View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Maya Blend shapes 
Rank 8
Rank 8

I was wondering how XstoryPlayer uses blend shapes and morphs. I am currently studying the character creation process from the wiki tutorials. I would like to know if it is at all possible to use corrective blend shapes to control deform areas such as the hip, groin and armpits. The goal would be to have these set driven key parameters present in xstoryplayer. So when the left thigh rotates the corrective blend shape will kick in properly to help maintain proper shape and volume in the areas of interest. Would anyone be able to touch on this?

Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:52 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

All I know about this is that some morph targets (like the breasts) already exist.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:10 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@YuJuJo

We currently use blend shapes for the facial expressions. If you take a look at the 'body.ini' you see that there are several facial expressions that are added this way.

To "solve" the volume preservation issue when bending angles are large, we use dual quaternions instead of blend shapes.
The advantage of this is that we do not have to create blend shapes for every different pose the character can take on.

It works pretty good, but for extreme bending using blend shapes is still considered as an option in the future.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:20 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

Awesome :)

My goal is to use corrective blend shapes to simulate muscle flexing in our virtual woman. When the girls orgasm we should see their thighs, abdomen and ass flex appropriately. The best way to get the result we want would be to use blend shapes. From an aesthetic stand point if we have say a reverse cowgirl position down the road. Your character is laying on his back while said female rides him, the ass would not only jiggle but it would flex as her muscles tense up from pleasure/orgasm. This could add some nice little touches of realism to the animations. I'm hoping that a tutorial will come out of this.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]