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply, but I've been awfully busy with other stuff these last few months. I too can't wait for the next update.

Re-reading my first post I still think it holds up. From what I see on the next update progress videos the X moon guys are working hard to make our dreams come to reality!! :)

I predict that this game is going to set a new standard. It will almost certainly spark a revolution of adult games. One which has been long awaited and will set things in motion... :D

EDIT: If requested I'd ofc want to elaborate of the next stages in development of this great game!

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:02 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@Inquisitor

Most (if not all) features you mention are being worked on as it is.

I am not sure about the idea of offering differently priced versions.
I think for every user to have the same version could be better (so everyone can potentially customize if they want too).

The new version would then for example be 15 dollars and include all features.

Thanks for thinking with us!

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:25 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

mod ability is a great asset to any game :) getting the community to be a part also helps keep it alive and allows for creative inputs :) also customization for both pc and npcs help serve everyone's interests and desires on both long and short term.

one thing i would love is having the expanded (sandbox) campaign in, preferably with the option to play as a girl and not necessarily be the only active character in a scene e.g. having your partner take some initiative and fuck back, also the 'option' to get pregnant or make girls pregnant, have tentacle monsters impregnate girls or even the (female only?) pc.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next