View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Question: Plugins and their textures 
Rank 15
Rank 15

Being able to put in new clothes for the girls into the plugin directory is really great!
Too bad, that we are restricted about the textures being used with these clothes - at least it looks like that to me.

There's a textures subdirectory in the plugins directory, but as it seems, not all the plugins seem to use it.
There's also the option in the game's fast sex menu to change the colour of the different items of clothing - but again this doesn't seem to work for plugins?

When I set up the short dress variation for Monica, I used the already existing dress2shape.obj in ../pack/pack_dungeon/scenes/character7/. Using the test mode of XSP I was able to save it as a dress.dat which I then used for my plugin. But at no point I was given an option to change the texture of the dress. So I set up a textures directory in the short dress' plugin directory and put some basic textures - a 512x512 bump jpg and a 2048x2048 one color .jpg - in it, naming them dress_bump.jpg and dress-color.jpg, just to see if that would make any differance.
It didn't.

So I guess the textures for the short dress are included in the dressshape.obj, which I am unable to change, due to a lack of software and skill. And I guess I am not the only one lacking these, but otherwise willing to put some textures on clothes...

So my hope is, that in the future the textures in the plugin's textures directory will be superseding those in the (cloth).obj, because as it seems now, there are some plugin makers not using the intended file structure for the stuff they make, using textures from within the pack_dungeon, which makes it quite difficult to change these textures.

Why I'm asking for this? Well, just take a look at all those Illusion games and the many, many, many! textures that you can get for the different pieces of clothing for the girls in games like Sexy Beach 3 or Zero or Artificial Girl 3. One reason, why these games - although they lack gameplay - are quite successfull is the ability to modify those outfits with not to much input of Software apart from GIMP or something like it.

To do the same in XSP we'd need the ability to have our textures replace those of the .obj files... and the proper meshes to design the textures on maybe ;)

So, please, make editing clothes a bit easier... it might attract some new players, too ;)

Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]