View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Combined mod packs are nice, but... 
Rank 15
Rank 15

...what should one do, if one likes only parts of a pack? Or misses stuff in another pack?

Example:

I like the new - functioning - positions in Blu3's "Saiko's Party" mod. And the dialogs it offers, the option for "alien" Saiko and quite a few of the other changes. But I do not like to be restricted to Saiko's room... I *like* the normal cell in the cellar...

I also like Munky's "Dungeon Ex". It's great to be able to change rooms, even if I usually only use half of those he offers. The girls squirting is great, as are the more appropriate responses, giant weights and text fixes. But then there's a problem with the fuck machine, which pushes girls off when it's turned on.

The same is true about Creepy's Dungeon. The freesex option is nice - too bad it seems to mess with those positions, that have a build-in orgasm option (task_orgasm.dat for example...)

I've tried to combine the things I like in a mod of my own, but I've really got problems understanding the logic of the .dat files. You have to put a task.dat here, then edit another file to enable the game to call up that task and possibly a third file for whatever reason seems proper.

Yes, I use WinMerge to compare files. But the more changes are build into a mod, the less easy is it to find the stuff I need.

Can't say what other people would prefer, but for me a threat with samples of changes would be great. And it needn't to be zip files uploaded somewhere - just give me the name of the file to be changed and the changes to be made as a block of code...

Kinda like:

In the "lay on bed / orgasm" position, You can randomize the toy the girl asks for (and even have her asking for Your avatar's dick...) by changing the following lines in the ..\pack\pack_dungeon\init\std\base\char\brain\code\task\task_orgasm.dat:

//loc.pick = Rnd(3);
loc.pick = 2;
case(loc.pick)
{
[0] {loc.obj_type = SOFTSEX_OBJ; loc.obj = "soft dildo";}
[1] {loc.obj_type = RBSEX_OBJ; loc.obj = "big dildo";}
[2] {loc.obj_type = VIBRATOR_OBJ; loc.obj = "vibrator";}
}

to
loc.pick = Rnd(4);
//loc.pick = 2;
case(loc.pick)
{
[0] {loc.obj_type = SOFTSEX_OBJ; loc.obj = "the soft dildo";}
[1] {loc.obj_type = RBSEX_OBJ; loc.obj = "the big dildo";}
[2] {loc.obj_type = VIBRATOR_OBJ; loc.obj = "the vibrator";}
[3] {loc.obj_type = PENIS_OBJ; loc.obj = "your penis";}
}

and

{
[DISGUSTED] talk.s = "Come on, use the {loc.obj}";
[SCARED] talk.s = "Please use the {loc.obj} now sir";
[HESITANT] talk.s = "Please use the {loc.obj} now sir";
[NEUTRAL] talk.s = "Now use the {loc.obj}";
[LIKE]
[] talk.s = "Now use the {loc.obj}";
[EAGER] talk.s = "Now use the {loc.obj}";
}

to
{
[DISGUSTED] talk.s = "Come on, use {loc.obj}";
[SCARED] talk.s = "Please use {loc.obj} now sir";
[HESITANT] talk.s = "Please use {loc.obj} now sir";
[NEUTRAL] talk.s = "Now use {loc.obj}";
[LIKE]
[] talk.s = "Now use {loc.obj}";
[EAGER] talk.s = "Now use {loc.obj}";
}

Of course there sure are things that aren't as easy to edit. Like the freesex option, that has to be added several times into the same task.dat, but for these zip would still be an option.

So, anyone able and ready to set up this kind of modular-ish kind of mod?

Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:16 pm
Rank 18
Rank 18

i agree :D a modmanager would be cool :D

Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:26 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

tomahawk308 wrote:
i agree :D a modmanager would be cool :D

yeah, some kind of modmanager would be the best solution.

Considering that XSP is done by a very small group of programmers, anything that helps making player generated content will help in making additional content and with that finding people who want to play the game.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:59 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

Again.. why not setup mods for an existing Mod Manager like JSGME (JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler).

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21681483/JSGME.7z

This is a simple folder based manager - easy to use.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:50 am
Rank 18
Rank 18

@christopher72 good idea :D did you know how to realize this and could you make a picture how it will look like :D

@tomcat yep :D would be cool to pack some in a mod folder and when you are in game you have button/menu modmanager /modlist there you can switch the mods in your mod folder separately on and off

could be separate program that will be updated in due time like in the picture

Attachments:
ModManager_1-3_screenshot.png
ModManager_1-3_screenshot.png [ 32.97 KiB | Viewed 13431 times ]
Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:06 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

I agree that the game really needs a more streamlined way of getting the mods into the game.

My Ideal method would be thus:
'Levels' are the biggest and hardest things to create. Having them in dedicated 'packs' makes sense.
Aside from this there should be a 'plugins' or 'mod' folder, where anything else can go and all packs automatically read these mods.
This includes addon characters, addon clothes, addon toys.
The level load/options menu would read all the addon characters and toys and allow you to choose them.
In game there could be a menu to 'spawn' any modded toy or object found in the mod folder.

A mod manager is not currently possible because EVERY pack has to have EVERY item coded into it. Until the packs can read external mods (like they can with clothing plugins)...a mod manager is impossible.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]