View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Scripting capabilities? 
Rank 7
Rank 7

How much will be be able to do with scripts with version 3.0?
Will we be limited to changing character responses and stuff around that? Simple actions like turning on/off a light? Doing animations? Making interfaces like a store?
Just curious what you are planning for this realease and the in the future : )

Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:00 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

There are many things can be done in current scripts. If they add to API will even be better. Hope for documentation for API of next version released.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:29 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

virror wrote:
How much will be be able to do with scripts with version 3.0?
Will we be limited to changing character responses and stuff around that? Simple actions like turning on/off a light? Doing animations? Making interfaces like a store?
Just curious what you are planning for this realease and the in the future : )

Turning on and off a light?
Haven't seen any definitive proof of that specifically, but it seems like a simple enough command.

Doing animations?
Well, there are blowjob scripts, that combine many minor movements that can be like animation, but as for making a custom animation for scratch, that would probably be too complex for the team to code into the custom scripting language. That being said, since custom objects made with Blender/Maya/etc, can be imported into XSP, custom animations might be importable as well.

Making interfaces like a store?
Haven't seen any definitive proof of this either. On a more general note, I would like to know if controls (message boxes, buttons, etc) will be able to be added.

Here is a quote from xpadmin from a while back when I asked him a few questions about modding (the dashed sentences were my questions):

xpadmin wrote:
-How will someone go about scripting? Will there be a "go to scripter" button in the menu? Will it be a separate application, or are we just going to have to write it in notepad and save it to a specific folder?

You can use any text editor to create/edit the script.
I will post manuals on the forum, on how to create simple scripts, and also how to do more advanced features.
You can create a simple test scene and work from there.

- Going off of the first question, when we are scripting, will it be sort of like actual programming whereby there is a textbox to code, a compiler to make sure there aren't any syntax errors, and a button to run the program? Will there be more than that, less, or something totally different?

You will have feedback on errors. They can be runtime or compile errors. A good approach will be to use a standard script and change that.

- Will we be able to import our own sounds, textures, etc?

Yes, definitely.

- Will we be able to put any character in any location? (i.e. put Samantha in the pool, or Latisha in the fitness center)

Yes

There was another set of questions that he answered, but I don't feel like browsing though all 170 posts of mine to find it.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:55 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@TheMohawkNinja

Turning on and off a light?
Yes, this is possible. For example:

loc.obj = APARTMENT3:LIGHT1;
loc.status = false;
SetObjState(loc);

Doing animations?
- You can use .bvh animations. There is a test room to test these (motion-capture) animations. They are automatically mapped on the character, so all you need is a .bvh animation and its starting pose for the character.
- You can also use keyframe based animations in Maya. For a greet, simply make a greet pose. The joints that are keyframed are used for animating. This looks pretty good , even with 1 frame because of the physics.
- You can use script functions for animating. For example SetFocusMode(ATTRACT); In this case the character tries not bend towards the focus object (like a penis).
You can also scrub between keyframes in the SetGesture function. This allows to e.g. push hips up or down during sex act. The hips up and down are keyframes and you can choose to what keyframe and what speed to go to it.

Making interfaces like a store?
You can show popup dialog/messagebox (with custom picture) and get the button state (YES, NO, CANCEL). You can use custom bind key values in the text that are replaced with the keys.

For example:

loc.pw.s = "A few last tips:\nYou can press [ESCAPE] to goto the city overview.\nYou can press [CM:SHOWHELP] to show the HELP window.\n\nWe wish you good luck with your career as a scientist!";
loc.pw.id = 0;
ShowPopupWnd(loc.pw);

Other gui elements are not possible.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:17 am
Rank 7
Rank 7

Thanx for a very detailed answer : )
I hope more complex GUI elements will be available in a later release ; )

Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:01 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

hello
maybe someone can explain me how I can mod the game.
Thanks

Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:54 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

manliocercato wrote:
hello
maybe someone can explain me how I can mod the game.
Thanks

At the moment: Learn assembly code, and find a free decompiling program.

When 3.0 comes out: Learn the custom scripting language that is being developed. It would help if you had a basic knowledge of high-level programming (like c++), but either way, there are full scripting examples here: [1] [2].

Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:26 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

Hi
when do you think will be available the versione 3.0?
thanks
manlio

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:08 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

manliocercato wrote:
Hi
when do you think will be available the versione 3.0?
thanks
manlio

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=172&start=310#p7936

Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]