View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 HTC Vive support added to XStoryPlayer 3.5 
Rank 14
Rank 14

Great, the opengl quick and dirty fix works. The actual scene is now correctly displayed but now the menu is upside down and mirrored. ^^ I think fixing this is low prio as the game is absolutly playable now. BTW the mod which crashed was dungeon_ex...

Gameplay in roomscale is awesome! Nice to have two "real" hands instead of a mouse pointer. Feels like the game was build for roomscale! I wonder how gameplay might be with LEAP Motion. Two hands and two controllers for tracking hip and any other movement.

I am thinking about modding again. ^^

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:50 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

Hi,

I tried the HTC Vive support (both initial and second version of the patch) and it is awesome! I think XStoryPlayer is now easily the best adult VR experience available. Still, there is some room for improvement to make the experience more immersive:

Firstly, there are three larger immersion problems:

1. Biggest one is the ghost hands. Hands should have physical presence just like they do in real life. You should be able to cup and squeeze breasts, slap them or pinch them - the hands should interact with the girls similarly as a paddle or a dildo. You might want to think about the possibility of letting the user grab a breast (or ass) by pressing the trigger (which is used for picking up things - in this case it would essentially "lock" the hand to the breast/ass as long as the user does not move his hands too much, and make the hands cup the breast/ass) and then squeeze it using the squeeze buttons. Also, if you start pushing your empty hand near a compatible opening (mouth/pussy/ass), preferably the hand position should change to pointing finger that you can then insert, similar to the situation when toys enter the "docking zone" near a compatible hole and go partly on auto-pilot.

One problem with non-ghost hands is the fact that you can push them through objects if they follow the controllers exactly. There are probably many ways to solve this, but one possibility would be to first let the hands get a little left behind from the controller position as a warning (maybe buzz the controllers too) and then, if the user persists, make the hands go ghostly again until they are no longer inside an object.

2. Second biggest is the laser pointers attached to the hands. I understand why you needed it - it is difficult to use hands for accurate grabbing of small objects that are next to other small objects. Other VR games get around it by not having such situations, so that a generous "aim assist" solves the problem. But in your case that will not work - it is quite difficult to tell e.g. when the user is trying to grab the bra in order to pull it off and when he is trying to grab the whole breast. There are at least two possible solutions. One is to have an invisible "target area" a little below the palm, and the hand grabs whatever is in that area, and whatever is in that area is subtly highlighted to indicate to the user what he would grab if he were to pull the trigger now. The other possibility is to think of the hand as a mouse cursor and always grab whatever the tip of the middle finger (or index finger) touches.

3. Third biggest is the wobbling that toys do whenever you grab them. If I grab a paddle or dildo in real life, it will not wobble uncontrollably while in my grasp, so it should not do that in the game either. Just make it hold steady in the hand. If the user tries to push it inside a solid object, then it can pull free from the hand.

Additionally, there is a number of smaller issues and suggestions:
  • The liquid simulation is one of the big attractions in XStoryPlayer and currently you cannot access all the ejaculation styles. Rather than have the U, I, O controls on both controllers, on the left one they could be replaced with controls to cycle through the available ejaculation styles. There would still be some buttons left over even. You could briefly show the currently selected style in an overlay icon on the controller. Another possibility would be to use similar radial control style as Space Pirate Trainer uses for weapon selection (see e.g. http://www.i-illusions.com/home/wp-cont ... 24x576.jpg)
  • The lack of voice acting is becoming even more noticeable now in VR. I have mentioned this before, but you could use a Sims style "nonsense" voice language made from pseudo-randomly concatenated vocals, giving the impression that the girls speak a foreign language. Then the actual lines would be given as a textual "translation".
  • The Hip Thrusting Mode could be simplified so that instead of stuffing the controller in your pants the recommendation is just to hold it in front of your hip (slightly pressed against it) in your hand. Then you can also control height more easily by lowering or raising your hand. You could actually make this quite intuitive so that hip thrusting mode would be activated by grabbing (trigger press) your own penis with your left hand, and it would remain active as long as you keep the trigger pressed. This would also lend itself to other uses such as aiming your penis more accurately by grabbing it (i.e. once you have grabbed the penis, you can aim (point the penis in a specific direction) by turning the controller around, and control height by raising or lowering the controller), and jerking off.
  • The current locomotion is not good if you have any tendency to motion sickness (and I do). Teleportation has widely been accepted as the right way of doing locomotion. The only caveat is to make sure the target area can only be moved to places to which you could also walk, i.e. you should not be able to e.g. teleport through doors.
  • I noticed quick turning of your head caused lag in rendering when in dungeon with both girls. With one girl it was fine, so seems like a performance issue. I don't remember seeing that in the first version of the HTC Vive patch though, maybe there is a performance issue or maybe I just did not notice it the first time around.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:57 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Hi,

First of all, I think you did an excellent job on the Vive support!

That said, I'd like to pitch in my 2 cents worth of feedback too:

- I don't mind the locomotion controls as opposed to teleporting, in fact, for me, it's more immersive that way. However, I would like it if there was the option to go the direction that your controller is pointing, in stead of the way your gaze is pointing. Games such as Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter and The Solus Project have this option too.

- Also, I miss an option to turn around without physically turning around. This would be a handy feature in this game for when you're not actually standing IRL. The games I mention above also have this option, and I use it a lot. There, the left and right buttons would be to turn in an angle of 45 or 90 degrees, but for me it would alread help if the down button was not to step backward, but to turn 180 degrees (without animation please). Especially in combination with moving the way that your controller points, because that way you can still walk backwards by pointing the controller behind you.

- As said by someone else before, it would be nice if the game saves your last used options in "fast sex". Also, it would be nice to be able to access the controls menu with leaving the current game.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
As far as I know, this is by far the most immersive sex game out there!

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@ Misha

Thank you.

You can adjust the bindings in the "settings.ini" file to allow for rotation:

E.g.:

Code:
command[SCROLLLEFT_CT]  = [VRCONTROL1_TOUCHPAD_LEFT];
command[SCROLLRIGHT_CT] = [VRCONTROL1_TOUCHPAD_RIGHT];
command[USEOBJ_CT2]     = [NONE];
command[USEOBJ3_CT2]    = [NONE];

It is also possible to save the fast sex state. Use chat keyboard menu and click on SAVE.
This also allows you to make changes to settings menu by clicking ESCAPE in chat menu.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:34 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Thanks!
I wasn't aware of that :-)

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@ Vaako-7

You can adjust the bindings in the "settings.ini" file to allow for rotation:

E.g.:

Code:
command[SCROLLLEFT_CT]  = [VRCONTROL1_TOUCHPAD_LEFT];
command[SCROLLRIGHT_CT] = [VRCONTROL1_TOUCHPAD_RIGHT];
command[USEOBJ_CT2]     = [NONE];
command[USEOBJ3_CT2]    = [NONE];

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:45 am
Rank 5
Rank 5

Are the Hands also avaible for non VR Headsets ? I would really appreciate the Hands cause its one thing i asked a long Time ago to add for immersion instead of a Mouse Cursor and i dont want this to be get VR exclusive kind fixated now.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:47 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@WeylandYutani

For immersion it should not be a problem to have hands instead of the cursor.

A small problem would be that you only have one hand to control using the cursor.

It could be made an option, so the user can choose between cursor and hand in game settings.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:02 am
Rank 5
Rank 5

Yeah its obviously only one Hand then ^^ but still more immersive then a Mouse Cursor. Other Games use Hands as Cursor aswell and thats something i really like specially when then Hand has its own Animations such as grabbing, fingering etc etc, the usual stuff ;)

I hope VR goes down in price soon, they are awesome 3D Devices now and i would love to use them with Blender and Maya but it has the same price as my Rendering Machine so i need to stick to simple Immersion. In 3.5 its surely not that big of a Point (i still want it there though) but it was always a great welcome Feature in all the Games i played.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:17 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

WOW! I just randomly returns expecting no real news and find THIS! I've only tested it very briefly with my CV1+Touch and it was very convincing...

I'll test it some more when I have more time and post my findings.

Thank you guys!!1!

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next