View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Better textures for Girls and whole envoirment 
Rank 12
Rank 12

XStory Player wins through creating immersion and letting the player interact with the girls and the surroundings naturally.
The biggest problem i see , especially for XStory Player getting better quality wise is the catoony looking textures of the girls bodies and most of the envoirment.

Please try to make the girls look more realistic. Please do a texture run on the girls and all the objects of the envoirment, like Walls, sofas, toys, general furniture.

Just have a look at such models :
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35267/
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24061/

I know it would be very time consuming to do this especially since you have limited resources but the appearence of the girls is one of the most important things ,
if not the most important thing in this kind of game where all your interaction is focused on these girls.
If you don´t have the time or ressources , you could contact the creators of these models and ask them to texture your assets.

In general please attempt to shift the graphical style from this unpleasent and artificial looking cartoony look to a realistic style.

Tue May 21, 2013 6:44 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

People wouldn't put that much work into this game without an interest. The reason Bethesda games get all those mods are because of the large following they have. I don't think there's ever been an adult game that's had a large enough following to get modders who would do something like this for free.

Surely there will be mods if and when the developers open up the textures and such, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything like this.

Not to mention, most of what you're enjoying out of these things aren't the textures, but the lighting, shadows, and post-effects. While XStoryPlayer has amazing physics, it doesn't have the kind of things to get what you're asking for. It's already got plenty of high resolution textures. Those aren't a problem on the objects.

The physics alone can be resource heavy. If they were to add these things, they'd have to be options with different levels. Options that many users might not even be able to handle.

Tue May 21, 2013 7:29 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Its mainly the lighting that makes the images look nice. I am not sure but they could be ray-traced.

The second image looks more real time 3d.

An engine that comes very close to ray-tracing is the unreal engine.

But with current hardware and state of our engine we will not be able to produce this quality soon.

Tue May 21, 2013 8:33 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

The two pictures you see are pictures from real Skyrim mods . And they were made by modders and work without lowering the FPS so much.
Such textures and grahpics are possible today.
Please try to improve the models and overall graphics engine.

Just have a look at the links and SkyrimNexus in general and you´ll see whats possible !

Tue May 21, 2013 9:40 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

I actually enjoy the artstyle of Xstory, and its definitely better than default Skyrim models. The lighting and shadows is what makes those shots look somewhat superior. Xstory is far from cartoony, something like Illusion graphics is more cartoony I'd say. I wouldn't be surprised if Samantha has a higher polycount than those models.

Tue May 21, 2013 9:55 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

xebat wrote:
Just have a look at the links and SkyrimNexus in general and you´ll see whats possible !

But they're completely different engines. One is a recycled piece of garbage that a studio with millions of dollars uses. The other is built from the ground up by an independent team.

Mods for Skyrim can't be applied to everything. They're possible for Skyrim, but that doesn't mean they're possible for XStoryPlayer. And again, you're ignoring the fact that the textures aren't what's making these images look they way they do. It's lighting, shadows, and post-effects. All three of which aren't as simple as changing a texture. The textures now are great! (Although the feet could use an overhaul ;) )

"Improving the graphics engine" is improving the whole engine. It'd take a lot of work. Probably much more work than the XMoon team would ever be able to dedicate. They've already got a better foundation than Skyrim's engine, so be glad for that!

Wed May 22, 2013 12:30 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

It is the textures , believe me . Just look at the clothing its all one colour for example. The Style of the textures is just not realistic.

Wed May 22, 2013 12:43 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

xebat wrote:
It is the textures , believe me . Just look at the clothing its all one colour for example. The Style of the textures is just not realistic.

The clothing? Sure. I wouldn't call them unrealistic, they just look like rubber. The bodies? They have good textures for the most part.

When they open up the textures to modding, you could try to mold them around the meshes in XStoryPlayer, but you're really not going to get what you want out of that.

Lighting, Shadows, Post-effects.

Wed May 22, 2013 12:47 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

Tobz wrote:
xebat wrote:

The clothing? Sure. I wouldn't call them unrealistic, they just look like rubber. The bodies? They have good textures for the most part.

When they open up the textures to modding, you could try to mold them around the meshes in XStoryPlayer, but you're really not going to get what you want out of that.

Lighting, Shadows, Post-effects.

True, the Skyrim mods don't alter the textures as much as they focus on lighting. The look of a texture can change dramatically by using different lighting and filter masks, without actually changing the texture itself.

I still think Skyrim looks good, though. :P

Fri May 24, 2013 5:32 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Skyrim lighting looks very good indeed.

Fri May 24, 2013 6:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next