View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
 [STORY MOD] Eskarn's Night Out (BETA) 0.8 Update 
Rank 4
Rank 4

Having trouble getting the mod working. I see it in the story list, I select Nerd and attempt to start and after a brief load time it crashes to desktop.

I checked my version via fm_trace.txt and it shows I'm using 3.5.0014. According to the original post the latest version is 3.5.0020, but I literally just purchased the game a few minutes ago and finished downloading it so I would assume I have the most recent version available...

Is there an update or patch somewhere that I'm missing? Any help's appreciated, thanks

EDIT: Haha, nevermind. I was reading the trace.txt in filemaker, not the trace.txt in the game's root folder. I have 3.5.0020. Also, I think I probably screwed up when installing the mod the first time. I started over with a fresh install (always keep a backup vanilla folder when modding--doesnt matter what game, always good advice!) and followed your instructions in the OP exactly. Got the Night Out mod up and running. :)

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:45 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

How do you interact with the wardrobe to get dressed?

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:24 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

Check to make sure you're in the right room, first. If you're unsure which room is the "bedroom" then make sure you check all three. Only one wardrobe can be interacted with. Just approach it and the cursor should change to the interact cursor, and you're good to go. I think you press E or left click, can't remember which, but the screen should fade out for a moment and when it fades back in you'll be wearing the suit.

Good luck.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:48 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

It's the room closest to the balcony and then just click on the wardrobe in the corner closest to the kitchen

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:33 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hello, I followed the steps from the installation, but when I`m trying to play the story is crashing my game.Please let me know what I can do! Thanks!

Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:40 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Dudu wrote:
Hello, I followed the steps from the installation, but when I`m trying to play the story is crashing my game.Please let me know what I can do! Thanks!

its usually not updated or a file did not unpack correctly
either way check the trace.txt in your main folder and look for the version number Version: (3.5.0020) if its below this you need to install the update in the account manager or down the bottom it might say something like missing X file if so just unpack it again or copy it across from the dungeon

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:30 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hey guys,

I been trying to get this to work for a couple of weeks now but it just wont work.

I keep getting an error at line 21 when running filemaker, the line that contains the file name.

I can start the game, but when i get to the elevator it crashes.

Could you please help me out?

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:49 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

justsomebody wrote:
Hey guys,

I been trying to get this to work for a couple of weeks now but it just wont work.

I keep getting an error at line 21 when running filemaker, the line that contains the file name.

I can start the game, but when i get to the elevator it crashes.

Could you please help me out?

I would suggest reinstalling X Story Player just in case some files got corrupted then make sure its updated
Unpack the tentacle dreams and if you get any errors post them here
Then if it still crashes in game look inside the trace.txt in the main folder and post the error part here

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:38 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

I just re-installed it entirely, but still, as soon as I enter the elevator the game just crashes.

Some weeks ago I downloaded a file with all save points, and I think that just about every part of the game that had monica in would just make the game instantly crash.

Any idea what im doing wrong here?

I simply just unpacked tentacle dreams and copied your ESK nightout file into it and overwrote when it asked.

EDIT: xstoryplayer 3.5/plugin/Evening Dress/textures/EveningDress001_red.jpg' [rb] is the error I get

Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:55 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

just check the XStoryPlayer 3.5\plugin\Evening Dress\textures folder and make sure it has EveningDress001_red.jpg inside of it
otherwise you might have to manually copy it over from from the Rar

If the EveningDress001_red.jpg is not inside the Rar like it should be then the download got corrupted

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next