View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Eskarn's Room: Modding Tutorials 
Rank 17
Rank 17

YuJuJo wrote:
I'm having a second serious GO at getting a custom character into XSP. You state that the textures need to be in a single file. I also notice that you are using G3 female in Daz studio in the PDF tutorial which is what I am doing also. Texture atlas should have the ability to export uv maps to a single file but it has trouble with the new G3 uve maps. I am currently trying to figure out Substance painter and 3d-coat but there has to be an easier on two click tool that will compile the maps into one auto arranged UV file. Have you tried using texture atlas? I'm stopping at this texture point to make sure that I get that right before moving on to the next steps but i'm stuck as I have no idea how to use 3d-coat or substance_painter_2.

Yea i just tried testing texture atlas then and it really did not work well, and maya merge uv's wont carry the textures across
I have yet to find a nice program to do this automaticly

Anyway just did a tutorial on how i did it and it will be up in a few hours
there are other ways to do it but this is the easiest way for me that i know of

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:29 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Added tutorial
Combining Texture UV's
This is the way i combine my texture uv's
Im sure there are other ways
Combining Texture UV's

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:47 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

Eskarn wrote:
Added tutorial
Combining Texture UV's
This is the way i combine my texture uv's
Im sure there are other ways
Combining Texture UV's

Thank you for this. I will be able to get this step solid and move on from here. Also, I notice you are using the G3 female... I have a method of building corrective blendshapes for the female to improve the characters look when they bend and move. I have not delved into how to apply blend shapes to the characters through script but it must be possible to add these blend shapes to the character when joints are rotated. This is definitely something I will look into way later after I have successfully gotten this character into the game but just wanted to know your thoughts on this. I would also like to add BS to the genitals as well as I have the same V7 genitals model that you show in the tutorial. There are some amazing details that should be used in XSP so I also wanted to know your thoughts on that as well.

Thanks again.

Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:46 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

Would you be able to upload your single UVmap for G3 female? I hate to sound lazy but i've been trying to work with this and am having a hell of a time getting this to work. Essentially your single UV map should work with any G3 female made character.

I'm determined to get a fully functional custom character into XSP... once we can master the process we can start cranking out new woman. This would enable us to make whatever female character we want for this game.

Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:13 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

YuJuJo wrote:
Thank you for this. I will be able to get this step solid and move on from here. Also, I notice you are using the G3 female... I have a method of building corrective blendshapes for the female to improve the characters look when they bend and move. I have not delved into how to apply blend shapes to the characters through script but it must be possible to add these blend shapes to the character when joints are rotated. This is definitely something I will look into way later after I have successfully gotten this character into the game but just wanted to know your thoughts on this. I would also like to add BS to the genitals as well as I have the same V7 genitals model that you show in the tutorial. There are some amazing details that should be used in XSP so I also wanted to know your thoughts on that as well.
Thanks again.

Currently blendshapes are only used to do the facial expressions and they are in their own .ma file
when we tell it in code it changes to the face we need

For the expressions a whole head is used in another .ma file and reference into the body.ma
This head's joining vertex's need to be perfectly aligned otherwise you get a seam/gap

Using blendshape inside the body.ma to change how the model looks and keyframing it i honestly have no idea how the filemaker will react
worth a shot tho

YuJuJo wrote:
Would you be able to upload your single UVmap for G3 female? I hate to sound lazy but i've been trying to work with this and am having a hell of a time getting this to work. Essentially your single UV map should work with any G3 female made character.

I'm determined to get a fully functional custom character into XSP... once we can master the process we can start cranking out new woman. This would enable us to make whatever female character we want for this game.

What part is giving you trouble?

I could give the uvmap but you will still need to unwrap the model and it would have to be perfectly aligned with the uvmap

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:24 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

I got it figured out but ended up switching to the G2 Female (Perfectly adequate for XSP) and using Texture Atlas. This worked perfectly! It's literally a very easy process. It seems that Daz is currently updating Texture Atlas to resolve the UV mapping issues with the G3 female so until then i'll be making woman with G2F. I successfully got the character into maya on a single texture map. I am now moving on to rigging the female mesh.
My questions are these.

1: If I rename the joints on the G2 Female skeleton to match the joints on the XSP rig, will the rig still work?

2: My other experiment would be to constrain the G2 female skeleton to the XSP rig with the female mesh weighted to the G2 female rig and the XSP rig controlling the G2Female rig. What are your thoughts on this before I waste time.

3: Are the shaders that populate my Hypershade needed for collision/ dynamics etc...? I am hanging onto them in my scene in case I need to apply them to my character model. It's difficult to tell from your tutorial. If so, which shaders NEED to be applied to the mesh/ collision mesh?

4: What is the correct scale for XSP? I imported the Bob/body.ma to get the skeleton and necessary assets for an XSP character. Is this the scale that I should be referencing? (Sorry if this should be obvious)

I'm sure I have many more questions that I just cannot think of atm but I will send them your way as we start to really understand what can be done with the XSP character setup.

The body.ma file should be able to take blendshape data just like the head... at least in theory. IDK maybe the devs can shed some light on that. any way i'll post my findings here of course.

Cannot thank you enough for getting me pointed in the right direction on this...

Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:12 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

YuJuJo wrote:

1: If I rename the joints on the G2 Female skeleton to match the joints on the XSP rig, will the rig still work?

Nope there is a few extra very important parts bound to the XSP rig
These are in the bonecoll? group and these control the colisions of the character
so those would need to be bound to the new skeleton
You would also need to have the exact same amount of bones and the names
I thought of doing it that way but it just seamed harder then riging it
YuJuJo wrote:
2: My other experiment would be to constrain the G2 female skeleton to the XSP rig with the female mesh weighted to the G2 female rig and the XSP rig controlling the G2Female rig. What are your thoughts on this before I waste time.

Pretty sure this wont work since the mesh needs to be bound to the XSP rig
I'm guessing the filemaker will say no
YuJuJo wrote:
3: Are the shaders that populate my Hypershade needed for collision/ dynamics etc...? I am hanging onto them in my scene in case I need to apply them to my character model. It's difficult to tell from your tutorial. If so, which shaders NEED to be applied to the mesh/ collision mesh?

all the shaders in the body.ma are used for something
AA_bcol's are used for the bone collisions and not to sure if the colors mean anything or if they are just used as visual thing

body eyes and face are the mesh ones

AA_mucus is referenced in the body.ini

AA_skins are used on the skin collision
what the 2 colors mean is in the PDF
YuJuJo wrote:
4: What is the correct scale for XSP? I imported the Bob/body.ma to get the skeleton and necessary assets for an XSP character. Is this the scale that I should be referencing? (Sorry if this should be obvious)

Yea the skeleton in the body.ma is about the right scale but it depends on the character you want to add best way is just bind the mesh to the skeleton and have a look in the test scene until its the size you want F6 to use the dev camera

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:18 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

I'm having a slight concern. Whenever I try to rename my female mesh to "body" in maya, maya changes it to "body1" I checked my scene and I have no other objects with that name so i'm confused. will I run into trouble if the mesh is name "body1" instead of "body"?

Thanks

Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:56 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

YuJuJo wrote:
I'm having a slight concern. Whenever I try to rename my female mesh to "body" in maya, maya changes it to "body1" I checked my scene and I have no other objects with that name so i'm confused. will I run into trouble if the mesh is name "body1" instead of "body"?

Thanks

Something in the scene is already named "body" this can be a texture, mesh anything
need to find the thing called body and rename/remove it

The body.ini says to the filemaker that "body" is the mesh you are looking for so it will come back and say "body" is not a mesh(if it is a texture) or its not the correct mesh

Easiest way is to find whatever is called "body" and change it or you can go into the body.ini and change the mesh name

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:48 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

Ok. I am looking through the body.ini and I plan to just change the mesh name to Body instead of body. Also (again for future experiments) I see that I can define the skeleton within the body.ini. This means that we should be able to create any skeleton we desire and change the naming within the body.ini file to match our rig in maya...right? seems like a logical conclusion that would mean that I can take my excellently rigged and weighted female and simply edit the body.ini to use my skeleton joint naming convention. anyway. moving on...

I am getting this error when I attempt to use fileMaker after creating my skinCol and binding the Body and skinCol.

characterShape Char.softskin.psSkin.elem[0] og count mismatch

Is this due to an issue with my collision mesh?

I see an enormous amount of potential here... if you are up for the idea i'd like to share files with you as I work through these experiments to see just how much control I can get over creating these characters for XSP.

If there are any major pitfalls you might know of with respect to me changing the mesh name from body to Body, please let me know.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next