View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How to unpack mod, pack files (please help) 
Rank 3
Rank 3

From the subject of this topic you can tell I don't get how to mod. After going through multiple topics It seems that I need to get convert the files in the extracted folder to a "bin" file, is that accurate at all? ]I don't know code at all either).

I have downloaded the Dungon file in the topic http://www.xmoonproductions.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3918 - Once I have downloaded the file and extracted, I don't understand what to do next. Can someone please provide me with a simple step by step instruction?

Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:16 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

1. Navigate to your gamedir, subfolder /filemaker
2. Edit start.ini (with notepad or something)
3. In the "unpack block" delete " /* " on both appearances.
4. Save start.ini and run filemaker.exe
5. close filemaker

6. in the subfolder /pack of your gamedir there is now a folder called "pack_dungeon". Rename it...pack_dungeon_rape would be an idea in your case.
7. Unpack your downloaded file, and copy the files of the mod file into pack_dungeon_rape. Overwrite files if asked.

8. Run the game now. After clicking on fast sex, there should be a second dungeon scene...containing the mod.

If you want to try different mods, just run filemaker again or crate a copy of the unmodified pack_dungeon folder. You can have as many "pack_dungeon_[...]" folders in your [gamedir]/pack folder as you wish...

Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:36 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

Step 6 - So in side of the Pack folder that will have the BIN files for the default storys (and quick sex), there will be a 2nd folder?
Step 7 - When you say "unpack" do I just move the files from the Dungeon Rape folder into the pack_dungeon folder was created or do I have to use the XSP Quick
Unpacker (found this in one of the many threats I read earlier)?

really appreciate the help

Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:56 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Step 6: Yes, in the /pack folder will be a folder "pack_dungeon", basically an unpacked version of pack_dungeon.bin.

Don't forget to rename that new folder, pack_dungeon_rape would be a good choice in your case.

Step 7: Unpack your downloaded "Rape Dungeon for v35.zip" to a folder of your choice. Inside you find the folders "ai", "init" and "scenes" and a story.text. Copy that folders and the files into the new folder that appeared in the /pack folder. You should be asked if you want to overwrite files, click yes and do so.

XSP Quick Unpacker is not needed here, i guess it could be used to replace steps 1-5, but i never used it.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:14 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

I went into the start file, and deleted the "/* directly below the line that reads "uncomment this to unpack" and "...to pack", ran the filemaker but didn't get a new folder in the "packs" folder. Am I supposed to delete more than just the "/*" ? do I need to delete the "unpack = true" and the rest of those sections too?.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:39 am
Rank 5
Rank 5

Nope.

Its necessary to delete the "/*" below "uncomment this..." and behind the first "}".

Anything below the "Pack" line is used if you want to use the filemaker to create bin files instead of unpacking them.

I added a modified start.ini, ready for using the filemaker to unpack...

Attachments:
start.zip [354 Bytes]
Downloaded 893 times
Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:12 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

to uncomment a bloc you need to
delete
/* (begin comment)
AND
*/ (end comment)

Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:15 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

@DannikJerriko Thanks for the explanation and the upload of the start.ini. It was a big help

I just want to add like the OP after i ran the filmmaker.exe (in my 3.5 folder)it did not unpack the file as intended at first. I then checked my filmmaker folder from version 3.0 and noticed it had alot more files in it. So i copied the entire filmmaker folder from 3.0 and pasted it over the filmmaker folder in 3.5 and BINGO the exe unpacked the dugeon bin as intended, and i was able to install the mod.
I am not sure if this is what you should do or why i was missing files or if it will have any negative effects but i was able to run the same Mod as the OP and screwed around for a quick 5 mins to test and everything seems to be in order

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:34 am
Rank 5
Rank 5

I'd bet that IF the filemaker runs, it unpacks the entire pack, no matter what version the filemaker is. And i think that the packing algorithms didn't change at all between 3.0 and 3.5, at least i didn't recognize any differences.

Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:37 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

Yea its all gravy now. I was able to unpack a couple new dungeons and play for a good amount of time with zero issue.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next