View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Mega Upload request.. 
Rank 16
Rank 16

skidrow wrote:
Firefox is slow and bugs out on many homepages. Like watching live streams it really bad at.

Yeah i had that problem with CSS scripts with userstyles then i switched to grease monkey for my style scripts and now everything runs smooth. Still struggles with 1080p 60fps videos on youtube but that's not firefox, that's a combo of my ISP and crappy hardware. Firefox isn't for everyone, I'd recommend chrome to someone who doesn't like fine tuning things and want's more of a plug and play browser that just does what it says on the tin without effort. If your browser was a car, Chrome is an automatic, Firefox is a manual. opera is a bicycle, intenet explorer is a used pair of shoes with second hand foot fungus.

Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:49 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Opera is a Virus everything Apple do for Windows i s a virus. Only rezone to use there software is to do something illegal because they dont know what they are doing so they have no protection.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:50 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

skidrow wrote:
Opera is a Virus everything Apple do for Windows i s a virus. Only rezone to use there software is to do something illegal because they dont know what they are doing so they have no protection.

Apple's browser is Safari. Opera has nothing to do with Apple.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:31 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Thanny wrote:
skidrow wrote:

Apple's browser is Safari. Opera has nothing to do with Apple.

He forgot the punctuation between those two statements, but I'm pretty sure they are 2 separate statements and he doesn't think opera IS apple lol. and on the Apple thing he was referring to everything apple does on windows. like itunes and icloud for windows. and yeah they are annoying for windows users and can feel like you have a virus using them. Massive resource hogs and there is no way to turn off all the background processes. Personally i use a bat file to kill all these processes when i need my ram and cpu for editing or gaming.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:39 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

skidrow wrote:
Never install a program if you dont need to.

Like I said, you don't NEED to install mega if you choose not to. You don't even NEED to register to use it for a dl. You can choose to dl it, however, and, if you like the idea of having a secure, ENCRYPTED 50GB of storage which is free, you can CHOOSE to register but even then you don't need to dl the program or the browser plugin to use it.. This is one reason i said i don't see MEGA not having an I.E. plugin as a problem.

skidrow wrote:
Firefox is slow and bugs out on many homepages. Like watching live streams it really bad at.

Yeah, there are some problems with script errors on some versions of firefox. But they can be fixed with a little bit of tweaking. Also, as was mentioned by another post, you can type about:config in the address bar which will allow to tweak everything on firefox and there are plenty of dox on this topic, i advise anyone wanting to mess around in about:config to first read a few of these howto's and be careful. Or not, i mean if you do mess something up all you have to do is uninstall and re-install the browser. So just make sure you either have sync on, or you save a backup copy of your profile/settings so if you do screw it up atleast you don't lose your personal stuff..

MEGA is GOOD.. Use it

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:01 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

darkly wrote:
skidrow wrote:
Never install a program if you dont need to.

Like I said, you don't NEED to install mega if you choose not to. You don't even NEED to register to use it for a dl. You can choose to dl it, however, and, if you like the idea of having a secure, ENCRYPTED 50GB of storage which is free, you can CHOOSE to register but even then you don't need to dl the program or the browser plugin to use it.. This is one reason i said i don't see MEGA not having an I.E. plugin as a problem.

skidrow wrote:

Yeah, there are some problems with script errors on some versions of firefox. But they can be fixed with a little bit of tweaking. Also, as was mentioned by another post, you can type about:config in the address bar which will allow to tweak everything on firefox and there are plenty of dox on this topic, i advise anyone wanting to mess around in about:config to first read a few of these howto's and be careful. Or not, i mean if you do mess something up all you have to do is uninstall and re-install the browser. So just make sure you either have sync on, or you save a backup copy of your profile/settings so if you do screw it up atleast you don't lose your personal stuff..

MEGA is GOOD.. Use it

Although i agree mega is great, I personally use it all the time for uploading and downloading. It's my perferred method because if you have shitty internet it lets you continue downloading where you left off instead of just failing causing you to have to try again... But We have moved past the topic of this thread to discuss our favorite browsers. haha

In all seriousness though I'd agree with you but Mega updated their policies last year, If the account holder doesn't log into the account for a while they get an email.. which normally goes to spam or gets buried by spam. within 3 months of this notification all the files on the account get deleted. So If this forum were to switch to mega you'd have a forum full of dead links and comments asking for Re-ups within a year.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:03 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

Microsoft Edge is way better than Chrome. For example i have a cheap 200$ Laptop and chrome is really slow compared to edge. But with a real desktop any browser will do the job.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2