View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Some (super) basic modding questions. 
Rank 1
Rank 1

What is the format of the object files? Is it straight Lightwave OBJ?
I don't have Maya, but I have Poser and Rhinoceros.
I do a lot of 3D printing, and I design about 99% of my own models. What's the scale?

I just tried to import an obj file from a random mod I downloaded, but Rhino failed to import anything.

Is there a way to convert these objects to STL or something?

If I could get the scale right, I could totally make useful objects for this environment and would be happy to do so, especially if someone could help me get it into the game.

Are morphs supported in-game?

(Okay, these are in reverse order, based on how the BB-code here orders attachments)
First off is the Girl Storage System (adjustable IK-chain parentable, and fully articulated).
Next is something I call the Ultistock (also fully articulated, with restraint points able to act as inverse kinematic parents).
Next up is a crude mockup of the Martin Rigid stocks. (also IK parentable. If the main neck part is parented to the "victim"'s chest, it tends to work nicely, with the cuffs hauling the forearms around...).http://cuff24.com/english/main-2.htm

At any rate, (Oh, these are massively high polycount objects, but I can easily dumb them down a bit.
Any advice on whether it's worth while to get these into Xstory Player would be greatly appreciated.
I can do standerd LWO, wavefront OBJ, 3DM, STL (and with somewhat limited success) DWF and DXF.

Also, first post here! Love the game!

Attachments:
File comment: IK-aware rigid stocks with working swing-through cuffs.
cs_stock.jpg
cs_stock.jpg [ 56.75 KiB | Viewed 11384 times ]
File comment: Ultistock: fully articulated. wrist/neck apparatus can be raised or lowered, or translated +/- in z. It also rotates about its x axis. Foot holdy bits can also move +/- z and can rotate around x.
ultistock.jpg
ultistock.jpg [ 119.03 KiB | Viewed 11384 times ]
File comment: The fully adjustable, articulated GSS
gss1.jpg
gss1.jpg [ 77.2 KiB | Viewed 11384 times ]
Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

-OBJ are in a proprietary format
-Models need to be done in Maya, or at least the final step needs to be to import them to Maya and prepare them for conversion
-the filemaker.exe tool will let you convert the Maya file into OBJ
-it is not possible to convert existing OBJ files back to Maya, but almost all of the objects are in the modding kit (download with account manager) it's just the girls that aren't available, as the license doesn't allow redistribution.

Look around the forum, many of your questions are already answered, also check out the wiki, it has lots of tutorials on how to make objects.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:43 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

PS: The issue with not using Maya is that anything you can import to Maya will need to have the normals fixed, as the objects need to be rather low poly. If you just export STL, importing it in Maya the objects will look low res as their normals will be normal to the triangles.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:45 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Yea maya is needed even if its just the student version (free download on autodesks student website)

To get them into the game i would export them as Obj's (i like the format it causes me the least issues)and import them into one of the girls .ma files and get them to the right scale
you will also have to create some custom animations of them in the devices

Then you need to make the device in its own maya scene which is relatively easy and add its collisions and pivot points

Once that is done add it to a story or dungeon and a little bit of code later they will use it

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]