View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Modding help wanted 
Rank 17
Rank 17

I would like to start making more stories and scenarios however i am limited by how long it takes to make the scenes and all the objects in it.
DO NOT submit free online models, most of the time they are a cluster fuck of polys and vertex's and takes me longer to fix them then to make it from scratch.

I am looking for anyone that is interested and capable in the following fields
There are no deadlines for any work since this is unpaid modding other then a reasonable time frame (don't take 5 weeks to make a chair)

Model creation: General scene models. Tables, Chairs, Beds, Etc, Models can be created in any 3d program.
Texturing: Texture the models and scene.
Animation: The npc's need new moves, Animation has to be done in Maya preferably 2015.
Character Clothing: Making clothing for characters ingame.
Sounds: Scene and Npc Sounds
Female voice acting: Text to speech lacks any emotion and is just bad

If anyone is interested in making a modding team say so below.

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:02 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

I'd be up for it. I'm familiar with texture creation and editing. Already have the Nvidia .DDS plugin installed for Photoshop :)

Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:48 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

I am expressing my interest in such a thing, but unfortunately I do not know things like what you are asking for (yet). That said I have started editing a few things here and there (such as Saiko's eyes and nails) and I have done lots of image editing in the past (nothing photo worthy, but lots of computer graphics like logos and icons)

I would also like to start trying my hand at creating some clothing. i fell like that might be a good first step for my particular skill set and might allow me to get a bit more into other stuff once i get more familiar with it.

however, I am still at baby step number one. I use gimp/inkscape for image/graphic editing and I do have the dds plugin for gimp. but I cant find the right compression/format or combination of the two to allow the game to use those assets. It keeps crashing. Would you happen to know about such things?

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:38 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

For the texture format
Code:
After editing the texture save it in the the .dds format. Make sure you also save the alpha channel. Save it in the DXT5 format and generate MIP maps.
We use the DXT5 format for 4 channel textures and DXT3 for 3 channel textures.

Making clothing
http://wiki.xmoonproductions.org/index.php?title=Creating_cloth
However the tutorial lacks a lot of information, it kinda relays on you have done some of the others first
does not tell you the errors you will encounter and then how to fix them

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:15 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

No worries. I appreciate the input as that will certainly give me a nice head start. I will finally be able to change saiko's eyes and nails.
I should probably do the work myself anyway as im sure there is alot of good info in there. I am a fast learner as well, so if the information is there to answer the questions I come up with, ill find it.

Once I get into the clothing aspect, ill post a few items i made and see if you'd like me to make anything for your stories. Until then, i am good for testing. I have been programming (as a hobby, so my knowledge likely has gaps) on and off for about 20 years now. so I should be able to give relevant information/post useful logs when something breaks.

I also own an Oculus Rift for VR testing if you are interested in supporting that, and I made an AutoHotKey script that revamps the Oculus Touch controls to something much better than what the Vive patch gives us (since the Rift patch is borked and has been for some time), if you wanted to either point rift users there, or somehow include it in your projects.

Insctructions for setting up the control script I mentioned:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3459&start=180

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:13 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

With Maya make sure that this construction box is off, otherwise when you add a modifier like smooth etc it changes the name internally and file maker cant see it anymore

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:03 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

very good to know, thanks. learning all the things now actually. just about bed time, but ill be diving back in tomorrow. This modeling thing is pretty cool. I may just have to take a crack at making some rooms or another character too. No idea how to actually add them into the game, but it would be interesting enough just making them.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:15 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

i really want to join this but unfortunately im struggling to afford basic needs in this time so without donations i dont see its possible to put an extra effort to this.

in the mean time, before further discussion on how do we start, i can send you some stuff i have made to fill up your modding assets library or we can make cloud drive folder that anyone in eskarn modding team can access with the link.
what do you think?

Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:14 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

Xooligan wrote:
I may just have to take a crack at making some rooms or another character too. No idea how to actually add them into the game, but it would be interesting enough just making them.

sure me too, i know its a lot things to do to add just one new character to the game, but while we all waiting for XSP 4 to release why dont we make our own new and fresh story mode. maybe the story can tell about game developer that lost from online community, its kind of interesting as made up back story for unsolvable unknown real fact :D , i think thats why its called "X story-player", maybe it should be open source game that can play custom interactive story that people made.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:39 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

After messing around with a few things im going to halt my modding for both the new story and improving the doc story with new systems
The new story i can't do in 3.5 i mean i could but it would be of poor quality compered to 4 however i will continue to work on the scene itself so when 4 does come out i can quickly import it
With the doc story and its new systems i hit to many engine limitations and would only be able to make a hacked together system which im not going to be happy with

The new scene will have full PBR materials, so ill be learning more about those aswell

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]