View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mega Upload request.. 
Rank 2
Rank 2

I have downloaded and used most of the mods here and the majority of them are great. You guys have done a great job, i hope i can do as good in the future. I have only one complaint and request.
I have found the many sites used for file sharing / downloading to be tedious and some of them absolutely worthless unless you are a paid member or otherwise registered. A few of them won't even allow a guest to download a file. Besides the member thing, the lot of them limit how many files you can download and/or the amount of MBs and have stupid restrictions altogether. A few of them also have aggressive ADS which pop-up claiming you have a virus and need to download this anti-virus tool that they conveniently have a link to and well you know how that goes. A bit Shady if you ask me.
I have found one of the best places is MEGA, you don't HAVE to be a registered member to download from a mega link, there may be a slight speed penalty but there are no pop-ups that are potentially laden with malware and god knows what else.
They also offer 50GB of Encrypted storage space for free, I am positive that those of you who have used it would agree that it's nearly the best free service out there and it's nearly zero percent shady. I actually have an account with MEGA and I have never used a more security based file transfer / storage tool.
I'm not related to the xstoryplayer project in anyway, so I can't make anybody here do anything. But i beg of you, from one enthusiast to another, Please Use Mega.
It may even be easier for you than the others, i don't know. I do know, however, it will be much easier for us to download and enjoy your mods from a mega link..
:)

Tue May 24, 2016 2:49 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

The problem with mega is it dont work in IE.

Tue May 24, 2016 8:33 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

People still use that browser?? Why?? It's worse than firefox is becoming in my opinion. Personally, i don't see this (mega not working in IE) as a 'problem' of Mega's. Besides, you don't technically need any browser at all to use use Mega.co.nz. It's a web based service in the end, those browser addons and what-not are just for ease of use. I don't use them either, these web browsers are too slow as it is now-a-days without adding to the bulk.
FYI: Windows users don't need a browser to work with Mega, there is an app for that which is, for the most part, browser independent. It's also a whole lot faster than using a browser and you can manage your synced folders, upload, download and even stream movies and songs right from the task bar. IE what??

Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:47 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Never install a program if you dont need to.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:53 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

skidrow wrote:
Never install a program if you dont need to.

You need to install something other than IE.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:39 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

Yeah... IE is awful... it needs to go the way of netscape.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:48 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

lol I 3rd that opinion. Friends don't let friends use internet explorer.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:24 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

1. IE / Chrome

3. Firefox
4. Edge
Last Opera

That how i rank browsers on how they work and speed.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:56 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

skidrow wrote:
1. IE / Chrome

3. Firefox
4. Edge
Last Opera

That how i rank browsers on how they work and speed.

Speed I'd say

Chrome
firefox
edge
opera
IE is not a browser, it's bloatware :lol:

As for security, add ons and overall usability

Firefox
chrome
opera
edge.. maybe

Firefox and chrome are slower because of their security features and other factors you can change by typing about:config in the navigation bar. you then have full access to every single way your browser interacts with the internet and reacts when you interact with it's UI. also anything on the internet that you want to change can be easily done fwith the many extentions and add ons for both chrome and firefox.

It has been YEARS since I've even opened internet explorer, maybe it's evolved into a real live browser... Stranger things have happened... I still wouldn't wish Internet explorer on my worst enemy, but to each his own.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:10 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Firefox is slow and bugs out on many homepages. Like watching live streams it really bad at.

Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next